The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime's Polarities...

Xylia

Okay, so I finally got around to leveling my Excalibur Prime and I immediately saw the first thing I don't like about it.

Excalibur Prime has an additional "checkmark" polarity compared to the regular Excalibur.

The problem?

There are only THREE Warframe mods that fit this Polarity:

Continuity

Rage

Focus

And only ONE of those mods are actually useful for Excalibur: Focus. Continuity does not affect Radial Blind and you don't take Health Damage often enough (or at least you shouldn't) that the Health->Energy is worth using a mod slot over.

So... basically, the Excalibur Prime is actually punished for being a "Prime" because the Polarity Slot DE gave it, is the worst polarity slot possible.

So unless we get new "Checkmark" mods, you're pretty much forced to Forma one of those Checkmark Polarities into something more useful, like the triangle or the line instead.

So could you guys either remove the checkmark polarity or change it to something a little better? I can understand not wanting to make primes Uber, but you shouldn't make them worse than non-Prime until you use a Forma, either.

Actually you're wrong but i forgot the info since i stopped playing excal for a long time now. Hopefully someone gives you the loadout made for his extra polarity. 

So don't you forma just yet.

Well, what am I wrong about?

Well ok, apparently it doesn't say this on the wiki page, Continuity works for Slash Dash, but eh. The bonus would surely be so small that it isn't worth using the Mod Slot for? Like probably 5 feet extra?

There's only 3 mods that fit the polarity, and Rage is nigh-useless.

Not sure what exactly I'm missing here.

continuity makes slash dash go FOOOORRRREEEVVEEERRR.

and considering how powerful slash dash is, its reason enough to take it.

there is no reason to expect there will be no more mods with that polarity which you might want. i never felt the loss of that slot for anything else in particular to shoot excal in the foot for having it. its not optimal but it doesnt condemn him either. at worse i just took radial javelin off and put something else in there anyways, even at the added cost you can stuff alot in there. or just jump too, thats super weaksauce.

its not a world ending situation. and if you are really having a fit just polarize it out. its an extra slot to begin with so at worse you end up with one forma used and a setup much like a regular excal might have but with a better skin.

Edited by MetalGerbil

while we are at the polarities ..

i'd love to imagine the Excalibur Prime, as a Prime version of a basic all rounder, a balanced Warframe, to have 1 of each polarity, 1 D, 1 V, and 1 -.

i heard he's a balanced Warframe, in both offense and defense, compiled with great mobility,

i think the D is good for defensive mods,

i think the V is good for Continuity / Focus, i prefer Continuity tho,

i think the - is good for rush ? or flow ? more Slash Dash muahahahah !

The problem with making Slash Dash go even further, is sometimes it goes *too far*. Like.....right off the edge of a ledge too far.

In fact, earlier, no Continuity and just Slash Dash Lv3, I did a Slash Dash and I Thought I had enough room..... uh, nope. Went right off a ledge and fell down to the bottom of the room where there was more crap waiting for me at the bottom. lol.

So yeah I probably won't be using continuity. I'll take regular ole Lv3 SD as it does plenty just like that.

I will most likely Forma the other checkmark slot, not sure to what yet. Either a triangle or a line. I'll have to take a look at mods I'd almost always use in any situation and make my decision then. If I really really really wanted a continuity, I'd just use a regular non-polarized slot for that or something.

EDIT:

there is no reason to expect more mods with that polarity which you might want.

Seems kinda silly that there are only THREE mods in the entire game for Warframes that use that polarity, but yet how many lines and triangles are there again? A whole crapload of them.

Edited by Xylia

The problem with making Slash Dash go even further, is sometimes it goes *too far*. Like.....right off the edge of a ledge too far.

In fact, earlier, no Continuity and just Slash Dash Lv3, I did a Slash Dash and I Thought I had enough room..... uh, nope. Went right off a ledge and fell down to the bottom of the room where there was more crap waiting for me at the bottom. lol.

So yeah I probably won't be using continuity. I'll take regular ole Lv3 SD as it does plenty just like that.

I will most likely Forma the other checkmark slot, not sure to what yet. Either a triangle or a line. I'll have to take a look at mods I'd almost always use in any situation and make my decision then. If I really really really wanted a continuity, I'd just use a regular non-polarized slot for that or something.

EDIT:

Seems kinda silly that there are only THREE mods in the entire game for Warframes that use that polarity, but yet how many lines and triangles are there again? A whole crapload of them.

Well with that logic might as well not use focus either because radial javelin already does more than 1000 damage. Normal enemies (which you will be fighting the most) don't even have half that much. So boosting it's damage is damage gone to waste.

I like my two V slots for Excal Prime, thanks. Focus maximizes its damage output while Continuity makes it into an awesome skill for mobility.

If the extra V slot is such an issue for the OP, well there's Forma now to make it a moot point :)

Well with that logic might as well not use focus either because radial javelin already does more than 1000 damage. Normal enemies (which you will be fighting the most) don't even have half that much. So boosting it's damage is damage gone to waste.

Radial Javelin doesn't propel you off of ledges, now does it?

Boosting Damage is always a good thing.

Rocketing yourself clear across a room and off a ledge (or out of the map if you run into one of the many terrain glitches) is not so good.

Tho, on a sidenote... wouldn't it be nice if there was some way to cancel the dash early? Is there a way to do that? They could make it so that pressing jump causes you to end the dash and jump.

That way, Continuity would rock and you wouldn't have to worry about flying off ledges.

Rocketing yourself clear across a room and off a ledge (or out of the map if you run into one of the many terrain glitches) is not so good.

Tho, on a sidenote... wouldn't it be nice if there was some way to cancel the dash early? Is there a way to do that? They could make it so that pressing jump causes you to end the dash and jump.

That way, Continuity would rock and you wouldn't have to worry about flying off ledges.

No if you think about it it's the same thing. If you are boosting your damage too high (higher than needed) those are points going to waste that could be used for more useful things.

I've never actually had a problem with slash dashing off a ledge as I am playing a ninja. You use your skills with precision.

its bad if that is the best you have against it.

i once used excal exclusively for weeks and not once, NOT ONCE, did i slash dash off of anything any where for any reason that i didnt intend to.

there arent even that many maps where that is possible. let alone you not being about to simple.... not do that. a prime element of that skill is looking where you are about to go as it is....where you are about to go do damage at. wouldnt that pending ledge be a thing you would kinda notice?

look, its a choice, made by the dev team to guide your hand in terms of mod builds. you may not like it and thats fine. nobody is perfect. but you have a system to rectify it. some are willing to pay that price for a spiffy version of excal and to a large extent those people already did. its a founders only exclusive and if you did manage to blow all your money already there is void runs to do and plat to buy if you dont wanna bother.

this is not a massive issue. not to anyone with a little patience or some money burning a hole in their pocket.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I have never once died from slash dashing off a ledge. It just resets you, so what. Slash dash is arguably the most powerful skill Excalibur has for offense as the number of targets hit by radial javelin is limited. Put on continuity, flow, and streamline and you can hit chain slash dash clear rooms. Focus for the blind *shrugs* sure why not, that actually comes in more handy the radial javelin cause it hits all targets in aoe and still stuns mobs at high levels. But between the two I prefer continuity, and use slash dash

all

the

time.