Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Face rolling with Trinity, how do?

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Question

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Good evening.

Heard Trinity is a great suit to solo with. Looking for pointers on how to mod her, weapon suggestions (if any), and strategy. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

4 answers to this question

Really depends what you have available.

I always recommend people try Trin out with a balanced build first then tweak town it as necessary to suit your playstyle and personal preferences.

Start out with the basic build Stretch/Streamline/Intensify/Continuity/Constitution then add some defensive mods until you're comfortable with the frame. I used Quick Thinking and Flow (Primed mods in any case, if you have them) with the last slot usually being Abating Link or Vampire Leech. Corrosive Projection is the aura I generally use on all frames, there aren't that many useful choices there, even considering the default polarity doesn't match. I pair it with Coaction Drift but really haven't noticed it doing much.

I personally run a Naramon Shadow step focus school, Orthos Prime with Primed: Reach/Fury/PressurePoint, Berserker, BloodRush, BodyCount + Two Elements. Zenurik is the only other useful focus school for me, and given Trinity has EV making it redundant - it doesn't leave much of a choice.

I try to keep Link up whenever visible and utilise Rolls and Bullet Jumps if there are a significant number of mobs around, and Ground slam them for cc. I tend to bring an AoE crit weapon as primary and a status as secondary with one of them being capable of taking out Nullifier bubbles at distance. This is usually the Akstiletto Prime in my setup, with a 100% build based around Radiation/Viral.

Later builds usually involve swapping out lower % value mods for Corrupted variants - such as Intensify for Transient Fortitude, but for solo purposes I tend to use Blind Rage. You pick your poison in these cases, as you'll have to deal with the corresponding stat loss associated.

Edited by Arezael
Clarification of mod name

Everything below is what I recommend when first starting out on Trinity. Some of my builds will deviate heavily from this, but this should help make life easier at the start.

Modding:

Essential - Flow, Quick Thinking, Continuity, Intensify

Optional - Redirection, Vitality, Stretch, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Vampire Leech, Abating Link

Playstyle:

Keep up Link (3rd ability) always. This is your main survivability ability and will generally keep you alive in a firefight. When it looks like you or a nearby teammate is about to die use Blessing (4th ability) to instantly heal everyone within a 50m radius (unaffected by mods) and give them damage reduction. If you're playing on high level content I recommend keeping the damage reduction from Blessing active at all times to make it easier for both your teammates to survive and for you to have more time to heal them. Use Energy Vampire (2nd ability) every once in a while to keep you and your team topped off on energy (and overshields if running Vampire Link augment). Well of Life (1st ability) is generally only used if you need hard CC on a single enemy that you don't want to kill, usually something you want to scan.

Stay by your team. Blessing is arguably the strongest heal in the game, but it requires you to be within 50m of your teammates in order for them to receive the benefits of your heal. I recommend taking at least one weapon that has a high fire rate to deal with nullifier bubbles as they can completely strip your ability to tank and heal, leaving you incredibly fragile. Other than that, weapon choice is purely preference.

I hope you enjoy learning how to play Trinity effectively, she's a very powerful frame to have ready to go and easily one of my favorites.

Edited by Zachatoo
Fixed formatting

I would add Stretch as being essential; Link doesn't work if there are no enemies within range.

About Weapons: With a balanced build your EV will provide energy very slowly, but you can speed it up to instant by killing the EV target immediately after casting.  I like to bring a heavy hitter that can quickly and easily one-shot the grunts, a shotgun like (Vaykor) Hek or (Sancti) Tigris or a secondary like Lex (Prime) or (Vaykor) Marelock.  If I'm dealing with Corrupted or Corpus then the other weapon is something with a high rate of fire to pop nullifier bubbles.  And for dealing with groups I usually fall back on a high-range melee.  With Link active you can get up close and personal.

Another trick to Link is that if you have a self-damaging weapon, like Castanatas, then you can damage everything linked to you.  I've never found it to be very useful, except maybe for status effects, but it's good for a laugh.