Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heyna Pack sortie 3 strategy?

k05h

Question

Today's sortie 3 is Heyna Pack and my team failed twice (with Bursas spawning) before I found a way to support. I am not even sure I supported correctly in the third run. I was hidden in a corner and spammed Molecular P to give my team a fighting chance. 

After watching a few videos showing Heyna Pack sortie fights I am still no wiser how to fight them properly in sortie environment. What is the strategy you would advise?

5 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

What did I do? Something that actually worked really well: Solo Mesa. Shatter Shield on, 5 seconds of Peacemaker and both Hyenas were dead.

I did exactly the same thing. Except I had Bursas on my butt 24/7 and I died 2 times due to them grabbing me.

I remember this coming up the last time they put the Hyena pack as a Sortie 3 Assassinate. 

I soloed it originally as Mirage using a Hall of Malevolence build, iirc that one was an Elemental resistance effect mission. Spira Prime crit build, aim for their heads.

This time around was possibly Physical resistance iirc, so I soloed it as Loki - although it didn't really matter which frame as the room they spawned in had Bursas and some dispel-goon (a Scrambus from memory) as well as several other mobs including shield Ospreys. A lot of them.

The basic strategy is to aggro the pack and lead them away from the group of other disposable corpus. Commonly referred to in other genres as kiting. You need to remain mobile, preferably using bullet jumps as it lowers their accuracy to hit you even further. Keep solid objects between you and the main pack of mobs as you don't want to be facing their fire constantly - walls, pillars etc.

I pre pop glass rooms and reset the alarms before engaging, incase those rooms come into play during the boss fight. The constant drain to your shields can be annoying - although some people seem to like the additional challenge.

Keep moving, as is pretty much the key to most of WF, remain mobile and shoot them as you're strafing around. Keep an eye on your surroundings, don't back yourself into corners or small closed ended rooms. Keep away from groups of other mobs.

If you're not sure you can handle it in advance, I recommend you load up on defensive mods. One of them kept closing me down and wiping my energy reserves - so Quick Thinking and Primed Flow aren't really particularly useful in that scenario. Admittedly I was lazy and didn't watch where I was going much since I know I can one shot them, but there's no shame in preparing for it properly beforehand. I also mostly Meleed them which I don't recommend - although it is doable.

I also did it with a Slowva, I was just expecting to shave off some hp of them but I pretty much ended the fight within a few seconds.

All I did was just asap into action, jumped into the air + glide to use molecular prime in the air as I moved in closer, as soon as MP was launched I pretty much just landed as quickly as possible a fully loaded AntiMatter Drop, which together with MP, deals pretty much 1M damage (without taking resistances into account).

I took the risk move because I had a Loki backing me up in case I went down, also a ranged CC stomp rhino even thought they ended up doing nothing.