Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why doesn't the helicor give simaris rep?

RIOT

Title.

It works with the synthesis scanner, so why doesn't it give us a small amount of rep per kill?
(by small amount of rep, I mean 1/2 to 1/4 of the rep you would normally get by just scanning E.G if a scan rewarded 100 rep, than a kill with helicor would reward 50 or 25 rep)

Edited by RIOT

1 minute ago, Irorone said:

Well lore wise because Simaris is basically the Collector from marvel comics.  His trophies are no good to him dead.

u scan them with regular scanner then kill them anyway............ he got the scan before they die, same with heliocor, once they are at 0 hp (supposedly yet to die) they get their scan sent, assuming they are damaged, maybe give half the rep?

8 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

u scan them with regular scanner then kill them anyway............ he got the scan before they die, same with heliocor, once they are at 0 hp (supposedly yet to die) they get their scan sent, assuming they are damaged, maybe give half the rep?

He's talking about the important targets, the "community" one (haha nice joke, that doesn't exist anymore) and daily targets.

I believe it doesn't grant rep because it's scanning toward your codex, not toward simaris.

It would be so easy otherwise...

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

He's talking about the important targets, the "community" one (haha nice joke, that doesn't exist anymore) and daily targets.

It would be so easy otherwise...

i wasn`t, if u do scan regular mobs u still get rep, so i assume u did send him a print of their bio composition or anything like that

em, it would be harder than now, i can get my daily 20k in 2 stealth scan runs, so having to kill them would probably be harder than this..... and it has a cap anyway, no point form making it hard to get

Edited by Bizzaro21

17 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

or don't be that lazy when it comes to syndicates

I'm not! ! ! D:

Most syndicate sigils allow us to gain rep via kills, how is having helicor give a small amount of rep per kill any different?
it would still be faster to just scan targets, this would just be better for people who want an alternative to scanning and who don't enjoy having to stop, scan and kill (depending on game mode).

IMO the whole process of having to stop and scan everything to get rep is a tad tedious and doesn't fit well in a game about fast paced "ninja" combat.

I'm not asking for the same amount of rep per kill as a scan would offer, just 1/2 or 1/4 of it per kill.
DE pls :*(

Edited by RIOT

I think it is because they really, really want you to actually have to do some manual work when doing synthesis scans. They want you to be involved in the process actively, and not just passively. They can't really expect it for stuff like regular enemies since you are fighting hordes so often, so we get Helios and Heliocor for that. But for synthesis targets they consider them like special missions, and although you can scan for synthesis rep without going for an assigned target, it is designed to be a tedious process that way. 

I think the simple answer is that they are leaning towards making synthesis scanning as active a process as possible -- even if they have to force you.