Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did I do wrong - sortie interception with Frost

k05h

Question

Todays third sortie is an interception mission. This time I went out with my Frost and one of the team mates complained about my playstyle although I did lots of kills and revives. His complaining was not very helpful. He just called me too stupid to play Frost. He never said what I could do better like ppl normally do when they want the situation to change. So please help me out how to be better with Frost on sortie interception.

Team consisted of two perma invisible Ivara, a Vauban and me. I put a reasonable large Chilling Globe on each interception node and replaced them every now and then. I spammed Avalance where lots of enemies spawned and killed those frozen. 

3 hours ago, Trichouette said:

No because staying on a single point to defend it is BORING when you're playing a game with a massive amount of enemies and a lot of movement maneuver and abilities.

Well then you kinda bring it upon yourself? Everyone has their own way of playing, and Frost just happens to be really boss at any mission that has an objective to defend (i.e. Mobile Defense, Defense, Interception, Sabotage)

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4
Typo

Just now, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Well then you kinda bring it upon yourself? Everyone has their own way of playing, and Frost just happens to be really boss at enemy mission that has an objective to defend (i.e. Mobile Defense, Defense, Interception, Sabotage)

Still I don't see any reason to put a snowglobe on a control point in interception.

Vauban would do a thousand time better.

I think you did ok considering its a pug, one reason they might get pissed is you disrupting their playstyle. Snow globe is a powerful defense but with interception it can be a dagger since if the enemy is in the console already then the globe will protect the enemy from outside too. As far as the ivaras your 4 can really disrupt them because one of their best weapons is sleep + finisher and if u freeze all enemies well they can't do finishers. What I do if im using frost in interception is just camp a node which is the ideal tactic with interception, 1 node 1 frame to guard it. Ill just let em know if they want snow globe just ask. Now any enemies goes in my range either they die or freeze my way. Most of the time I will see them running and running losing nodes cause they keep running around but can't complain either since its a pug. Pick a node guard it, if they need help then thats the time to intervene. 

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Still I don't see any reason to put a snowglobe on a control point in interception.

Vauban would do a thousand time better.

Because a Snowglobe is permanent until it runs out of health? There's an augment for it too that is like a 50% chance to freeze enemies solid for a few seconds, as well as it normally slowing things down? You can literally meditate in it while enemies fire at you inside? It's not just about CC at all times

8 hours ago, JetIntrepid said:

The issue here, as it always turns out to be, is the expectation of getting any sort of organized play or strategy out of a public match. If the complaining player didn't like the squad's composition, he should've left at the beginning of the match.

As far as sortie interception missions go, I do take issue with players approaching said missions with the "Draco" mentality: kill a huge barrage of high level grunts and Eximus units. It's a terrible idea and a sure way of getting into a protracted fight with lots of revives and increasing inter-player hostility (in pug matches). The best strategy is to just lock down the whole map with cc abilities. I usually use a max range/max efficiency Rhino in that particular map, and even public matches breeze along just fine.

^This^

Interception is not massmurdering node. Killing only increase enemies spawn.

There are only 1-2 important enemies per turret, those behind hacking consoles, if u cover consoles, nobody is able to kill them from distance, untill u reach that turret, biggest Tillesets in Sorties, he ´s already captured.

Tip: Place Globes on enemies spawning points to slow them, use Avalanche as CC, max Range with decent Duration, or as Panic button.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

9 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Only thing I can think of is the fact that snow globe can block shots, but even then that shouldn't really be that much of an issue. Seems to me they were mostly a "my way or the highway" type of person, and you just really can't ever please people like that. If they had the time to complain about you, they really weren't focused on the mission anyways.

This seems to be trend recently. People in pub sorties tend to get salty a lot compared to how relaxed (and fun) the old tower missions were. 

9 hours ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

I see nothing wrong with your play style. Since he/she did not provide a constructive response, just ignore him

I really hoped he would write something constructive as a follow up. I did not understand why both Ivaras went undercover all the time and honestly I did not have much time to write in the team chat. But I will look into that separately.

9 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Why not just play vauban then. At least he has the best CC in game and doesn't prevent teamates from hitting the target.

