Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Syn Simulor work with Nekros

(XBOX)RAG is NAROK

Question

So with Nekros Prime coming I have been working on improving my weapons for my Shadows of the Dead build. Recently I returned to working on my Synoid Simulor and I really like it but now I have two questions.

1. Do enemies killed by the Syndicate AoE effect (entropy) get added to Nekros's SoD table?

2. Do enemies who are killed by the vortex get added to the table?

Also this is a bit off topic but does Split Chamber actually work now on Syn Simulor or does the old clogged chamber glitch still happen?

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

So with Nekros Prime coming I have been working on improving my weapons for my Shadows of the Dead build. Recently I returned to working on my Synoid Simulor and I really like it but now I have two questions.

1. Do enemies killed by the Syndicate AoE effect (entropy) get added to Nekros's SoD table?

2. Do enemies who are killed by the vortex get added to the table?

Also this is a bit off topic but does Split Chamber actually work now on Syn Simulor or does the old clogged chamber glitch still happen?

1 and 2 yes but you have to have the last hit on the enemies if someone else has the last second hit before they die they will not count towards your shadows.

yes split chamber works on syn simulor but there is a catch you can not put out a lot of orbs on the field since it now shoots 2 at a time in the same place

There's one big problem with Synoid Simulor and Nekros.

It typically destroys corpses, so you can't desecrate them as easily.  Enemies killed by the blast when combining orbs or the blast when an orb detonates usually won't be disintegrated, but enemies killed by DoT and dragged into the orb will be destroyed completely.

When you use Split Chamber with the Simulor/Synoid Simulor, it will fire two orbs at once that will immediately combine as they leave the barrel.  This can cause their firing path to be a bit wonky, but in practice I barely notice since you usually wind up saturating an area with it anyway.

simulor is one of the few exceptions that doesn't work with split chamber, because of its mechanic

when you shoot with it, both bullets are launched already merged, so, you lose that potential damage, so, Heavy Caliber works better in place of this mod

4 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

There's one big problem with Synoid Simulor and Nekros.

It typically destroys corpses, so you can't desecrate them as easily.  Enemies killed by the blast when combining orbs or the blast when an orb detonates usually won't be disintegrated, but enemies killed by DoT and dragged into the orb will be destroyed completely.

When you use Split Chamber with the Simulor/Synoid Simulor, it will fire two orbs at once that will immediately combine as they leave the barrel.  This can cause their firing path to be a bit wonky, but in practice I barely notice since you usually wind up saturating an area with it anyway.

Seeing as I am personally not a big fan of desecrate (tired of people telling my that my SoD builds sucks) I am okay with that. If I change my mind I can do slice and dice with my Nikana Prime for the body parts.

So from what it sounds I should be okay using this then.

6 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

simulor is one of the few exceptions that doesn't work with split chamber, because of its mechanic

when you shoot with it, both bullets are launched already merged, so, you lose that potential damage, so, Heavy Caliber works better in place of this mod

Thing is I already run Heavy Caliber in my build. So should I just replace Split Chamber with another damage (or duel stat) mod then?

6 hours ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

Thing is I already run Heavy Caliber in my build. So should I just replace Split Chamber with another damage (or duel stat) mod then?

I suggest trying crit mods instead. Explosions don't headshot any more, but it's still good imo