Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RNG cat red Crit buff on WF skills

Neptlude

Question

4 answers to this question

1) The Kavat doesn't do a red crit buff, it gives a flat +60% crit chance. Red crits come from your chance above 100%. Unless AMD has a 41% base crit chance you shouldn't get red crits. Maybe there's something I don't know about AMD?

3) Before damage 2.0,  yellow and red numbers just meant "modified" damage and indicated you were getting various bonuses. You can still see this sometimes. Last time I checked block->parry->riposte finishers sometimes go yellow even if you don't crit. Check your damage number and see if it's really crit damage because with the changes to blasts not automatically hitting heads anymore I wouldn't be surprised if a little of that sneaked back in. It may simply be normal damage displaying in the wrong color.

Number two is top secret so I just left it out so I don't get banned.

Edited by VKhaun

1 minute ago, VKhaun said:

1) The Kavat doesn't do a red crit buff, it gives a flat +60% crit chance. Red crits come from your chance above 100%. Unless AMD has a 41% base crit chance you shouldn't get red crits. Maybe there's something I don't know about AMD?

3) Before damage 2.0,  yellow and red numbers indicated "modified" damage and indicated you were getting various bonuses. You can still see this sometimes. Last time I checked block->parry->riposte finishers sometimes go yellow even if you don't crit. Check your damage number and see if it's really crit damage because with the changes to blasts not automatically hitting heads anymore I wouldn't be surprised if a little of that sneaked back in. It may simply be normal damage displaying in the wrong color.

Adarza provides 60% crit chance, whereas the Smeeta has the ability "chance" that provides a variety of buffs, one being able to red crit.

47 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

3) Before damage 2.0,  yellow and red numbers just meant "modified" damage and indicated you were getting various bonuses. You can still see this sometimes. Last time I checked block->parry->riposte finishers sometimes go yellow even if you don't crit. Check your damage number and see if it's really crit damage because with the changes to blasts not automatically hitting heads anymore I wouldn't be surprised if a little of that sneaked back in. It may simply be normal damage displaying in the wrong color.

RNG cat gives 100% red crit. My Mesa's peace maker does red crits lol