Best CC is a very bold call and worth a separate discussion. The reason I picked Frost was because I felt like picking Frost. At the end of the day Warframe is a game I play for my pleasure. Depending on my day at the office my Warframe experience would turn into Frost day, a Nova day, an Inaros day or even Ash day. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Although I with the other side on this one, I don't like frost in any interceptions, don't suit with my playstyle, cuts down on my fun.  But all I would say to you is please no globes on example a and b.  You might ask why and I'd tell you, blocks my shots, I don't like having the need to run to a position to defend it.  I like to run around have some fun, while still getting the job done.  98% of frosts, will take down their globes, and I will say thank you.  We will still finish the mission.  I do get that 1% who just don't answer or the 1% who tells me where to go, then I generally just leave.  But you come across people who just insult you.  I have been told "it's people like me who ruin the game" (for using saryn before the rework)  I got called a noob the other day because I used Limbo in a Sortie defense (I'm over 3000 hours)  A few good words that are not allowed to be said here for using a Slow Nova in a T1 mobile defense.  (He said it because T1MD were easy enough as it is.... he was also using Ash.  So it happens.  If they can't at least ask you to stop or give you a reason.  Just ignore them, enjoy the game.  That's why we play it after all

I am clearly those 98% Frost player. Recently I get the feeling people get salty no matter what their team plays at a sortie. Ppl not even try to understand other players builds. It is this "you didnt bring Nova go away" or "You did bring Nova go away" mentality. 

8 hours ago, -CKY-Ramnus said:

Putting snow globe on interception points its not very smart. Also killing enemy on iterception sometimes make it harder. Its better to leave them under cc. But this guy should say what is his point. If he just say you are bad .... you should add him to ignore and report him for harassment.

I will put up another thread about sortie interception strategy here in the forum. I havent considered stun-locking enemies as a viable option. I normally go with kill-stuff-fast (because it gives drops and more focus). 

Thanks everyone for their kind words!

12 hours ago, k0Sh_wf said:

Todays third sortie is an interception mission. This time I went out with my Frost and one of the team mates complained about my playstyle although I did lots of kills and revives. His complaining was not very helpful. He just called me too stupid to play Frost. He never said what I could do better like ppl normally do when they want the situation to change. So please help me out how to be better with Frost on sortie interception.

Team consisted of two perma invisible Ivara, a Vauban and me. I put a reasonable large Chilling Globe on each interception node and replaced them every now and then. I spammed Avalance where lots of enemies spawned and killed those frozen. 

If you truly wanted our help to know if you did anything wrong ,I wouldn't say a thing negative about your topic but you choose use player helping player section to show case the ****** you met during a PUG? Do you think you are any better than him by posting your whine using a misleading title in the section that it is use to help player with real needs?

Edited by Nijyumensou

17 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

Do you think you are any better than him by posting your whine using a misleading title in the section that it is use to help player with real needs?

Well, I am a player and wanted help from other players how to better play frost on sortie interceptions. Nothing misleading and nothing whining. I added the complete story with two Ivaras and one Vauban to give more context. 

No mattter if it is pug or not I give other players the benefit of the doubt. There some many warframes with even more setups that it is easy to miss or misunderstand some builds. 

This thread did help me a lot and I got the following information:

• for some ppl frost killing enemies may not the best choice for sortie interceptions (CC only approach)
  • for some ppl it is perfectly fine to lock down interception nodes to stop enemies from reaching the console (what I normally do)
  • some ppl explained where better put the globe (at spawn points to slow down)
  • some ppl explained they wanted to shoot enemies on interception nodes, so they dislike globes

58 minutes ago, k0Sh_wf said:

Well, I am a player and wanted help from other players how to better play frost on sortie interceptions. Nothing misleading and nothing whining. I added the complete story with two Ivaras and one Vauban to give more context. 

No mattter if it is pug or not I give other players the benefit of the doubt. There some many warframes with even more setups that it is easy to miss or misunderstand some builds. 

This thread did help me a lot and I got the following information:

• for some ppl frost killing enemies may not the best choice for sortie interceptions (CC only approach)
  • for some ppl it is perfectly fine to lock down interception nodes to stop enemies from reaching the console (what I normally do)
  • some ppl explained where better put the globe (at spawn points to slow down)
  • some ppl explained they wanted to shoot enemies on interception nodes, so they dislike globes

13 hours ago, k0Sh_wf said:

[Todays third sortie is an interception mission. This time I went out with my Frost and one of the team mates complained about my playstyle although I did lots of kills and revives. His complaining was not very helpful. He just called me too stupid to play Frost. He never said what I could do better like ppl normally do when they want the situation to change. ]So please help me out how to be better with Frost on sortie interception.

if you are truly only doubting your playstyle, is this storytelling part necessary at all?

you could have :
Todays third sortie is an interception mission. So please help me out how to be better with Frost on sortie interception because a teammate point it out how I seem to play frost in the wrong way but did not manage go in depth with the explanation.

Edited by Nijyumensou