Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Question

(PSN)Kirzyx

Question

I am Mastery Rank six  and people are hosting missions that say MR12+ which i can take on by myself solo, but my point is why do people ask for MR. in the first place it doesn't mean skill at all you are just leveling your guns when i see a high leveled MR person i just see that they have leveled more guns than me. I decided to tell you how can i rank up mastery rank pretty fast and does adding Forma help to rank up your mastery rank and what if you buy a weapon, max it out, and sell it and buy it again and level it up can you raise your Mr that way?

9 answers to this question

You only get Mastery for levelling something for the first time. Using Forma on something will not give you Mastery, nor will selling and re-buying anything.

Some people seem to think MR = skill, or even that MR = Time played. Neither are true. Yes, you have to have a certain amount of time played to increase your MR, but there's no direct correlation. I was MR 5 with ~600 hours played, because I found Frames and Weapons that were good that I enjoyed, and stuck with them. I decided to raise my MR recently, and I'm now at ~650 hours played, and MR 13. An 8% increase in playtime to increase my MR by 260%.

Just ignore the idiots who think MR = Skill. Usually, they aren't very good at the game themselves, and have to use artificial numbers to inflate their ego.

Edited by Drathe

3 minutes ago, (PS4)strongsabertooth said:

I am Mastery Rank six  and people are hosting missions that say MR12+ which i can take on by myself solo, but my point is why do people ask for MR. in the first place it doesn't mean skill at all you are just leveling your guns when i see a high leveled MR person i just see that they have leveled more guns than me. I decided to tell you how can i rank up mastery rank pretty fast and does adding Forma help to rank up your mastery rank and what if you buy a weapon, max it out, and sell it and buy it again and level it up can you raise your Mr that way?

Mr dont mean skill but in most of the time means more experience, more time play, more mods and better weapons. Also in ps4 we still have the void and is way more probably a higher mastery rank will survive longher on endless runs. Don't always works this way but usually does

No you can't use forma to increase MR, you only get points for the initial levelling to 30. Best thing to do is buy as many weapon blueprints as possible and get crafting. As for MR12+ etc you're correct it isn't an indicator of skill, however it is an indicator of time spent in the game. Obviously there are exceptions but generally the higher someones MR the better prepared they will be ie a larger selection of weapons and frames, and the player will be more likely to be using max level mods. The longer you spend playing the game the more you will learn about what are the best frames/weapons/mods to use in different situations and I think a lot of players like to know that their team are going to be relatively competent to complete the task at hand. I generally am not bothered about a players MR, the only time I would be is when running the raid which I don't like to do with lower than MR8 as that is the level at which I feel most players will/should be ready to deal with that level content.

Only the initial 1-30 counts. Anything after that does not.

The reason people host high MR missions (Which is stupid btw) is to make sure they don't get new players who barely know how to play the game. Or people with extremely underpowered gear. (Which is stupid as well, because I have a freind who is MR11 and has 1000 hours based on in-game stats)

incredibly easy to raise your MR to a pretty high level. Anything people normally ask for (16+) can be obtained with time and little skill. People ask for certain MRs in hopes of having a team of a certain skill level. While higher MR players are more likely to be skilled, there are better ways ensuring recruits are skillful. My method is usually asking quick and simple questions about their setup, or seeing if they have many weapons they've used a lot, as opposed using a bunch of stuff just enough to max rank it.

I don't play with people that request a certain Mastery Rank for a mission. I'm MR 21 so I fulfill every single request, but I don't want to play with people that think they're better simply because they've "mastered" more equipment than others. Just keep playing the game and you'll find opportunities to join the missions you want to join.