Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individual extraction for all endless-type missions

PopGligor

This is a simple suggestion that I feel is very much needed to be implemented, especially for survival and excavation. Defense and interception already allow for this and I think I figured out how to do it in survival and excavation.

Except for void fissures, there can be a system where a player just goes to extraction, waits 20-30 seconds and gets extracted. That will work. It'll also alert other players in the squad to the fact that one is leaving and they'll be able to readjust accordingly. 

The problem is with the void, because of relic sharing. So here's my suggestion for that:
When someone decides its time to extract, they go to extraction. Once they reach it, a timer starts counting down, to which all players will be alerted. Something like "XPlayer is extracting" and that will be about a minute. Other players can join him in extraction, which will not reset the countdown. When the countdown ends, those who are at extraction get to normally select rewards from their relics, and those remaining get to go on uninterrupted. They will not be able to join the reward selection in the 15 seconds after the extraction countdown ends. Only players who are at extraction when the timer reaches 0 select rewards. If the player who started the timer leaves the extraction point, and someone else kept the timer ticking, that first player does not get to select a reward if he or she doesn't come back before it reaches 0. They'll have to go to extraction and wait the timer.

That way people who want to just get the void reward can do it, and those who want to farm fissures for the *amazing* affinity and valkyrs can do that as well.

Edited by QuietBiro

5 hours ago, Cbastitan said:

No, if you start as a team you end as a team

Dont join survivals or other long missions if you dont have time, and if you are just looking to clear the node do it in solo otherwise deal with the team you have.

Why is it then that interception and defense allow for individual extraction? Before with the void and derelict sure, you start as a premade party, you end as a premade party. But now the vast majority of endless missions are open to public matchmaking with derelict being the exception. Most people won't play with a premade party, they'll rely on matchmaking to match them with randoms even for void farming. 

Seems to me you're trying to impose your subjective "code", which already isn't enforced by the game. Don't be elitist, mate.

Some way to keep going would be great for survival at least. (most frames won' t be getting very far on Excavation on their own even if they can handle the enemies...)

I'm getting rather tired of being force extracted at 13minutes and then getting abuse for telling them that 15min is kinda the expected duration for survival (well, it' s 20min actually) and I've been seeing a lot of that lately so much so that I'm considering a break right now (but I might just still be pissed from the last round of "please go away").