Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym change?

Monasster

I know this has been brought up many times but DE really should change how to unlock Sedna's boss fight. It currently requires way to much farming for (if you can find a group/solo) the points and after you fight her and you dont get what you want, back to farming the points. This is on top of a difficult (but id say interesting) boss fight(great redesign). I've read some great solutions to this. 1  to make her have 2 different modes. One requires the 100 JP and she will drop her exclusive mods while a normal run not requiring any JP (or maybe a little like 25) would drop Saryn parts and rubedo, etc. Another solution (2) would to make her require the 100 JP but after that you are free to run as much as you like. The purpose of this solution solves a few problems. One is that new players (especially solo) wont have as difficult of a time trying to acquire Saryn (one of my favorite frames). It will also make the mission more available to others so finding a party is much easier. And for many, it will make acquiring Chroma much less of a brainsplitting chore, especially after 15+ rounds of no systems. Another change they could do would be to put alerts on arena/Kela de thayme so it encourages people to go back to this place and therefore help those who need it. Anyways, I hope I see a change for how to get Saryn/her parts. 

On 1.08.2016 at 1:49 AM, Monasster said:

I know this has been brought up many times but DE really should change how to unlock Sedna's boss fight. It currently requires way to much farming for (if you can find a group/solo) the points and after you fight her and you dont get what you want, back to farming the points. This is on top of a difficult (but id say interesting) boss fight(great redesign). I've read some great solutions to this. 1  to make her have 2 different modes. One requires the 100 JP and she will drop her exclusive mods while a normal run not requiring any JP (or maybe a little like 25) would drop Saryn parts and rubedo, etc. Another solution (2) would to make her require the 100 JP but after that you are free to run as much as you like. The purpose of this solution solves a few problems. One is that new players (especially solo) wont have as difficult of a time trying to acquire Saryn (one of my favorite frames). It will also make the mission more available to others so finding a party is much easier. And for many, it will make acquiring Chroma much less of a brainsplitting chore, especially after 15+ rounds of no systems. Another change they could do would be to put alerts on arena/Kela de thayme so it encourages people to go back to this place and therefore help those who need it. Anyways, I hope I see a change for how to get Saryn/her parts. 

That's an pretty good idea. There have already been changes in the good direction since introducing Rathuum (for those that don't know/remember, Kela used to lock progress before Uranus and thus the Natah and Second Dream quest, the latter basically locking a whole progression mechanic, now she blocks nothing and her planet is basically last in it's branch), so maybe they will do something with this as well, who knows.

There is still a lot not okay with Kela. The fight design is great, but has some very weak moments that aren't difficult at all, only annoying - like the rollers in the beginning and the fact that everything basically resets once anyone gets pushed out of their circle. This can sometimes take a lot of time, I personally usually run her mission in Rhino and knockback immunity is actually one of the reasons why I pick that warframe there. Wouldn't mind if that part was changed in the nearest future.

• 1 month later...

I simply gave up trying to get saryn systems for crhima.. I also need systems for normal saryn but since i got the prime version i dont care that much.

My only hope is that they release a prime version if chroma soon so that it would be a walk in the park to get and i will forget my frustration of grinding kela over 20 times to get the systems, which to be honest should have same drop chance of other 2 parts to begin with...

The fact that primes are easier to get than normal version is just plane stupid and should be addressed... but i don't see it being done since there are like other 10 or more threads being this topic and they are all ignored...

This is my first post in 2 years of warframe but i needed to add my voice to this... It needs a change and fast i think we waited enough tbh...

Edited by (PS4)DrPheego