Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds, etc.

Carnage2K4

On 7/26/2016 at 0:08 AM, (XB1)NecroEric420 said:

I worked my butt off between jan 26th and feb 3rd to earn the rare event mods. Im sorry but youll have to wait a year or more before they come back.

It was the same thing with the 120% damage mods before they came back with the trader and tactical alerts.

Theres some prestige to have been there when the event dropped and owning those mods are part of the prestige.

Plenty of people worked their butts off and DIDN'T get it. I don't consider being on the favored side of rng all that prestigious. It's something that doesn't take into account the effort put in at any reasonable rate.

2 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

Plenty of people worked their butts off and DIDN'T get it. I don't consider being on the favored side of rng all that prestigious. It's something that doesn't take into account the effort put in at any reasonable rate.

I fully agree with this, and generally my issue with events like these is that you could be putting very consistent effort for very inconsistent rewards (also kinda salty here because I spent the better part of yesterday hunting Torment and didn't get AG). If there were a kind of point system similar to the Fomorian event where you could gradually unlock each acolyte's mods the more you hunted them down, it would reward players in a way that valued their time, but as of right now the best chance for people who missed a single day of the event, or just didn't have the time needed to fully commit to mod hunting, is to either try again with Misery, which is a crapshoot at best, or wait for goodness knows how long for the next occurrence of the event. Personally, I'd really like Acolyte hunting to be a permanent fixture (perhaps with some tweaks, e.g. an associated resource sink), as I think it does a lot of good things for the game, namely by encouraging people to run regular nodes, but as of right now there's no knowing how things will turn out.