Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus slot

Donomade

Question

I want to unlock the exilus slot on my Valkyr ,but I want to ask do I have to buy the adapter cause on my Loki Prime and Volt Prime i've unlocked it with no adapters ,so my questions is do only primes unlock it free or all frames at recommended level.

8 answers to this question

All frames need adapters to unlock their Exilus slot.

If you've unlocked it on Loki and Volt, it's because you had adapters and didn't realize it.  You get one adapter for free by completing the Natah quest, and you may have gotten another one from an event or login reward.

6 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

is there a point of using the adaptor other than just 'oh hey another mod slot'? Since there's no point reduction for using the exilus mods in the exilus slot and you can slot them normally.

Min maxing and power creep. hmmmmm a sense of progression. You're getting stronger and stronger as you progress through the game. Yes, that's the answer to your question.

Edit: Yes OP, you do have to have an Exilus Adapter in order to unlock the slot. You can purchase the built adapter in the market, build it from BP obtain from Simaris, or get adapter from alerts, sorties, other gifting sources.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

18 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

is there a point of using the adaptor other than just 'oh hey another mod slot'? Since there's no point reduction for using the exilus mods in the exilus slot and you can slot them normally.

It's a utility slot and most frames probably won't really want for lack of one. However, some builds can really benefit from it. For example, I have the slot unlocked on my Inaros so I can have Handspring equipped in addition to the rest of my build, helping to reduce one weakness in my particular play style. So, essentially, you're getting the opportunity to add an extra, specific kind of mod with the caveat the you'll likely need to forma your warframe or otherwise tweak your build to use it. Some people find the trade-off worth it, others won't.

2 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Depends, I use it for something 'useful' on the frames I've added it to, frost for example has rush so it moves faster.  It's not essential but it can be useful.

On 03/08/2016 at 1:43 AM, MarrikBroom said:

Been wondering this too... Just spent ages reading about Exilus Adaptors because I just got one from the quest and I was like oh wow cool, new mods I never seen before, and then actually it just takes mods that I can already use on any other slot? So basically this slot is useless for me or anyone that hasn't already Forma'd most of their slots and found most of the stuff in the game already. Underwhelmed I have to say.

12 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Eeeh it does give another mod slot so I'd call that worth it.

I believe when they were first implemented, Exilus slots were a solution to the fact that a lot of useful mods just couldn't be used because other "necessary" or more useful mods ate up all the available mod slots on everything, especially warframes. People were complaining the mods like Rush, Loot Detector, etc., were really useful and fit a lot of play styles, but there just wasn't enough incentive to sacrifice far better mods overall. Things like Flow, Streamline, and even Augments are so much more rewarding in general to slot in, that those mods that were otherwise useful just not useful enough were getting lost in it all. Add to that the fact that many, if not most, high rank veteran players have extra mod points on frames just going to waste after forma, it was frustrating to a lot of people.

Exilus slots were the compromise DE struck to help solve the issue. It's just an extra utility slot. It can't be used for other things than it's intended purpose because it has a limited list of what mods can go in it, and as such is totally optional to use. All while still giving an extra space to equip those otherwise ignored utility mods that were getting lost if people wanted to make use of it. It's still optional, so you have to decide for yourself if it's worth it. But I personally think in the right situations it's really useful.