Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well, That Was The Dumbest Idea Ever Crafted Together... (Failure And Items)

RyuKaiser

So, if you get disconnected halfway through a mission... guess what screw you. If you get sudden 20 adds that pop out of nowhere while you're at a console while soloing... screw you. Even after you defeated the boss that can grab you from half a room away and drop you right into his lap so he can fart an acid cloud on you.

Who's bright idea was it to change this system, exactly?

you can unplug your modem at the start of a mission, do the mission, then plug it in and connect right before you finish.

short of crashing you really shouldnt be losing items unless you are out a connection for hours or something.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Everyone that got tired of people rushing bosses, picking up the loot, and quitting.

That shouldn't mean people like me get punished for it. If they rush the boss and loot then leave, they don't get the end-game credits or EXP. That's their goddamn punishment. This just punishes me, especially when my schedule only let's me play with people in other countries, IE, the guys with 300 - 400 Ping.

I suppose this is a change that was constantly lavished with adoration and love by the "hardcore" community.

Everyone that got tired of people rushing bosses, picking up the loot, and quitting.

Whose fault is it? isn't it dev's fault for making the system this way? the extermination missions are exactly the same as the dungeons on any mmorpg, do people explore there either? no they don't.. why would they explore in warframe then? Players blame eachother for rushing but nobody sees that devs are encouraging rushing with this extermination system indirectly.

Not really. It's just the lesser of two evils.

Since there is no way for the game to tell if you where disconnected legitimately or not, this is how it had to go.

So, what you're telling me is... it's evil to reward someone for work they did, and force them to finish the mission? Even punishing them if their connection goes to crap? Is that really a thing to do on a Peer to Peer shooter?

What would happen is this:

Host would rush in, kill the boss grab the BP and disconnect before anyone else could grab everything.

Host migration would occur

It would fail

No one would get the end mission rewards or what they didn't have time to grab from the pickups.

Repeat this on a large scale.

That is why they made it so you dont get anything if you fail/quit a mission.

The host was able to punish everyone else in the game and not allow them to get any end rewards or anything.

Host would rush in, kill the boss grab the BP and disconnect before anyone else could grab everything.

It would fail

No one would get the end mission rewards or what they didn't have time to grab from the pickups.

The host was able to punish everyone else in the game and not allow them to get any end rewards or anything.

And yet if you disconnect no matter what, you forfeit all your rewards. Sounds like they could have fixed that system another way, rather than punishing everyone for the actions of a few. I actually played a LOT during the time the old system was up, one or two would leave, the others would stay, we'd finish the mission. Even if you didn't get the end credits, you could sell extra blueprints you got, add in selling stuff you have a ton of (coughPOLYMERBUNDLEScough), and you could still easily make credits if that happened.

There's a better way, and I'm hoping this change is just a band-aid while they try to figure out something better. I will never, EVER stand behind removing the rewards of everyone just because a handful weren't finishing the mission. This could even be fixed by making the boss much further away, and making the end much closer, so it wouldn't hurt as bad to stay...

And yet if you disconnect no matter what, you forfeit all your rewards. Sounds like they could have fixed that system another way, rather than punishing everyone for the actions of a few. I actually played a LOT during the time the old system was up, one or two would leave, the others would stay, we'd finish the mission. Even if you didn't get the end credits, you could sell extra blueprints you got, add in selling stuff you have a ton of (coughPOLYMERBUNDLEScough), and you could still easily make credits if that happened.

There's a better way, and I'm hoping this change is just a band-aid while they try to figure out something better. I will never, EVER stand behind removing the rewards of everyone just because a handful weren't finishing the mission. This could even be fixed by making the boss much further away, and making the end much closer, so it wouldn't hurt as bad to stay...

The problem is that when the host would leave, which was a majority of the time in pugs, NO one else would get the BP or the end rewards because they were all kicked back to menus.

When the host would leave a mission it would punish everyone in that mission who hadn't had the chance to pick up what the boss had dropped, especially if it was the bp. And a lot of hosts were DCing instantly, meaning that if you weren't standing on the boss when he died you likely weren't going to get anything.

It became annoying trying to farm a boss because as soon as the host grabbed the BP they would end the mission and people who didn't have the time to get it were screwed out of that BP and it made the run a waste of time.

