Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta Accounts Reset - 5 Reasons Why It is Needed!

MetaMortred

It is a Co-Op game. The worst being super powerful could possible cause is helping new players by making it through missions safer and faster.

The wipe isn't actually neccesary. Stop asking them to make you grind more.

I agree with you.

AGREE on the mods wiped.

At the early stage of close beta, there are dozens of blue mods that gave overpowered stats. Now, they are no where to be found.

What i'm looking for is a wipe of mods and weapons, everyone can keep there warframes and level.

You can back right off.

First of all, the mods are being balanced, retroactively. Many "insane" mods lost power due to adjustments already, and that's good. The other thing is, they drop again. Today, I had multiple Combi Mods from rank 5 to 15, all is well. There is no "unfair advantage" and those "overpowered" mods are being reduced in effectiveness as DE goes along.

You can back right off.

First of all, the mods are being balanced, retroactively. Many "insane" mods lost power due to adjustments already, and that's good. The other thing is, they drop again. Today, I had multiple Combi Mods from rank 5 to 15, all is well. There is no "unfair advantage" and those "overpowered" mods are being reduced in effectiveness as DE goes along.

Agreed, some of my ''op'' mods have been nerfed a bit so that's good there's really no reason to wipe stuff if you can balance them out.

It is a Co-Op game. The worst being super powerful could possible cause is helping new players by making it through missions safer and faster.

The wipe isn't actually neccesary. Stop asking them to make you grind more.

What you call helping, involves them one shotting everything in the mission and running ahead of everyone leaving the new players in the dust with nothing to do but get bored and quit and never come back.

What you call helping, involves them one shotting everything in the mission and running ahead of everyone leaving the new players in the dust with nothing to do but get bored and quit and never come back.

Well i don't agree on that if i'm bored and my clan is busy. i always grab a lower rank warframe first of all with a low weapon set so i don't have a huge advantage over them, and how i see it personally is that if you ''help'' newer players you shouldn't act like that and i'm sure almost nobody acts like this because it gives you no rewards anyway. I'm sure there are some cocky players out there but they'll always be in games like this and in any game out there, can't help that. If you help newer players you should help them in the sense of stick with them and give them tips and have a nice chat.

Well I already see people doing that on missions anyways, regardless of level. In public groups, if you try and stop to loot a side room, at least one person in your group is running as far as they can ahead of you to kill everything before you can get there, only waiting if they run into a door that takes two people to open. If you don't think that is going to happen to new players, you are being naive.

Well I already see people doing that on missions anyways, regardless of level. In public groups, if you try and stop to loot a side room, at least one person in your group is running as far as they can ahead of you to kill everything before you can get there, only waiting if they run into a door that takes two people to open. If you don't think that is going to happen to new players, you are being naive.

That's true and always will happen, but there is teamchat and you can always ask nicely to your team if they can hold to loot. If the people are mature enough they will stop and let you loot or even loot themselves. But there always will be players that will be stomping everything no matter what you do. there's no stopping that unfortunately.

Edited by ProjectOne

As a new player I don't think a reset needs to be done because "it's not fair to new players". There are always going to be people coming and going from the game so that doesn't make any sense to me.

this. so many mmo i played where cbt to obt resetted. in 3 days of obt, there were already max level people with max gear and dominating the market. srsly? lolololo. nothing is fair in this world right? there are poor ppl, rich ppl, ppl without good internet etc. so shud we reset OUR world then? ==

Are you dense? It doesn't take very long to GET to the point of one shot killing trash mobs. New players are capable of it the moment they discover the melee charge attack with the default Skana. You have this horribly WRONG view that high level players would even CARE to join very low leveled content where they could cause new players some confusion.

Your plea for 'Spare the new player experience' doesn't hold much water. There is no reason for a fully decked out Warframe with fully decked out weapons to EVER visit a planet location low enough in level where their strength level would actually lead to a disruptive experience. The actual likliness is that all of us beta players with plenty of stuff will be playing all the high level content and still be there by the time new players are catching up. It'd be a joyous world where Pluto runs aren't that hard to find and new players never really have to get swamped against some of the stubborn boss encounters.

