Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grievous Fissure Problems

DEATHLOK

Players are bum-rushing low-level Exterminate missions, killing all regular targets before other players can collect 10 Traces, as once those regular targets are gone, fissures no longer spawn, enemies no longer convert, and so on. This would be Lith Fissure Exterminates. Don't know if higher-level missions can be wrecked this way.

EDIT: Griefers are also wrecking sabotage missions by bum-rushing the sabotage, leaving the mission inhospitable for collecting Traces. Then laughing and joking about it on chat.

The game is becoming as much fun as a broken leg.

Edited by DEATHLOK

And there goes the whole "You get choices!" pitch, right out the window. Go solo, get what you get—no choices.

If all I wanted was traces, yeah, that would work. Wouldn't even bring a Relic. But I'm not that into low-level farming just yet, although I probably should be.

I'm sure something could be done to put griefers in their place.

the problem isn't the fissures themselves, it the fact you can pug them. all games have jerkoffs playing them, and public open grouping you will find them. the reason you only started to notice is that fact, old void runs couldn't be pugged, you had to do it solo or build a team before hand. so you problem isn't with anything DE has any control over, all you can do is either build a team before hand or go solo if pugging it is so painful for ya, that your only way to not get them.

19 minutes ago, ZenroZephon said:

you problem isn't with anything DE has any control over

Who writes the code? They can fix this. Remember, we're playtesting for the Playstation market, so it's our duty to report problems.

The big problem is that Lith missions don't feature enough Fissures. They open too infrequently, probably so as not to overwhelm the new players. But that's opening the doors to all kinds of abuse.

Turn the frequency up, probably double what it is now. The maps are so barren, anyway, no one is going to get trampled on.

2 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Players are bum-rushing low-level Exterminate missions, killing all regular targets before other players can collect 10 Traces, as once those regular targets are gone, fissures no longer spawn, enemies no longer convert, and so on. This would be Lith Fissure Exterminates. Don't know if higher-level missions can be wrecked this way.

EDIT: Griefers are also wrecking sabotage missions by bum-rushing the sabotage, leaving the mission inhospitable for collecting Traces. Then laughing and joking about it on chat.

The game is becoming as much fun as a broken leg.

One of two solutions:

Get rid of Reactant. If you run a Fissure a mission with a Relic, you get a reward. As for closing the Fissure and the Corrupted Bonus...once the squad as a whole has killed, say, 25 or more Orokin enemies, this kicks in. 

Solution Two:

Shared Reactant (which should have been the case from the beginning). No more trolling. Easy.

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Solution Two:

Shared Reactant (which should have been the case from the beginning). No more trolling. Easy.

I'm still scratching my head over this one. DE are passing so much grief down to us, the players, with their reckless tendency to tweak multiple parts of a complex system.

They should have waited to see the results of one major change, this being the change in fissure gameplay, before embarking upon additional changes. They didn't wait, and now we're paying the price.

As bad as the entire fissure system is, they've clearly dug their heels in and are committed to it, whatever their reasons.

I understand they do not playtest content—we do it for them.

So, I'm just reporting that there is a grievous problem with certain Fissure missions. There are not enough fissures opening, and not enough Reactant (were they not called Traces last week? Or Shards?) to support all four players on Exterminate and Sabotage missions. All it takes is for one or two rushers to zip ahead, kill all the enemies or begin sabotage to keep fissures from opening for the other players. And there are players doing this on purpose, clearly for entertainment, judging from their behavior at the end of the match.

I cannot say if this is the case for other mission types, although I've heard it is popular to wreck Survival missions, as well. So far, I've only seen the behavior on low-level Lith tier missions, where enemy numbers were normally low, anyway.

For me, and for me alone, this has been common to the Corpus space ship tile set, Lith tier.. I don't know if the same tune plays out over other tile sets.

Enemy numbers and drop rates seem fine on the wrecked Corpus/ice planet tile set.

Edited by DEATHLOK

• 2 weeks later...

System continues being exploited and abused. Fully half the time I play a Lith era Sabotage or Exterminate, griefers will rush the map and force extraction before teammates can collect 10 Reactants. I'm being forced to abort mission after mission. I can now say this happens on any map—anywhere griefers have an opportunity to wreck the game.

I hate this system.

I suspect this behavior becomes fashionable whenever the Void Trader appears and people are struggling to quickly collect Prime parts for sale.

Edited by DEATHLOK

It'd be nice if they'd do something to address the problem where people are extracting out from under you when you're still missing reactant.  The way it works right now all it takes is two people to waste the other half of the squad's time.  Shared reactant or no reactant at all; or even make it so it takes a full squad to start the extraction timer in fissure missions if people aren't done yet.  I don't care, but it's really awful gameplay to have your rewards denied because your teammates are inconsiderate.