Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reporting Player

ScottyBoyWF

Question

Hi, I recently met a player who I suspected for hacking/using third-party program. I saw him gone literally invisible, only his name tag is displayed on my screen, take no damage at all, checked menu screen and his name was still there in the squad. Tried to report player but there was no option for hacking or anything related.... Where should I report this? Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, ScottyBoyWF said:

You did not even mention your question on the previous post. " think twice before reporting a player as it may fire back to you " If that was your question then sorry, my English is not good enough. He wasn't invisible at first, that is why I can describe him. And I have been playing this game for a year, so I can at least tell if a player behaviour is quetionable. And "And one more thing, what will you gain if you report him? how can u prove he was a hacker?" is just an unwise statement. As a player who support and enjoy the game, If I saw a person who may have the potential to ruin the game, I will report.

"Think twice before reporting a player as it may backfire", this isn't a question.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

True, I've had that experience where I've become invisible and not able to move so I had to relaunch the game.

Not he was not only able to move to extractions when we were done, but also fail to mention what is wrong with the situation and chatted with me normally like nothing happen.

Okay - first off it's very possible for a Warframe with invisibility powers to become completely invisible, save for their nametag.  Just use the darkest black available from the Smoke Colors palette as your energy color.  You can color the rest of your warframe whatever you want, even pure white - it won't matter so long as your energy color is the darkest black available.

It's also possible for him to have not been hurt when you were 'standing on top of him' - most enemies do not have punch-through, so unless you were fighting Hyekka Masters, Scorches or Bombards, you were taking the hits and he wasn't.  That's normal - he was using you as cover.  Loki's a fairly small Warframe - he can hide behind others pretty easily.

Enemies do not shoot directly at invisible Warframes, unless that Warframe makes a sound, shoots them, or bumps them.  Even then, they shoot at the warframe's last known position, not directly at them.  Loki has an augment called Hushed Invisibility, which removes any noise from his attacks while invisible.  A Loki with this mod on will not be shot at by most enemies unless he shoots them directly - since you said this guy wasn't shooting, he wouldn't be attacked directly and thus wouldn't take any damage.

Another reason that he might not have been taking damage is due to lag or desynch.  Both of these things are normal occurrences in online games.  When you were 'standing on top him' he may not have been where you saw him, due to desynch.  He may have been a short distance away, causing you to get shot, but he didn't.

To make a long story short, there's a lot of reasons that this guy might not have been hacking.  Without a video of the event, or seeing it for ourselves, it'd be really be difficult to say for sure.  You're welcome to go report the guy anyway - here's the form to do so.  Just be aware that unless you can provide some concrete evidence, chances are that the report will be dismissed as spurious.

Edited by Arkvold

21 hours ago, ScottyBoyWF said:

I was playing loki P myself .... Playing loki when invisible we can still kinda see his shape/ ragdoll/ body , but for this guy, there is nothing at all except his name tag 

maybe he was use smoke black color...  u  cant see it?

Well, if you set black as your energy color then you'll become completely transparent, last I checked.

At least this was the case when I was playing loki fairly recently with a friend.

Sounds like he kept up with the group, did loki stuff, and likely didn't keep people waiting at extraction.

If he took zero damage and wasn't a burden in the mission, then maybe he was likely playing loki quite well.

What you described is actually pretty normal, and nothing to be worried about, despite that it may seem a little odd if you aren't used to it.

What you might hear when someone is playing loki well: "What's our loki doing?  I haven't seen him the entire run.  Oh yeah... Riiight... loki."

I have already reported him, just to be safe, and I do know well about dark color energy glitches. As I stated above he did not become completely invisible at first and we were doing Vay Hek assassination so both of us were constantly stay Invisible (skill 2) to avoid being attacked as much as possible. And I can still see him clearly during this time, I also checked my network right after the it happened, everything was nominal. I took AOE damage right where he stand  and he rarely moved to dodge as well. In fact, he only moved twice during that time. I mean, no strafing whatsoever, just stand still.
I have to admit I forgot to record the whole thing to make things clearer, was too confused at that time, should have made it a habbit. My bad :P

Edited by ScottyBoyWF

16 minutes ago, ScottyBoyWF said:

I have already reported him, just to be safe, and I do know well about dark color energy glitches. As I stated above he did not become completely invisible at first and we were doing Vay Hek assassination so both of us were constantly stay Invisible (skill 2) to avoid being attacked as much as possible. And I can still see him clearly during this time, I also checked my network right after the it happened, everything was nominal. I took AOE damage right where he stand  and he rarely moved to dodge as well. In fact, he only moved twice during that time. I mean, no strafing whatsoever, just stand still.
I have to admit I forgot to record the whole thing to make things clearer, was too confused at that time, should have made it a habbit. My bad :P

Congrats, now u become Hero of the day, u reported somebody for gameplay while u have no idea how he played. Now, everytime i ´ll play Loki, i must be carefull how to play it, because anytime can apear some1 who will dislike my gameplay and report me, oh, thx god, this happened on PC, on PS4 most players playing their roles instead of watching another squad member playstyle.

Just now, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Congrats, now u become Hero of the day, u reported somebody for gameplay while u have no idea how he played. Now, everytime i ´ll play Loki, i must be carefull how to play it, because anytime can apear some1 who will dislike my gameplay and report me, oh, thx god, this happened on PC, on PS4 most players playing their roles instead of watching another squad member playstyle.

If you come here just to show off your sarcasm, you have done a great job. And if you spent a little more effort than looking at my profile, like trying to read the entire post, you may realize how foolish you sound. I will just simply point out 2 things for you: Fisrt, I only suspect he is cheating, in the end, the one decide whether I am right or wrong is DE themselves, not me, I only did what I thnk is right. Secondly, I believe warframe is a game which promoting teamwork, so you said we should not watch each other backs, or just simply adopts to teammates playstyle, even we have only met once, then thank god, less one selfish lad for the PC server.  Thirdly, how can you be so sure I have no idea how his play style is? did you happen to watch us play or sth? Stop act like you know it all, please...