A ton of powerful players doing rapid runs on Lua, Callisto or against popular bosses like Hay Vek or Jackal are actually pretty good. You WANT to finish Lua or Callisto quick. It is part of the grinding process for Mats, which are shared.

And with bosses like Hay Vek and Jackal? Are you reall telling me new players will be totally heartbroken to have help that isn't as squishy as them along? We are talking Captain Overshields and the boss that suddenly seems to launch thermonuclear bombs the minute the game has so much as the smallest amount of lag.

In order for the power levels of high ranked players to disrupt new players there would have to be some negative effect. There is next to none in Warframe. All a wipe accomplishes is making all of us have to grind from square one. A lot of us love the game, few love that much grind twice. It'd be hard to get really excited about rebuilding what was lost unless we got something really cool out of all of it for our troubles.

Edited by Blatantfool

Ok you people a saying that a wipe is needed because being ahead of new players is bad or that having leveled up or higher level gear and playing with new people is a negative experience for them...

You apparently have never played an MMORPG...

Also the game is currently PvE only. It's not like the higher level guy is going to just pop into a mission and gank all the new players like the poorly built idiots in WoW open PvP servers that sit in level 20ish contested areas with their max lvl character.

I think everything should be wiped when the game moves into open beta. I believe they have said there will be an optional reset at least and I'm going to take it.

there wont be an 'open beta' you either have closed or open, not one and then the other.

EDIT: not to mention, if it got reset the replay value wouldnt be worth it... i've spent days on the game, farming getting mods. I wont be doing it again.

Edited by titanoz

there wont be an 'open beta' you either have closed or open, not one and then the other.

EDIT: not to mention, if it got reset the replay value wouldnt be worth it... i've spent days on the game, farming getting mods. I wont be doing it again.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about do you?

Ok so after I read some people posts I come to a conclusion. :)

Yes I want wipe now! For everyone that have better weapon and mods than me,

who got more warframes than me, more credits more everythink and who can kill before me, who is running ahead of me, because I want to be the one who kill first, and who is faster than others.

What I want is to play co-op online with others poor equiped people, all with poor mods and gear, playing all same basic warframes, so I can level and get everything faster than them. And It's not a problem that I will fail missions with my poor equiped team and that leveling will take more time. I love grinding, dying and repeating same level trying to kill the boss.

I even thinking about purchasing platinum so I can get everything faster than others. Oh yes!

High level players should play high level missions only and never came to low level missions so new players will have more difficulties killing bosses and their leveling and progres will be more time consuming and painfull for them.

Ok, don't take this too serious ;)

Edited by Aurores

Online games that employ a free to play market strat using micro transactions generally have both a closed and open beta. Retail Online games that are bought off the shelf or use a subscription pay to play marketing strat generally only have closed betas.

Thay can reset as much thay want aslong thay dont tuch my kills because i dont feel like farming 90k again its been quite boring most times =(

They're definitely going to reset the leaderboards. In addition, they probably won't be based off kill count in the future. The devs have said they plan on making it more interesting than that. My advice would be to play the game in the way that's most fun, not that gets the most kills.

They're definitely going to reset the leaderboards. In addition, they probably won't be based off kill count in the future. The devs have said they plan on making it more interesting than that. My advice would be to play the game in the way that's most fun, not that gets the most kills.

True. Though my acronym for Fun ends with N being for No Survivors... lol

So I tend to try and kill absolutely everything in sight. :D

F is for Fire that burns down the whole town.

U is for URANIUM...BOMBS!

Edited by Labcat

Oh yea, it goes without saying that you should leave nothing alive in a mission. I was talking about stuff like running Callisto over and over again for kills. The best way to top the leaderboards at the moment is also the most tedious way to play.

