Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anisotropic filtering

Fugana

Question

I want to run it at X16 but no matter what multiplier i put it never changes [in the options it says X16 but in reallyty there is no diference]  :[ pls help me, my gpu is Gigabyte HD6850 OC 1GB

Im using this setting in all other games and it works fine. 

16 answers to this question

X16:

VTmqjIx.jpg

X0:
fWFyXMO.jpg

There are 4-5 draw line prety close to each other firt is near the Galatine handle 2nd slight above my aim : \ 
is there away to increase its draw distance cus its very anoyng in some maps : [ i tryed forcing it trough the driver noting changes 

11 minutes ago, Fugana said:

Yes just 1-3 minet 

Ah yep. I just checked myself. Seems there is an issue with the way Warframe handles AF.

I can see Trilinear in effect, and then with AF16x i can see it applied to select surfaces... the floor not being one of them.

Good news at least is i ran that very same GPU a while back. Just force AF through the drivers, using CCC - Or is it crimson now?  

If you want to create a thread in the performance bug section, i can add my screenshots in too.

It will be nice to start a threat so devs can see it, yes i tryed forcing trough my crimson driver nothing canged at all : \ and far i know Steve is working on some new antialising filter and its in the options now but oh god when i choose it the game get blured and my eyes start burning .. its is as a Prevew mod so hope this draw issues gona be solved soon : \ 

Even at such a short distance I can tell AF is working. There is a clear difference in the pictures. Look further away at the floor at 0 and 16 and I think you should be able to see it very clearly. 

1 minute ago, Fugana said:

It will be nice to start a threat so devs can see it, yes i tryed forcing trough my crimson driver nothing canged at all : \ and far i know Steve is working on some new antialising filter and its in the options now but oh god when i choose it the game get blured and my eyes start burning .. its is as a Prevew mod so hope this draw issues gona be solved soon : \ 

I actually really like the new AA option. It addresses a lot of issues the old SMAA technique had. Especially in motion.

But, the AA option in Warframe all happen after the render process, so they shouldn't be the reasons for the borked AF. What is more likely is that not all surfaces are being targeted for filtering - Performance saving feature since not all surface need to have samples taken from them.

Just now, Rem_NL said:

Even at such a short distance I can tell AF is working. There is a clear difference in the pictures. Look further away at the floor at 0 and 16 and I think you should be able to see it very clearly. 

It's not. AF is not targeting all surfaces. Should ask to get this moved to the bug section. I'll post my pics to this thread now.

1 minute ago, MillbrookWest said:

It's not. AF is not targeting all surfaces. Should ask to get this moved to the bug section. I'll post my pics to this thread now.

Yes i just noticed it AF really dont target every survace for example see the corpus writhing at X16 they are clear and vsible but at X0 you cant see what is writen 
so yes AF dont target all surfaces. 

Just now, Rem_NL said:

at this angle and distance even 0 AF would work. I think its working like intended, but too lazy to go in game to show it to you. 

Compare my driver forced AF to the implementation in Warframe:

AF off, Trilinear on:
warframe.x64_2016_07_udk1z.jpg

16x AF:
warframe.x64_2016_07_uxjrq.jpg

16x AF through drivers:
warframe.x64_2016_07_r0kse.jpg

As i said, it looks like the game engine is excluding some surfaces from taking samples, as you can see in my second pic. It takes samples from the roof, but not the floor.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Have you check your graphics control center? It may have a force setting that's forcing it to use the GPU Control Center settings over game settings.

yes i tryed but i dont know should i turn AF OFF ingame and then X16 in the driver options? 

the Texture Filtering is working in those images.
it has a more noticable effect the farther away from your Camera a location is however.

you can, however, get better results if you force it Driverwise - but this is because that will apply the same Filtering Level at all distances, while Warframe uses LOD.

Edited by taiiat