Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SOLVED] Upgrade to Windows 10?

Cyborg-Rox

I've pretty much made up my mind that I want to make the upgrade to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) on my PC before the free period ends. I just want to make sure that's the right choice, and I'm not missing any downsides.

So, how does Windows 10 overall affect my PC? What problems might I have, what downsides will I have, what improvements will I have?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

10 minutes ago, (PS4)TheCrimsonTuckr said:

When I upgraded from Windows 8.1, my audio stopped working and eventually the WiFi stopped working too.

I don't know if it's better now but I dont really recommend it.

Mos timely your PC. I updated to Windows 10 and it's been fine for me.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)TheCrimsonTuckr said:

When I upgraded from Windows 8.1, my audio stopped working and eventually the WiFi stopped working too.

I don't know if it's better now but I dont really recommend it.

Well, I mean, if it ends up being bad I can still change back to Windows 7 within 31 days.

Works fine here, probably has the least problems I've had with any of the previous OS since 98.
Only complaint I can think of off the top of my head is 8's replacement startup manager, its a bit crap.

As with each OS upgrade compatibility is a bit hit or miss, slight few more relics to be left to time from the XP era and older.
As for the aforementioned, 8.1 was a trainwreck, its always a good idea to check if the hardware and drivers are compatible.
That said audio is a fairly common driver for windows to install wrong here but it can usually be remedied.

It's not so bad, but there is a few bugs that you might have to fix yourself or wait for a patch.

There's this one bug that makes the feature to right clicking icons on the toolbar load a lot slower, like half an hour after startup, so if you right click before that, nothing pops up. The same goes for left clicking the icons on the small tray, like WiFi and stuff. It goes away after a while and there is a way of fixing it, but for some reason these commands doesn't stick and reverts back to bugginess on restart.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/windows-10-start-menu-search-taskbar-and-some/2e3a6360-e781-4a43-a449-d3883caf558a?tm=1458893819166

Oh, also, occasionally you won't be able to log on with your windows account on stuff like your Setting and Xbox app. You gotta do that yourself as well.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

5 hours ago, RetroRender said:

I've had very few issues, if at all, with Windows 10. Although the free period has ended, If you have upgraded, and need any kind of advice on how to get around, or fix things, hit me up.

Yeah, I got some help on a different forum to do a clean installation of Windows 10 the day before the free period ended. Was quite a hassle, and took me 5 hours, but everything's looking great c: