Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone have a good build for Orthos Prime?

Shroomaay

Question

9 answers to this question

Bit heavy on the mods requirement, but this one's amazeballs (missing one forma though).

00DhyOB.jpg

EDIT: obviously the elementals are the culprit - they should both be 90% and depending on faction. Viral was there for some banshee experiments.

Edited by Autongnosis

17 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Bit heavy on the mods requirement, but this one's amazeballs (missing one forma though).

00DhyOB.jpg

EDIT: obviously the elementals are the culprit - they should both be 90% and depending on faction. Viral was there for some banshee experiments.

This is pretty much my exact build, except I have a Berserker mod in there instead of the second element. The overall DPS is pretty similar (and might actually decrease if your fingers aren't fast enough to keep up with Berserker), but the boost in mobility from being able to slide-attack back and forth several times a second is incredibly helpful.

The problem with going for Zerker in place of a second element is that, unless you're into a elemental resistance sortie (where i go with zerker and buzz kill in place of elementals) your damage per swing decreases drastically if you're fighting armoured targets.

Consider Corrosive and Radiation compared to standard single elements have:

• the +75% boost no single element has
  • the armour reduction

Basically if you do a sort of normalised version of the damage per second before crit modifiers, you get around 2.5k damage per instance with zerker and a single element, and 5.1k with the combo element (considering zerker as making 1.75 attacks per instance instead of one)

(FYI: decreasing armour by 75% in calcs basically results in enemies having 1/4th of their original damage mitigation, OR in multiplying by 4 your damage)

Zerker might instead go in place of body count, but i like to keep my combo up so i get that stacking crit change that makes this impressive. So that's a no for me.

EDIT: slightly overstated the effect on mitigation, you'll do 3 times damage vs level 50 CHG, 3.5 times vs lv 90 CHG, then starts to converge towards 4 around level 150. For general game purposes you could say it's 3.5x

Edited by Autongnosis

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

The problem with going for Zerker in place of a second element is that, unless you're into a elemental resistance sortie (where i go with zerker and buzz kill in place of elementals) your damage per swing decreases drastically if you're fighting armoured targets.

Consider Corrosive and Radiation compared to standard single elements have:

• the +75% boost no single element has
  • the armour reduction

Basically if you do a sort of normalised version of the damage per second before crit modifiers, you get around 2.5k damage per instance with zerker and a single element, and 5.1k with the combo element (considering zerker as making 1.75 attacks per instance instead of one)

(FYI: decreasing armour by 75% in calcs basically results in enemies having 1/4th of their original damage mitigation, OR in multiplying by 4 your damage)

Zerker might instead go in place of body count, but i like to keep my combo up so i get that stacking crit change that makes this impressive. So that's a no for me.

EDIT: slightly overstated the effect on mitigation, you'll do 3 times damage vs level 50 CHG, 3.5 times vs lv 90 CHG, then starts to converge towards 4 around level 150. For general game purposes you could say it's 3.5x

This is definitely true. Keep in mind that the element is the only thing doing ~4x more damage, though (as opposed to the entire weapon damage being simply multiplied by 4), and only to a single armor type (i.e. a Corrosive build isn't going to work very well against the less-tanky-than-gunners-but-still-tanky-nonetheless Bombards and Napalms)-- so while you'll definitely be doing more DPS if you get that nice elemental combo in, it'll only work on certain enemies and you've got a much-faster hit rate anyways.

I've tried out both builds, and I've found that I'm a lot more effective with a single element and Berserker instead of two elements and no Berserker.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

This is definitely true. Keep in mind that the element is the only thing doing ~4x more damage, though (as opposed to the entire weapon damage being simply multiplied by 4), and only to a single armor type (i.e. a Corrosive build isn't going to work very well against the less-tanky-than-gunners-but-still-tanky-nonetheless Bombards and Napalms)-- so while you'll definitely be doing more DPS if you get that nice elemental combo in, it'll only work on certain enemies and you've got a much-faster hit rate anyways.

I've tried out both builds, and I've found that I'm a lot more effective with a single element and Berserker instead of two elements and no Berserker.

That's true as well :) I prefer the other way around, both are valid though.

Also because i use Orthos on Banshee. Sonic Fracture plus slide on unarmoured enemies with Viral damage and proc, stacking on sonar... It's insane :D