Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing "Changes"

Alexion

The Archwing changes are quite literally making me sick. The inertia element makes sense, yes, but considering we're in the future and we can auto-mature Kubrows, we can't get Inertia compensating jets of some sort on the Archwings?
Anyways.
The controls are horrid, the orientation is atrocious and sickening. I'm not saying this to be hateful, but to be serious, I was getting motion sick .
I couldn't tell where the enemies were, where I was supposed to go, where the objective was or where my allies were, it was one giant confusing moment.

I understand that Archwing is probably the least popular implementation in the game, but why make it worse? I know there's a LOT of feedback in the forums from players to improve it.

I have a lot of faith and love for DE, and this is the ONLY feature in the game I am having a lot of disapproval for.
It was okay to begin with, but lacking variation and proper functionality... Now it's just garbage. :(

Edited by Titan303
Misclick

18 minutes ago, Titan303 said:

The controls are horrid, the orientation is atrocious and sickening. I'm not saying this to be hateful, but to be serious, I was getting motion sick .

To be blunt and trying not to just disagree, but this is your experience and opinion only.  I'm having no problems controlling Archwing now and I definitely enjoy it a heck of a lot more than it used to be.

The orientation was a little sickening at first though until I realized I can't try and play it the way I used to, trying to get the camera to follow me.  The camera is more fixed than it used to be.  You can go backwards and sideways and still see whats in front of you, it is quite refreshing from the old way.

Advice I can give to attempt at helpfulness, close your eyes, shake your head and look at it as a brand new game because if you are trying to playing it how you used to, it won't work.  Don't try and jump right into the thick of things.  Go solo and take 10 minutes just to fly around in empty space with a few landmarks to test things out.

If you've done all that and it still doesn't help then archwing isn't for you and probably never was, which is fine, not every game(mode) is enjoyed by everyone.  Endure it when you have to play it and ignore it the rest of the time.  There will never be pleasing everyone, any changes they do to make your experience better could quite easily turn it to crap for others.  There is no way of knowing.  The best DE can do is write it how they see it as being played and hope their playerbase can adjust to the new style.

it was fine before SOTR, the movement.... "overhaul", made it unplayable, so before i didnt like it because it was repetitive, grindy and unbalanced, now grindy is swapped with unplayable..... and FOV doesnt really annoy me, its the f-ing camera tilt, it should be bound to actually moving the AW itself, not looking around, it gets so confusing, even more because map is 2d, and directions are swapped when im upside down or to on my side.....

21 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

To be blunt and trying not to just disagree, but this is your experience and opinion only.  I'm having no problems controlling Archwing now and I definitely enjoy it a heck of a lot more than it used to be.

The orientation was a little sickening at first though until I realized I can't try and play it the way I used to, trying to get the camera to follow me.  The camera is more fixed than it used to be.  You can go backwards and sideways and still see whats in front of you, it is quite refreshing from the old way.

Advice I can give to attempt at helpfulness, close your eyes, shake your head and look at it as a brand new game because if you are trying to playing it how you used to, it won't work.  Don't try and jump right into the thick of things.  Go solo and take 10 minutes just to fly around in empty space with a few landmarks to test things out.

If you've done all that and it still doesn't help then archwing isn't for you and probably never was, which is fine, not every game(mode) is enjoyed by everyone.  Endure it when you have to play it and ignore it the rest of the time.  There will never be pleasing everyone, any changes they do to make your experience better could quite easily turn it to crap for others.  There is no way of knowing.  The best DE can do is write it how they see it as being played and hope their playerbase can adjust to the new style.

I understand that it's my opinion, but the inertia throws you around like there is no actual control, and I understand that it's something that's based on physics and all, but it slows down the game in a manner that doesn't feel like Warframe to me. Warframe is fast paced and high reaction based for me. I love Warframe. I LOVE IT. I can always come back to the game because it's always refreshing and fun.
This is the only part of the recent updates I haven't liked. The Archwing didn't need a movement overhaul, just some minor tweaks and some gamemodes & new features and such...

I don't know, I'm just really sour because I feel like the "Overhaul" wasn't needed and kinda fed the perspective of "Beating a dead horse" or whatever.

Believe me, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed in the quality of the controls, basically. [<-TLDR?]

12 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

it was fine before SOTR, the movement.... "overhaul", made it unplayable, so before i didnt like it because it was repetitive, grindy and unbalanced, now grindy is swapped with unplayable..... and FOV doesnt really annoy me, its the f-ing camera tilt, it should be bound to actually moving the AW itself, not looking around, it gets so confusing, even more because map is 2d, and directions are swapped when im upside down or to on my side.....

Agreed, I absolutely HATE the new orientation. It's #2 on the list of terrible implementations.