Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Void secret races

LagMiaterioso

Question

So, are the Orokin Void secret parkour room/races worth? I heard quite some time ago that storage containers at the end of races drops better MODs and all, but i've run a few ones and it wasn't anything remarkable. The containers seemed just as the regular ones spawning all over the map, and despite dropping some MODs in some runs, it was just some common ones. I tried to do some research on my own but even the wiki pages about it seems to be long gone extinct as the Dodo. 
So, are they worth?

4 answers to this question

Actually Sanctuary was from void containers only way back. The mods if you mark them are "Module" because they are actually random for the whole party, good chance of getting mods like Rage, split chamber, hell's chamber, etc. But there wasn't much of a "better" mods situation, it just had better chances of dropping out certain mods you were after is all.

When voids were implimented we didn't have trading, we weren't high mastery players. We were more humble people looking for that rare mod we didn't have that we just had to have to complete a build. And it was a thrill to find and solve the rooms to get to the end. Now you can breeze through it all and not worry about much of anything. It was fun.

4 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Actually Sanctuary was from void containers only way back.

Enemy Sense was too, as was Shotgun Spazz.
(afaik they can all be gotten elsewhere, now.)

But aside from that, yeah, what he said.

Only additional thing is: There are a few possible Rare/Reinforced spawn spots at the end of the courses.
Same miniscule chance for them to actually spawn, though, but hey, maybe you'll get lucky.

tl;dr - They're a good way to get Intensify(?), Continuity, some of the multishot mods, etc.
Aside from that, not really.

Edited by Chroia

I'd say they're good for new players who have very few mods as there are some good rare mods that drop pretty frequently in my experience. Once you get a decent collection however, their usefulness really falls off.

I wish they expanded these void "trial runs" to be more interesting, but that's another topic for another time.

So it is as i suspected. Well, maybe it's worth a few shots to drop that damn Continuity i need. But i find it's kinda shame The Void's only purpose now is to farm Argon Crystals. I hope DE has some plans to it later, as right now Void is only gathering dust there. Thanks for the replies