Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tone down the Corpus a bit for solo play?

Qeveren

I mean, I enjoy smashing the bots as much as anyone, but it gets a bit over the top what with their infinitely respawning infinite waves of infinitely-accurate high-ROF aimbots with never a break between them. I get the idea, the whole "get the objective and get the hell out", but at some points it's well beyond that, where I can't run OR fight because I'm basically trying to push through a 360 degree volumetric damage field that follows me. XD

(note: this is probably 60-70% venting :)

I mean, I enjoy smashing the bots as much as anyone, but it gets a bit over the top what with their infinitely respawning infinite waves of infinitely-accurate high-ROF aimbots with never a break between them. I get the idea, the whole "get the objective and get the hell out", but at some points it's well beyond that, where I can't run OR fight because I'm basically trying to push through a 360 degree volumetric damage field that follows me. XD

It's fifty fifty with me on Corpus they aren't all that hard to me until I run into either a wall of those stompers that got the jump on me and managed to knock me over or a shield bot that I can't see because it's behind a pillar that's behind a wall of enemies lol.

I agree. Had a mission today where I ended up killing 361 of them. Even with the rifle scavenger and two rifle ammo boxes I still ended up having to use my pistol and having a hard time because of it.

It's not really the killing them that's bugging me, just the endless sea of plasma bolts and my seeming inability to find shelter from them so I can like... have shields and stuff. I like shields. Pretty, pretty shields. :)

It's probably just me sucking at the game. :)

Part of it could just be you're not equipped properly. Do you have an electricity mod equipped? because that deals extra damage to corpus.

More importantly, it stuns them so they can't shoot back.

Also, consider freeze mods - shields (which the Corpus use extensively - c.f. Moas, Shield Ospreys) take double freeze damage. Freeze also slows enemies down, making them easier to shoot.

Yea, I'm having the same problem. There's another thread about it:

https://forums.warfr...oas/#entry52862

But yea, I can't stand the shockwave attack.

just run right past them if you're trying to escape. they suck at chasing and aiming at moving targets.

You can't run past them because they're constantly knocking you to the ground, plus they chase you and once you're in a room with no way out you're screwed. Or when the game decides to spawn like 5 at once and you're stuck by the elevator.

Edited by Starbarian

More importantly, it stuns them so they can't shoot back.

Also, consider freeze mods - shields (which the Corpus use extensively - c.f. Moas, Shield Ospreys) take double freeze damage. Freeze also slows enemies down, making them easier to shoot.

I don't often see Moas getting stunned. If it happens, it's not terribly obvious amidst the chaos.

I don't often see Moas getting stunned. If it happens, it's not terribly obvious amidst the chaos.

I haven't noticed any stun animation either. Hard to be expressive when you're two legs and a cannon(Humanoids throw out their arms and boogie).

Additionally, since there isn't any noticable stun animation, it's hard to tell if they're stunned or just standing around like they sometimes do.

I haven't noticed any stun animation either. Hard to be expressive when you're two legs and a cannon(Humanoids throw out their arms and boogie).

Additionally, since there isn't any noticable stun animation, it's hard to tell if they're stunned or just standing around like they sometimes do.

A slightly comical teetering-to-the-side-on-one-foot animation would sort that out quite nicely, I think.

A lot of enemies are poorly tuned for solo play, IMO, but feel fine in groups. Shockwave moas are an obvious one, but the same goes for some of the infested ancient types and to a lesser degree some of the Grineer special types. In general, the problem here is that there are a bunch of enemy types that can stun you/knock you down, and the game does nothing to prevent them from chaining those abilities - so in solo play the odds are very good that a group of special enemies can decide to chain their special moves on you. If you're unlucky, they'll do this without any way for you to counter it (like if you get ambushed in a small room that has no cover, or if they spawn behind you).

On the bright side, some of the warframes have abilities like Decoy that let you reduce the odds of this. Still rough.

We can ask for all these enemies to be retuned, but in my opinion what is really needed is a diminishing returns system for stuns/staggers/etc on player characters. Enemies have this right now for the leaping melee attack - while it knocks enemies down, if you spam it repeatedly you will see that the knockdown has some sort of diminishing returns/lockout/cooldown on it that prevents you from keeping an enemy on the ground. Players need the same sort of immunity.

Edited by kaelan

I think that a nerf for the regular Moas would be the least they could do. Those guys shoot like there's no tomorrow and they are so precise, it's amazing. And unnerving.

Yeah, it's mostly the ambling-aimbot aspect of them that gets me. Doesn't help that I'm flustered easily. :)

But really it feels kinda un-fun. They need to either tweak the spawn rate, their aim accuracy, or their fire rate. Otherwise they might as well remove the Corpus and fill the levels with noclip volume primitives that just do constant damage to you. XD

Edited by Qeveren

Ha, I'd say buff them up a bit! Right now the only challenge I find is if I solo Corpus on pluto, and even then I'd like it a little harder.

Eep!

indeed curpus on pluto is the only thing that have a remote chance of taking you down. And thay could get a buff by about 10% or even abit more.

It all boils down to what kind of arsenal and warframe you end up runing with.

You could even prob buff corpus with 100000% if you decided to run a Volt :P

As Kaelan said, some sort of diminishing return would be nice. I've been caught a few times in a chained Shockwave MOA stun with a few other regular MOAs mixed in and that's really frustrating. That plus sometimes those little MOAs are sure difficult to see when they're clustering around and spamming you with burning lasers of death :)