Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with "focus" *might contain spoilers*

zoroboro

Question

Ok so i just finished the second dream which opened the "focus" system, so after i finish creating that character...i had to choose a school so i chose "Naramon".

So since the system is new and the game doesn't really explain it that much, i have a few questions.

How do i gain "Focus points"?

What is a focus lens and how do i get one?

after i've completed the mission, did i get a lens that i should apply? should i do something after the mission?

2 answers to this question

Focus Lenses are Sortie rewards and can be traded, Greater Lenses can be crafted or bought from the Market,
you should've also been given a Naramon Lens after the Quest.

Lenses are how you get Focus points, you equip them (similar to a Reactor / Catalyst, via "Actions")
to your Rank 30 Warframe or weapon and then when those would gain / waste Affinity, they instead gain Focus.

Generally it's a good idea to Lens up your Frames first since they'll always gain Affinity no matter who or what kills stuff,
though if you switch Frames frequently but keep on killin' with the same weapon, that might be a better candidate.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus

Edited by NinjaZeku

You get a starter lens that you can put on your gear from the actions menu in the modding section of the arsenal. From that point a % of the affinity that frame or weapon gets is converted into focus.

Lenses are available from sorties and are tradable.

The market has greater lenses and blueprints for them (greater needs 4 normal lenses and has 50% more gain I believe).

High exp missions and stealth combo runs are generally the best way to gain focus.

There is more stuff but this is a general rundown.