Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, That Was The Dumbest Idea Ever Crafted Together... (Failure And Items)

RyuKaiser

They all died on wave 19, can't solo wave 20 even though I was Frost.  I just don't appreciate having no progress from all that time, I don't mind failing the mission, but losing all the things I gathered is unacceptable.  But like I said, it won't be happening again.

You want a better system? I can actually give you several different better systems. One where they can put the old system back in, and people won't quit. You need an incentive to finish a mission, right? What I don't get is, why don't they give positives instead of negatives? So why not include a bonus at the end, a 2nd chance to get a rare item (NOT A BLUEPRINT) from completing the mission? It'd be a random chance, but would reward players who finish missions. Make it a stacking buff: The more missions you finish in a row, the better a chance you get for better drops, with the highest granting a chance to get two. Or make it so there are items you can only get from completing missions.

Half of you seem to have a much different experience than I had. The original system never hurt me, we had someone run in, rush the boss, kill it, leave, and 3 of us were left behind. If we disconnected, we still had the item that we picked up and had worked for. I also don't want to farm solo, this game is fun to me as a multiplayer game. What I do want to see, however, is better options, rather than taking features that helped everyone away.

The problem is they don't grasp that DE does not want this to be Diablo styled boss farming, where you kill the boss grab the items, then exit game. 

But if I still work for the items, if I do all that work for them, then I deserve them.I killed that enemy, opened that container, I put in the time and effort, I deserve my reward.

Edited by RyuKaiser

But if I still work for the items, if I do all that work for them, then I deserve them.I killed that enemy, opened that container, I put in the time and effort, I deserve my reward.

You deserve your reward when you complete the level, not before. 

Yeah, if you could go ahead and not make me waste 30 mins for nothing that would be great.  Just failed the alert on wave 19/20 cuz I was trying to help carry some noob pubbers through.  Next time I see low levels in the alert I will just drop at the start.

I'm just giving feedback, buddy.  Like I said next time I'll just leave the noobs to fend for themselves.  Seems good for the community, right?

i'm getting the elitest feel coming from you. cant really judge people based on their level because of account resets and cant really call them noob when they are facing level 50ish stuff and die quickly because almost every frame will die quickly from level 50 fire unless modded with crap ton of shields.

on that note i would love to see you solo a grineer defence o wait you cant because you need "noob pubbers" to help you.

i'm getting the elitest feel coming from you. cant really judge people based on their level because of account resets and cant really call them noob when they are facing level 50ish stuff and die quickly because almost every frame will die quickly from level 50 fire unless modded with crap ton of shields.

on that note i would love to see you solo a grineer defence o wait you cant because you need "noob pubbers" to help you.

Anyone that brings a 200/200 frame to a 20 wave defense mission is a noob.

Whats this thread about? You can no longer "quit game" (as in exit the whole game, not abort) and keep mods/resources?

Basically.  The "quit game" can be replaced with, failed, disconnected.... etc. but that's what the whining is about.

Wrong.  This would not qualify someone as a noob, in reality, there are people who do this, who would have been able to complete the 20 wave defence, that you, on your higher level warframe failed to accomplish.

It's safe to say that you can assume they could potentially be a liability, but a black and white statement like yours, is wrong.  And coming from someone like yourself meaningless.

Edited by Enot83

So, what you're telling me is... it's evil to reward someone for work they did, and force them to finish the mission? Even punishing them if their connection goes to crap? Is that really a thing to do on a Peer to Peer shooter?

In addition to the good points everyone else mentioned...  No employer in the world pays you for doing part of a job then quitting halfway through.  Try it, quit halfway through a shift and see if you get paid for the work you did before you quit.  You probably won't even get paid for that entire week.

I've done this.  It was an ice mission too so I was 80/160, and had 25 waves of Corpus instead of 20 Grineer.  We also had someone quit after 3 waves so it was me and two Rhinos.  I was also a Trinity with Blessing, so I sat in a box almost outside the map and hit 4 whenever things got dicey, occasionally poking out to take pot-shots at shield drones or shockwave moas.  Came out between waves to get energy and mods.  And you know what?  We didn't finish, but we got through more waves than you did because of me being there with the clutch heals.  Noobz REPRESENT!

anyone who cant carry a "noob" 200/200 frame is the noob. hell it it a weekend event people of all levels are going to join and a lower ranked frame just adds more challenge to it.

Wrong.  This would not qualify someone as a noob, in reality, there are people who do this, who would have been able to complete the 20 wave defence, that you, on your higher level warframe failed to accomplish.

It's safe to say that you can assume they could potentially be a liability, but a black and white statement like yours, is wrong.  And coming from someone like yourself meaningless.

^totally agree

I've done this.  It was an ice mission too so I was 80/160, and had 25 waves of Corpus instead of 20 Grineer.  We also had someone quit after 3 waves so it was me and two Rhinos.  I was also a Trinity with Blessing, so I sat in a box almost outside the map and hit 4 whenever things got dicey, occasionally poking out to take pot-shots at shield drones or shockwave moas.  Came out between waves to get energy and mods.  And you know what?  We didn't finish, but we got through more waves than you did because of me being there with the clutch heals.  Noobz REPRESENT!

an example of a non noob 200/200 player :) wish i could have been there so you would have 3 rhinos lol

They all died on wave 19, can't solo wave 20 even though I was Frost.  I just don't appreciate having no progress from all that time, I don't mind failing the mission, but losing all the things I gathered is unacceptable.  But like I said, it won't be happening again.

As elitest as you sound, I know and understand where you are coming from. I've had people join my groups (thank god for Invite Only now) from my previous clan (Asur0) who'd do 2/4% of the damage. 1 guy, 2 runs, 6% total in both runs. Only a level 30 Excalibur.

It doesn't matter what level people are. Lazy people will be lazy, period. I've yelled at my roommate before, for rushing to the end while his group fought the boss. His response? "Everyone else does it. What are they going to do, kick me? lul"

This new system, while flawed and could use some modificiations via positive community feed back, is better than the bulls**t we had before.

So, if you get disconnected halfway through a mission... guess what screw you. If you get sudden 20 adds that pop out of nowhere while you're at a console while soloing... screw you. Even after you defeated the boss that can grab you from half a room away and drop you right into his lap so he can fart an acid cloud on you.

Who's bright idea was it to change this system, exactly?

My computer randomly reboots. No clue why, can't find an issue. But it happens, and I'm usually the host. End of the world? Not even close.

If you get 20 enemies suddenly popping up out of nowhere while you're breaking into a security console, either you are running past too much S#&$, or you aren't clearing enough before clicking on the thing. Or, heh, someone is getting too trigger happy near those windows. :P

Understandable you are unhappy currently. Horrible connection at a whopping 300ms, enemies pulling a Schrödinger, not getting rewarded for completing 75% of the mission... Who would be happy at this point?