Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has There Been Any Official Word About The Recent Credit Reward Change / Nerf From DE?

Master-Nachash

35 minutes ago, Arniox said:

yes there has. In either devstream 77 or prime time 127, one of the two. DE_Steve said they where trying to fix it and they where hoping to get it out as soon as possible. It's a bug according to them.

So the Raid credits nerf (1/3) was actually a "unexpected bug"?

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

yes there has. In either devstream 77 or prime time 127, one of the two. DE_Steve said they where trying to fix it and they where hoping to get it out as soon as possible. It's a bug according to them.

46 minutes ago, Harloq said:

And the Dark Sector missions credit nerf????

So there was a credit drop reduction? I mean I have seen Excavations giving 3000 credit caches instead of the regular 5k+ but I didn't know it was that bad. Well it doesn't affect me much but hopefully they will fix it in today's hotfix.

17 hours ago, Arniox said:

34g13eh.png

Edited by -Sandman

The only official word I've seen is that there is a display bug on credit boosters, but they still actually work and that sortie missions giving zero credits was a bug. I haven't seen the nerf to pretty much every other form of credit acquisition commented on at all, maybe I missed it? I have seen multiple instances of DE staff saying how they really need to improve the new player experience though, and the credit nerf really really blows if you're in the middle of trying to burn through a lot of new weapons and frames to get to MR12 to use syndicate weapons, or level up even your common drop mods. The credit nerf probably wasn't even noticed by many veteran players, but to the newer players it basically reduced progression to a crawl.

I will say, the revamp of the fusion core system may (hopefully) be part 2 of the credit nerf, where they don't make it cost millions of credits to rank up mods so reducing credit drops would actually you know, make sense. Not holding my breath though.

21 hours ago, Harloq said:

20 hours ago, Master-Nachash said:

And the Dark Sector missions credit nerf????

apparently. Although all I heard was from DE_Steve as a passing word from either devstream or prime time. It must have been prime time cause I made a very detailed time stamp menu on the prime time and I remember time stamping that cause it was very nice news for me.

The only official word I've seen is that there is a display bug on credit boosters, but they still actually work and that sortie missions giving zero credits was a bug. I haven't seen the nerf to pretty much every other form of credit acquisition commented on at all, maybe I missed it? I have seen multiple instances of DE staff saying how they really need to improve the new player experience though, and the credit nerf really really blows if you're in the middle of trying to burn through a lot of new weapons and frames to get to MR12 to use syndicate weapons, or level up even your common drop mods. The credit nerf probably wasn't even noticed by many veteran players, but to the newer players it basically reduced progression to a crawl.

I will say, the revamp of the fusion core system may (hopefully) be part 2 of the credit nerf, where they don't make it cost millions of credits to rank up mods so reducing credit drops would actually you know, make sense. Not holding my breath though.

I actually haven't noticed the credit bug to sorties. I still get 100k from sorties so... not sure :P

Edited by Arniox

30 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Losing 10,000 credits a mission is down by A LOT

It's down by 30%. It's down "a lot" is vague. It depends a lot on perspective too. 10k credits is mostly significant to a new player. 

I would consider down more than 50% a credit nerf. But this is the only major credit reduction out of all the things OP mentioned. All in all I don't think it's worth any panic our outcries. Sorties and raids still give insane credits.

13 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

It's down by 30%. It's down "a lot" is vague. It depends a lot on perspective too. 10k credits is mostly significant to a new player. 

I would consider down more than 50% a credit nerf. But this is the only major credit reduction out of all the things OP mentioned. All in all I don't think it's worth any panic our outcries. Sorties and raids still give insane credits.

who cares about percentages i dont . it is still A LOT. not everyone wants to do raids or sorties. it is still bad. and you did your math wrong. its down 58%. the original was 24k as a reward. now it's 14k

Edited by cookieknife

1 minute ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Sorties and raids are mostly for experienced players who aren't as impacted by a credit acquisition nerf to begin with. Like I said before, it is an odd thing to acknowledge that the new player experience needs improvement and in the same breath really hurt the ability for a new player to "catch up". And it isn't 10k credits. It is 10k credits on every mission you do, which can mean easily 100k-200k per night of a semi active player. There are tons of alert missions now that you end up getting like 5k total credits or less from.

I consider myself a mid level player, I'm MR16 and I've focused most of my credits (while running an almost continuous credit booster) on the production of new items and clan research. I usually had enough left to at least transmute gold mods and maybe throw some cores at some of the R10 mods I have yet to finish leveling. I buy almost all of my forma, orokin catalyst/reactors, etc off the market rather than building them. I'm essentially leveling as fast as possible with my play time, averaging around 2 hours a day play time since when I started in March.

Post update, I have yet to do a single transmute and more than once I've had to run a quick mission just to get the credits to kick off building mag prime parts or whatever. I've pretty much finished the clan research aside from the new archwings so that isn't even consuming credits anymore. I have exactly one R10 mod to max level and that is heavy caliber which I purchased maxed - serration, vitality, etc are mostly in the 7-9 range and I can't afford to put anything but duplicate mods towards leveling them post update. I'm the type of player who has had their progression really impacted by this, and I'm not alone.

If it was a delibrate attempt to slow down progression, giving the game more long term goals than so be it. I'd just like some official acknowledgement is all. This was a very significant change for a big segment of people playing the game. I realize some people probably barely even noticed, but for me I noticed it very obviously day one.

37 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

who cares about percentages i dont . it is still A LOT. not everyone wants to do raids or sorties. it is still bad. and you did your math wrong. its down 58%. the original was 24k as a reward. now it's 14k

Mostly just nitpicking but on ps4the, still pre-SotR, Sechura credit reward unboosted is 22k.

Your math is also wrong. A 10k drop on 24k would be a 42% drop, the actual drop of 8k from 22k is a 36% drop.

Losing a third is significant but there are options. I wish they'd just buff credit drops all around. 

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
Spelling

1 hour ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Mostly just nitpicking but on ps4the, still pre-SotR, Sechura credit reward unboosted is 22k.

Your math is also wrong. A 10k drop on 24k would be a 42% drop, the actual drop of 8k from 22k is a 36% drop.

Losing a third is significant but there are options. I wish they'd just buff credit drops all around. 

Unboosted it was 24k. I have done it many many times I know my s hit.

and the math I did was 14k , the current reward

i made a typo. Big whoop still 

it was 24k 

now its 14k 

big difference

Edited by cookieknife

3 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

Nah man PC and console weren't always exactly alike

Okay. They took the exact same build for the Lunaro update and tweaked credits on one mission down exactly 2k credits just so you could be right. That makes sense that they'd change dark sector rewards by less than 10% but just for consoles, just for funsies. /s 

Just now, ENGINEEEEER said:

Okay. They took the exact same build for the Lunaro update and tweaked credits on one mission down exactly 2k credits just so you could be right. That makes sense that they'd change dark sector rewards by less than 10% but just for consoles, just for funsies. /s 

If the credit thing they have now is a bug. How come that couldn't be a bug? 2k is easily a bug that wouldn't be fixed. But what ever I've been doing it for months I know my numbers . 24k to 14k.