Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we be a bit rewarded for doing "endless" Void Fissure mission?

Epsik-kun

After trying out Void Fissure Survival, I found it being pretty fun with all these fissure explosions and Corrupted spawns. However while it's a fun concept, objectively there really is zero point in staying beyond 5 minutes into the game.

Can we be rewarded for it at least a little bit? For instance, how about making each fissure explosion drop a single void trace.

Currently, the only reason I have for overstaying in a Survival is my ego. Can we get something else, please?

59 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

After trying out Void Fissure Survival, I found it being pretty fun with all these fissure explosions and Corrupted spawns. However while it's a fun concept, objectively there really is zero point in staying beyond 5 minutes into the game.

Can we be rewarded for it at least a little bit? For instance, how about making each fissure explosion drop a single void trace.

Currently, the only reason I have for overstaying in a Survival is my ego. Can we get something else, please?

Well, you get possible drops of more relics and such. Credits, Mods, etc. The goal with the new void system is to get away from doing the same key for the maximum amount of profit.

Just now, JSharpie said:

Well, you get possible drops of more relics and such. Credits, Mods, etc. The goal with the new void system is to get away from doing the same key for the maximum amount of profit.

For that purpose, it will be several times more effective to extract at 5 minutes and do an Excavation instead. And even disregarding that - all you get is normal Survival rewards. Void Survival used to be special.

Void survival used to be very profitable but time demanding, true. 

One way they could simulate that would be by allowing us to carry multiple numbers of the same relic and, during survival fissures, make us collect another round of reactants for the next relic in our inventory.

No, it doesn't give you more prime stuff per relic, because that would not make sense.

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Yeah, wonderful! Instead we have 5 minute missions for lunch break without anything remotely resembling a challenge.

59 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Yeah, wonderful! Instead we have 5 minute missions for lunch break without anything remotely resembling a challenge.

Here's why it won't work:

Regarding endless Void missions -- they've always enjoyed a tremendous advantage over other Mission Types with regards to rewards. While other mission types had a static ratio of one Reward for one Key, endless missions offered many Rewards for the cost of a single key.

However, this was somewhat balanced because the Reward tables of endless missions remained static. Consequently, you still had a very obvious reason to play non-endless Void Missions -- something you want may be only within their Reward table.

With this new system, any mission type can feature any Reward table. If an idea like this was implemented, it would become disadvantageous to ever do a non-endless Fissure Mission. Why would you, when you would only get one reward? Then, you're stuck doing endless missions whenever you want to do a Fissure because it's now flatly better than non-endless, and your Prime farming is even more restrictive than before.

@AM-Bunny explained it better than I could

4 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

@AM-Bunny explained it better than I could

I don't agree.

Right, i think they didn't got the point of endless "void" missions ...

Who would stay 60m instead of 5 to get only 1 reward And 1 cores or some credits each 5 mins ... ? This isn't right at all ...

Is that complicated to do:

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each 5 mins like before for Survival missions

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each 5 waves like before for Defence missions

- Give us 1 "Random" reward each rounds like before for Interceptions missions

--> For these endless runs the "Quality" of the Relic doesn't increase / change the drop chances.

- Keep the "New" system were you get to choose a reward for the other missions

So people who likes to farm endless runs are happy and people who wants to get "more chances" by being able to choose between 4 drops are also happy ...

Why can't you mix both systems ?

Its exactly like the movement system:

- Wall run without using the sprint key = actual wall jumps (rabbit jumps) 

- Wall run with the sprint key = the old wall running animation ( real wall running)

- Wall flip = run toward a wall while sprinting until it does the flip.

I think endless void missions should have a special drop table. One that does not give prime stuff, but has items like r5 fusion cores, orikin cells, other rare materials, maybe even a rare chance to get some of the clan tech resources etc.

While you would not get more than one prime part, you would get some pretty nice swag to go along with the increased difficulty.

59 minutes ago, clemza said:

-snipalip-

The goal was to reduce the idea of playing only one mission type for the best rewards. If they add more rewards for endless mission types then why in the world would I ever play any other mission type? I would just wait for the void fissures to land on an endless mission and then farm the hell out of them until it disappears. That's why the system changed, and that's why this idea won't be implemented. 

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

The goal was to reduce the idea of playing only one mission type for the best rewards. If they add more rewards for endless mission types then why in the world would I ever play any other mission type? I would just wait for the void fissures to land on an endless mission and then farm the hell out of them until it disappears. That's why the system changed, and that's why this idea won't be implemented. 

There need to be SOMETHING there to reward players for endless missions with the increased difficulty.

If not, then DE should restrict defense and survival etc to a fixed number of waves/rounds/min survived.

58 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

There need to be SOMETHING there to reward players for endless missions with the increased difficulty.

If not, then DE should restrict defense and survival etc to a fixed number of waves/rounds/min survived.