I for one am getting annoyed with the people here who act like those of us who feel a wipe is necessary are only saying so because we actively are trying to screw you over and make you grind again. Not only are they lumping all of us in one pile with a bad interpretation of our interests and what we are after, but also many of the posts are blatantly insulting and not constructive feedback.

Betas are for the progress of the game, not personal progress within the game. If that wasn't the case they would just open it up right now and let everyone in. But they don't, because they know the game needs work. However, at the point of transition from a closed environment to an open environment, two questions should be asked.

1: Is it fair to new players?

and 2. Is it fun for new players?

If anything about the game currently can in any way make either of those questions answer as No, than you need to start everyone off on the same foot. Because if those questions are not both a Yes, your retention rate of new players is going to take a hit.

And personally, with the type of game that this is, I feel they need to add trading before ever considering going to open beta. Any game with any sort of randomized loot drops, sometimes for items you don't even own, should have a trading system. With the amount of credits, materials, mods, and blueprints already out there in players hands, it doesn't take an economic genius to see that this leads to a problem with the first, and quite likely second question listed above. Because right now there is not enough credit sinks and uses for materials in the game, and so for many people they are simply stockpiling. Even when they do eventually balance the income of credits/materials versus expenditures, people are still going to have their current stockpile and throw everything out of whack. The only way around that, is to wipe the economy once the balances are in place.

So your actual motivation for punishing those who put more time in comes to light because it turns out you're one of 'those' people. If anything, you're the problem and not the people who are chugging along and playing together, because theres a very real reason to as a group keep making steady if not fast progress so the AI doesn't have a chance to mire you. Side room looting is typically not worth the time, the credit payout is minimal and you should be looking towards selling mods for income instead unless it's specifically crafting mats you're hoping for and even then lockers rarely cough those up. Small containers are semi-worth it just for the affinity drops, but thats about all thats worth looting as anything else just slows your team down and gives the AI chance to spawn more enemies and attempt to bog them down and kill them, and you, through attrition.

Side room looting is typically not worth the time, the credit payout is minimal and you should be looking towards selling mods for income instead unless it's specifically crafting mats you're hoping for and even then lockers rarely cough those up.

I would say this is incorrect.

I get almost all my Rubedo from crates and lockers, just played a few Earth/Pluto missions. I found 100 by searching them, and 21 from the couple of hundred mobs I slaughtered.

I find tonnes of mats in lockers, but then I like to clear the entire map: enemies and lockers/chests.

Whether or not someone is going to rush forward wanting to end the mission ASAP has nothing to do with them being higher level or having better gear. I had one mission where someone with no visible mod nodes on their weapons or frame and still using what looked and sounded like a Mk1 Braton, lato, and skana ran by everything trying to push the objective before everyone else while we all dealt with all the enemy swarms they activated running through all the rooms. So don't use "High level players rush missions while I try to loot side rooms" as an excuse to support wanting a full server data wipe.

I dont want my s@(% reset because of this OP guy and any of the others that want to complain about their dissatisfaction being a high level if you find it that bad re role a new toon or take the mods out so you dont feel op respec your frame and spend half the points make it a challage of your own time you zealous grinders..

Whether or not someone is going to rush forward wanting to end the mission ASAP has nothing to do with them being higher level or having better gear. I had one mission where someone with no visible mod nodes on their weapons or frame and still using what looked and sounded like a Mk1 Braton, lato, and skana ran by everything trying to push the objective before everyone else while we all dealt with all the enemy swarms they activated running through all the rooms. So don't use "High level players rush missions while I try to loot side rooms" as an excuse to support wanting a full server data wipe.

That was simply an example of people using that behavior already, even in missions where everyone is the same level. But when you add new players in to the mix with high level players knowing theres a ton of new players, unless they add some kind of auto-scaling of levels so that level 30s aren't one shotting everything on Mercury, its going to make the game less fun for new players. Whether these higher level players are intentionally griefing or mistakenly think they are helping, there will be people doing it. What fun is it to wander through an empty ship where someone else has already killed everything ahead of you?