Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point in fissures after you seal them?

Godzelda123

Question

So I really enjoy the new void fissure missions all in all, though I wish we still had that cool music, but I don't understand why the fissures keep appearing after you seal them? I have a feeling it's a big, or I'm not doing something. Because when I seal it, I keep getting fissures and enemies keep dropping reactants which I can't even pick up. 

8 answers to this question

The process/goal was changed in Hotfix 13 as described here:

Spoiler

Void Fissure Changes

We’ve been reading a lot of constructive feedback on Relics, Fissures and the like since Specters of the Rail shipped. With your suggestions and comments in place, we are continuing to tweak Void Fissures/Relics where necessary with the aim to reduce repetition issues and tie this mechanic into the lore of Warframe. The Void is an entity that corrupts, and Void Fissures are no different. 

There is no longer just one 'Void Fissure', Void Fissures can occur again and again as the Void's corrupting energy tears through the Solar System. Fissures now spawn dynamically throughout the level near groups of enemies. The Fissure will corrupt any nearby enemies immediately after spawning. This buffs the enemy, and resets their health/shields. It will also spawn a couple Orokin units along with them, some being Eximus after a certain amount of Fissures. Fissures despawn after a period of time.

The corrupted and newly spawned Orokin units have a chance to drop Reactant, which are auto pickups (no more context action). Once you collect enough, you qualify for the Void Projection reward, and one of your weapons or your Warframe will be buffed for a short period of time based on Era of Void Relic brought. You will be given a random amount of Void Trace as well after collecting enough Reactant. Fissures will continue to spawn throughout the mission.

• Void Traces cap is now Mastery Rank based (100 + 50 * MR).
  • Reactant marker now uses the Void Tear icon. The marker is only visible if players don't have enough Reactant.
  • Reactant uses a drop range (kill x amount for guaranteed drop) instead of drop chance.
  • “Endless” Void Fissure missions are now truly endless with the exception of Defense and Interception. 
  • Your Equipped Relic information will now be shown in the Squad info dropdown box (where Equipped Dragon keys appears).
  • *Traces are given when you get 10/10 Reactant (no relic needed) and rewarded at End of Mission (between a range of 6-30).

Edited by Maicael

They changed the system now. Now corrupted constantly spawn due to constant fissures and reactant is used to break your personal relic. Reactant is a drop so that if someone isn't grabbing them as fast they can keep up through the mission while still getting reactant. Also you get a buff on breaking your relic.

3 minutes ago, Godzelda123 said:

I know that, I was talking about the system after they changed it again. But once I break my relic and they keep spawning it's still dropping reactants. So like...what's the point on those things after you sealed the fissure? 

Currently none aside from other teammates who haven't finished their relic. Maybe devs will find a good use for them after some feedback.

Ok, I think there should be a point to them, or they should stop spawning. Just in general I don't see the point in having the fissures become endless after you seal them. Unless you're supposed to be able to seal multiple fissures per mission or something. 

1 minute ago, Godzelda123 said:

Ok, I think there should be a point to them, or they should stop spawning. Just in general I don't see the point in having the fissures become endless after you seal them. Unless you're supposed to be able to seal multiple fissures per mission or something. 

well in technicality we aren't sealing them any more but that's beside the point. I agree that they should be good for something even after everyone has gotten their amount.