At least now if the BP drops everyone has a chance at grabbing it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

lol.... a few...it wasn't like 1% of the population doing it...it was somewhere around 40-60%.

Also no credits is a punishment? For the love of god take my credits from me. I'm praying for some kind of credit sink as I raise MILLIONS of credits even while I'm constantly crafting and buying blueprints to try to stem the flow, it just keeps rising.

And exp? If they're looking for blueprints/drops chances are they're probably rank 30 on everything. No exp? Yea I'm sure that's a punishment too. Not to mention these missions are only like 4k exp on each thing, real punishment when there are missions where you can get over 30k on every slot every run right?

No a real punishment had to be implemented. You suffer because of what a LARGE % of the community was doing that was against the design of the game.

Also, it's really not that hard to solo non-boss targets, with bosses only requiring higher damage/fire rates to drop than the trash. Oh boo hoo you have to be more cautious than when you're running with 3 others. Go figure.

It's always entertaining when a player lacking in skill complains about a system that they have little to no understanding about other than their tunnel vision of selfishness, comes onto the forums and makes a post like this.

If you're going to play online games, you should make sure you have a decent enough and stable enough connection.

If you're going to play a game, don't whine when you fail at something trivial.

Love the mentality of, "even when I fail, I want to get rewarded with something".

It's always entertaining when a player lacking in skill complains about a system that they have little to no understanding about other than their tunnel vision of selfishness, comes onto the forums and makes a post like this.

If you're going to play online games, you should make sure you have a decent enough and stable enough connection.

Love the mentality of, "even when I fail, I want to get rewarded with something".

Uh, that's the same mentality that gave us this current system.

Maybe your post is supposed to be super ironic?

i somewhat agree with this even though i have a somewhat unreliable connection.

if you fail then you shouldn't get the stuff you picked up in the mission.

now they could change it to a non peer to peer system which would get rid of some of the lag issues.

Tsukinoki, on 21 Jun 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

It would fail

Which is precisely why the hosting system is a bad idea, it'd be better with actual servers instead of PnP stuff. Host has a sudden power surge that turns off everything in their house? Suddenly you lose everything you've gained up to that point through no one's fault at all.

Yeah, if you could go ahead and not make me waste 30 mins for nothing that would be great.  Just failed the alert on wave 19/20 cuz I was trying to help carry some noob pubbers through.  Next time I see low levels in the alert I will just drop at the start.

Which is precisely why the hosting system is a bad idea, it'd be better with actual servers instead of PnP stuff. Host has a sudden power surge that turns off everything in their house? Suddenly you lose everything you've gained up to that point through no one's fault at all.

Well, fork up the money for them to setup several high-tier servers across key locations on the planet. Otherwise, we're going with "not feasible at this time".

Yeah, that would be great. Except for you know Digital Extremes is independent and don't have remotely enough money rent and maintain servers.

Edit: Space!Ninja'd

Edited by ValhaHazred

Yeah, if you could go ahead and not make me waste 30 mins for nothing that would be great.  Just failed the alert on wave 19/20 cuz I was trying to help carry some noob pubbers through.  Next time I see low levels in the alert I will just drop at the start.

"Made you waste 30 minutes" nice, did they come over, lock you into your chair and force you online, into that game, with those people and tell you, you must play?  You failed the mission, big deal.

Well, fork up the money for them to setup several high-tier servers across key locations on the planet. Otherwise, we're going with "not feasible at this time".

Yah, people still don't understand that even with a system like that setup, you're still not going to keep your items when you disconnect/crash/fail etc.

The problem is they don't grasp that DE does not want this to be Diablo styled boss farming, where you kill the boss grab the items, then exit game. 

Yeah, that would be great. Except for you know Digital Extremes is independent and don't have remotely enough money rent and maintain servers.

Edit: Space!Ninja'd

And even if they would have some publisher, nothing will be guarantied. Look at EA.

I'm just giving feedback, buddy.  Like I said next time I'll just leave the noobs to fend for themselves.  Seems good for the community, right?

You failed to help the noobs and the mission was a failure.  So yes, perhaps next time you should let someone better do the job so that instead of them getting a failure at wave 19 because you couldn't deliver, they will succeed.

If you're going to try and be smart about it, perhaps you should have put some more thought into the situation and what occured before trying to sound like God's gift to the gaming community.

Edited by Enot83