That sounds more like a real suggestion. I can get behind that.

10 waves for defense, 10 minutes for survival, 3 excavations, 2 interceptions rounds. But then you would get people complaining "I could do this in 5 minutes before! Now I have to waste more time for only one reward! Come on DE you're droppin' the ball here". Threads like that are a dime a dozen.

7 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

then why in the world would I ever play any other mission type?

To get more chance to drop whats your looking for, you can increase the chance and choose between 4 drops, which you can't do in endless missions.

Having a prime part 100% for the first 5m, then a prime part or cores or a relic each 5m would be nice too.

Edited by clemza

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

That sounds more like a real suggestion. I can get behind that.

10 waves for defense, 10 minutes for survival, 3 excavations, 2 interceptions rounds. But then you would get people complaining "I could do this in 5 minutes before! Now I have to waste more time for only one reward! Come on DE you're droppin' the ball here". Threads like that are a dime a dozen.

Would need to be 5 wave defense and 5 min survival.

6 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

I think endless void missions should have a special drop table. One that does not give prime stuff, but has items like r5 fusion cores, orikin cells, other rare materials, maybe even a rare chance to get some of the clan tech resources etc.

While you would not get more than one prime part, you would get some pretty nice swag to go along with the increased difficulty.

how about putting Arcanes there instead.. hmmm?

1 minute ago, NightElve said:

how about putting Arcanes there instead.. hmmm?

Arcanes are not coming back except in the form you get from raids. Period. (This was a design choice made a while ago)

Edited by RacerDelux

The best thing about fissures is that now every void run takes 10 min max. So even casual player have it easy to jump in for one or two.

Old system with "wait 20min/waves ans see... nothing again" wasnt as good as some view it.

Now i sometimes spend more time in endless Hieracon, just to see how far we can go, and relic every 3 excavetion is fair reward.

The problem with other endless mission is that rewards have no avarage. They dont need to be super good or multiplied. Just be fair. Some high level rewards sucks.

If for example endless void survival was giving 100% relic each rotation i would run it to death. But if it is 50% relic and 50% presure point it is waste of time.

Also RebecaDE in some devstream pointed out that alerts not giving normal rewards in endless type mission is bad. And i cant agree more.

Edited by felixsylvaris

The ONLY other suggestion I have for the issue is give a decent xp boost to those who stay in endless void with rifts. Make it worthwhile for the xp. It would be no draco, the difficulty would be MUCH higher after a short period of time.

58 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Well they can make endless missions to appear quite rare (like some rare alerts) or make player pay with void traces to start the mission

That would be bad too. The system now removed the idea that one mission type is better than another. It put the drive to play all mission types into the players hands, and now with the new fissure system, higher level void fissures have become quite fun. I'm quite positive they mean to keep it this way, and the reasoning behind wanting endless void missions back is too feeble for them to even consider it, but I don't work for them so what do I know.

Just now, JSharpie said:

The mission like defense and survival where more time demanding for the players and altough you can debate if they were more rewarding or not.
They gave several rewards because the difficulty also was continually increasing and were more time demanding like i said. About being more rewarding
Lets for exemple think were did you get the better ratio for prime parts was it on endless missions? Not in my opinion, i could do captures, and sabotages and get more prime parts per min, or 6 min i could get more rewards in these keys, i would get more credits also would also get a chance at the same mods...
For eg. if you wanted ducats, endeless weren't the more profitable to go, sabotage or caps were.
The reason people played endless was because the stupid amount of good parts there was there but thats not because it's endless it's bc the reward tables were messed up.

Just now, JSharpie said:

That would be bad too. The system now removed the idea that one mission type is better than another. It put the drive to play all mission types into the players hands, and now with the new fissure system, higher level void fissures have become quite fun. I'm quite positive they mean to keep it this way, and the reasoning behind wanting endless void missions back is too feeble for them to even consider it, but I don't work for them so what do I know.

I don't think it's really "better". Believe it or not, I never liked endless missions, but they can be fun from time to time, it's always nice to have more different missions so the game don't get boring. And look how many people liked them. DE listenes to the community and I think they will implement those missions one way or another

59 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

I don't think it's really "better". Believe it or not, I never liked endless missions, but they can be fun from time to time, it's always nice to have more different missions so the game don't get boring. And look how many people liked them. DE listenes to the community and I think they will implement those missions one way or another

But they still exist. The only good suggestion I've seen for making them endless is by @Vitodo so far. Make void traces continue to drop past 5mins, 5waves, 1exc, etc.

Edit: Just to continue my point. You can still play them endlessly and get relic drops, more affinity, more credits, more resources, more mods, etc. You just don't get another prime part for it which I'm fine with. People are sad that there are no endless missions anymore, because they still exist, they're sad because they no longer get 4 or 8 or 10 or whatever number potential prime parts anymore.

Edited by JSharpie