Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions: Blocking And Covering And Stealth

Kepiting

blocking in war frame should be reducing much more damage taken than as it used to be

I think it would be brilliant if war frame able player to use cover more conveniently,I think

You could see a good example of cover system in premium games like mass effect 3 or gears of war 3.

Just an opinion the stealth system on war frame still not very realizable,maybe warframe could update couple things about the stealth system.thanks!

Well, when I did dodging, against 40+army of robot and crewman, it always fail me(just one area section not the whole map)on venus ,if I'm not wrong

Try harder.

No seriously.

My usual strategy is "Run full speed headfirst at enemies charging Scindo heavy attack, swing, unload shotgun, combat roll away from survivors behind a box and play ring around the rosy while reloading." Granted I main Rhino...but that's irrelevant! Flank if you're less of a man!

My teammates will have usually cleaned up the survivors, and I can always vary it up by adding more melee or more bullets.

A cover system, especially one similar to Gears of War, would be detrimental to the feel of Warframe. It's too fast paced for it. The waist high wall mechanic was boring, and the redeeming qualities in Mass Effect were the abilities and enemies that made you leave cover.

As for stealth, they're working on it!

It'll be weird to make such gameplay viable when you have me, the triple shotgun toting Rhino, on your team. I actually remember once that a teammate asked "Why wont you let me stealth kill?" My answer: "BECAUSE SHOTGUN."

Your cover in Warframe is your mobility. Dodge instead of taking cover. Or kill enemies before they even shoot you.

i agree that we shouldnt have a cover system, but half the time when im fighting bosses im taking cover, moving from cover to shoot, and back to cover again. now, if i could shoot while i sprint....

good practice in fast (also stealthy) cleaning room of mobs is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron mission 4, i believe. u play as a guy called Cliffjumper that has only way to go through by killing enemies 1 by 1, u can challenge urself and try to beat it fast

note that u must take them out and hide rly fast sometimes

i wonder if saying that to you is prohibited by forum rules aka advertising other games and such, if so, sorry and delete this post

good practice in fast (also stealthy) cleaning room of mobs is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron mission 4, i believe. u play as a guy called Cliffjumper that has only way to go through by killing enemies 1 by 1, u can challenge urself and try to beat it fast

i wonder if saying that to you is prohibited by forum rules aka advertising other games and such, if so, sorry and delete this post

Yeah,I'm sorry about advertising thing,I didn't intend to though,just can't think any possible example to describe what I think

Using games that focus on one gameplay mechanic as a reference for introducing gameplay mechanics is not advertising.

Also cover mechanics are boring. You have to make enemies hit hard to force players into cover and not only are the levels not designed that way, the AI and gunplay do not fit a cover system.

If you want cover systems go play Dark Sector and tell me how fun it is when you get the suit and you're still hiding behind walls throwing the glaive because it's the most effecient way to not die.

Using games that focus on one gameplay mechanic as a reference for introducing gameplay mechanics is not advertising.

Also cover mechanics are boring. You have to make enemies hit hard to force players into cover and not only are the levels not designed that way, the AI and gunplay do not fit a cover system.

If you want cover systems go play Dark Sector and tell me how fun it is when you get the suit and you're still hiding behind walls throwing the glaive because it's the most effecient way to not die.

in my example cover is not for hide from heavy fire, its for the stealth purpose cause if u make them alert u'll get swarmed

lol cover is nice idea , I don't understand why cover should reduce mobility ?

It's just another feature use it if you want or not. Some people shoot other melee we are not all the same.

Beside it can bring an all new way to play.It can add more dynamic than you think.

And don't talk about dodging cause it seems you clearly not have been in high levels waves, mobs have very good accuracy and can break your shield in one shot , if you dodge or runaway cryopod is dead.....

Edited by lalegionx

lol cover is nice idea , I don't understand why cover should reduce mobility ?

for example the problem i had in Binary Domain: it was like all walls and boxes were covered in glue, i couldn't run without accidentally taking cover

also was spending like minutes hiding there cause there is no other way to go through

for example the problem i had in Binary Domain: it was like all walls and boxes were covered in glue, i couldn't run without accidentally taking cover

also was spending like minutes hiding there cause there is no other way to go through

in my example cover is not for hide from heavy fire, its for the stealth purpose cause if u make them alert u'll get swarmed

Beside I'm complaining about getting swarmed(cover for stealth style ,is perfect,once I've ever play using Loki, and try to kill all enemies silent ,but it just too hard because of awkward hiding behind thing(I'm never sure if I really can't be detected or not by the enemies with no cover system)(once I was hiding behind container,the range between me and the enemy are close,but,as I reckon on that time,I wasn't visible to the enemy,but guess what I'm detected)(and without cover system I can monitor the battlefield clearly,because of awkward hiding)(that's one of my reason to put suggestions about update the stealth system on war frame)

Well,about "wall sticking glue cover".

Well,as you said binary domain cover system is bad,you can't say the same with mass effect.(well,if the cover system in war frame will be implemented,we can all just hope,the cover system will be less annoying,than the Hater's expected)

Edited by Kepiting

Cover system is a bad idea. It would take away unique feel of the Warframe of high mobility and become yet another cover shooter.

And as we seen with games that use one button for multiple actions (iam looking at you Mass Effect 3), it would not turn out well. Nor automatic cover system that would put you in cover instead of wall running and vice versa.

Also it would very much simplify the the game into "camp the corners defense" and dont move until the wave is over. No real sense of danger because enemies cant hit you behind cover, their accuracy is poor already as it is and i would not call T3 void with 50-100 enemies hard either. I can very easy imagine how boring the game would become.

cover's for weak!

That Space Marine reference. ;)

Edited by eStecko

Based on many people opinions , I can see people are really skeptical about the cover system,maybe I have the solution,how about when we want to cover, we have to press a new input key,so the unique war frame mobility will still there(not reduced), and patience people will get what they want,it almost like choosing whether we want to use blocking or not,nut the only difference ,on this version ,it's not and just simply useless

Here are the problems with cover:

-People complain the game is too easy. It will become *much* *much* easier with a cover system. In order to make the game challenging to those using cover you have to make enemies hit like a few tons of bricks, meaning that if you dont use cover you're doing a suicide rush. That kills the fast paced action of the game.

-Most cover is sticky cover. Try wall running, jumping, and slashing through hordes of enemies when all your frame wants to do is cuddle up to a box. That would ruin mobility and again kill the fast paced action of the game.

And finally: We already have a soft cover system, no need to make it into a hard cover system.

I would only accept it if it worked like Fear3. At least you had to press a button to go into cover, and it had a few combos, like mantling kicks.

Cover would ruin balance though. The enemies would have to be either too strong to charge, or too weak to threaten the immortal box cuddlers. I guess they could buff enemy grenades. It might do the trick if they did 100 spash damage to start.