Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did Valkyr get nerfed?

BlazerEraser

Wasn't here for this little event so just curious what the reasoning behind this was.

P.S: Inaros is twice as tanky as Valkyr ever was. Will he get nerfed too?

Edit: I got my answers at least, can a Moderator close this please? Thank you.

Edited by BlazerEraser

Yeah, i know, but it's not like nulifiers weren't a thing, Inaros is literally unkillable if you know how as well...

4-5k Health, 100% armor up, health steal from finishers and ultimate. He's pretty "invulnerable" in my eyes.

Edited by BlazerEraser

Just now, AurumandArgentum said:

Because you could stay invulnerable as Valk forever, literally you could if you knew how to do it and it wasn't hard.

In the end it's really sad for people who played valk casually. I just used her from time to time for fun, never tried to mod her to be broken OP. I know she's still playable now, but for me it's just too bothersome. That was just some bad rework

^ You never faced an army of Grineer Leechers or Nulifiers? You could get overwhelmed even as pre-nerf Valkyr, the moment they sucked all your energy away you were 1 hit away from instant death.

Edit: Inaros is pretty much my casual frame now.

Edited by BlazerEraser

2 minutes ago, BlazerEraser said:

^ You never faced an army of Grineer Leechers or Nulifiers? You could get overwhelmed even as pre-nerf Valkyr, the moment they sucked all your energy away you were 1 hit away from instant death.

so dont get it whats the problem with valkyr now she just die more often tks god

2 minutes ago, BlazerEraser said:

So? They do the same thing to every other frame.

^

Not to Inaros ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You got 500 health left but 100% armor up? Run into a nulifier to get ALL your health back :D.

Leechers almost stealing all your energy? it's ok not like you gonna loose your armor.

Low on health even with armor up? Pocket Sand and finisher, thx.

Edited by BlazerEraser

Just now, BlazerEraser said:

^

Not to Inaros ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You got 500 health left but 100% armor up? Run into a nulifier to get ALL your health back :D.

Leechers almost stealing all your energy? it's ok not like you gonna loose your armor.

Low on health even with armor up? Pocket Sand and finisher, thx.

500 health left and 100% armor buff, run into a nully bubble *poof* armor buff gone.

Valkyr hysteria ability was too op. Other players realize that and started using valkyr intensively for just that ability. Few days later, some of those people started complaining about how boring it is to play valkyr. Word spreads out, forums thread started appearing about valkyr being op. Everyone started building for hysteria. And then nerf threads appear. And then the ultimate decision to nerf her happens. So then some of the people that only used her for hysteria either stop using valkyr or started making threads about why she shouldn't be nerf. But guess what, hysteria was op. It was removed and it mad one thing obvious. Valkyr ability needs a whole new rework. The abilities doesn't have any synergy between each one. 

Tl:dr Character was op, bandwagon happens, threads happens, changes happen. valkyr became a bit more balanced.

Edit: oh by the way. I still use valkyr as my main. Cuz fashion frame. ?

Edited by Calwon5

when she was duration nobody complain now evry body qq zomg adapt
same thing happen with rhino was duration they change it too hp pool omg ppl jumping out of the windows and stuff like that  ppl need too adapt

3 minutes ago, Calwon5 said:

Valkyr hysteria ability was too op. Other players realize that and started using valkyr intensively for just that ability. Few days later, some of those people started complaining about how boring it is to play valkyr. Word spreads out, forums thread started appearing about valkyr being op. Everyone started building for hysteria. And the a ion enough threads to need hysteria happens. And then the ultimate decision to nerf her happens. So then some of the people that only used her for hysteria either stop using valkyr or started making threads about why she shouldn't be nerf. But guess what, hysteria was op. It was removed and it mad one thing obvious. Valkyr ability needs a whole new rework. The abilities doesn't have any synergy between each one. 

Tl:dr Character was op, bandwagon happens, threads happens, changes happen. valkyr became a bit more balanced.

My only pet peeve with her Nerf is that Inaros exists that does even better than her, if you know how to play him :D. Makes me wonder if Inaros will get the same treatment.

Valkyr is still fun, just had to make her a bit more...survivable without hysteria and she's just as fun. 

Edited by BlazerEraser

OP all you need to do is learn and adapt, theres no point making a compliant thread about it, if your just going to spit your dummy out, as politely as I can put it, Valk is still as deadly as she ever can be, and can still be "Godmode" if you build her right, shes the berserker she was ment to be. a Girl who can soak up all kinds of damage and deal high damage, but building up rage causes damage-feedback.

Think of like a berserker from XCOM 2, shes always angry, shes very tanky and can deal a shiz amount of damage, however shes unstable and kills her own forces, think of it like that, but for Valk, she has so much built up rage, she can harm herself or even kill herself, cuz even a real life person rageing too much, can cause health issues.  

My only pet peeve with her Nerf is that Inaros exists that does even better than her, if you know how to play him :D.

Valkyr is still fun, just had to make her a bit more...survivable without hysteria and she's just as fun. 

then play with inaros and stop qq about valk

Don't try to wedge your little nerf complaints on everyone else by going "Oh but why doesn't THIS frame get nerfed then?".
Inaros is GOOD, but what you need to get is that he isn't LITERALLY UNKILLABLE. (Just technically.)

All there is left to do is to git gud.

Just now, venon23 said:

then play with inaros and stop qq about valk

Sorry if this came out as a complaint thread >.>. Wasn't intended for that, just curious if this will happen to Inaros as well if people thinks he's doing too well in missions or something like Valkyr did.

Sorry if this came out as a complaint thread >.>. Wasn't intended for that, just curious if this will happen to Inaros as well if people thinks he's doing too well in missions or something like Valkyr did.

Inaros requires time and exp too play valkyr  need 3 mods and a good meele and braindead player now see the difrence ???

1 minute ago, Misanthroplonker said:

Don't try to wedge your little nerf complaints on everyone else by going "Oh but why doesn't THIS frame get nerfed then?".
Inaros is GOOD, but what you need to get is that he isn't LITERALLY UNKILLABLE. (Just technically.)

All there is left to do is to adapt

Pretty much this ^ (I did edit it yes), crying out nerfs to other frames, just due to your fav frame got nerfed is very childish and is frowned upon here OP, i'll be more careful next time. I think we shuold be lucky DE didn't go for a "True" Berserker and have us Rad-Proc'd if we used it too long. (Like the XCOM 2 ones), then people will complain. 

2 minutes ago, venon23 said:

Inaros requires time and exp too play valkyr  need 3 mods and a good meele and braindead player now see the difrence ???

eeeh...Inaros is just as easy for me to use...but w/e.

@LegionCynex

I didn't say "Nerf Inaros now, he's broken" now did i? I was just curious since he's just as OP as Valkyr was :3.

Edited by BlazerEraser