Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Barrier or Arcane Aegis?

Sweaty_Pleb

Question

8 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Aegis is much better. It's more reliable and provides more overall health. Also barrier needs to go on someone with high shields, but Aegis works great on frames with low shields.

so would you say Aegis is best for chroma?

6 minutes ago, Sweaty_Pleb said:

so would you say Aegis is best for chroma?

I would pick it overall. But since I don't usually run redirection on Chroma, I would definitely use Aegis. Of course Grace is also quite good, but you said you already have that one. Also consider Avenger or some other dps arcane such as Strike, since you probably don't really need more tankiness. But if you're looking for more tankiness, go for Aegis.

Of course, there's a possible problem here. Chroma needs to take health damage to get his max buffs, but Aegis will make that difficult at medium and low levels. Just, you know, fyi.

Both shield arcanes are bad. I tried having both maxed on electric Chroma and it felt so useless. They worked fine in lower content where the enemies couldn't kill me anyway but if I went any higher, the build was worse than ice Chroma without any arcanes.

Chroma doesn't need any more survivability, it's better to increase your offense. Avenger, Fury and Strike are the strongest ones (or something like Awakening if you want to use something else than melee).

Grace is ok but I would definitely not use another survivability arcane.

It all depends on what else is on your chroma build. For instance in order for chroma to max out his armour he needs 400 shields. Some people use vigor to accomplish this. As for me I do use an arcane barrier because it clears up a mod slot to add rage, quick thinking, duration, or rage you pick, you get a free slot. On top of it clearing the mod slot when it procs it gives me the armor max out that I'm looking for.  Also run grace on chroma. The point of it here is NOT to keep your shields up but it WILL max out your armor when using vex armor/ elemental ward. That's just my personal opinion but here's a video comparing the two of them.

Edited by (XB1)LlLpete
Additional info