Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How am I supposed to dodge arson eximus' blasts?

Scylax

Question

They're slow enough so I can generally outrun them even if I'm right next to the eximus unit, but the blast radius is so large that I have to run a long distance away, and stay away while I wait for the slow blast to finally die out. Normally I just take it because a knockdown is shorter than waiting the blast out, or sometimes I'll use a short non-one-handed ability (like desecrate) to lock myself down and prevent knockdown, but is there a way we're intended to be able to dodge/block these things? Even if I hide behind cover I still get knocked down. Or is the arson exiumus blast just some weird attempt to check players that sounded good on paper but didn't work out in practice?

Edited by Scylax

8 answers to this question

Rolling is the best, most universal option.  But there are others.  

Most of the heavy weapons have "inertia", so if you're in the middle of a swing then you can't be knocked down.  This includes quick melee/slide attack, but it's a little tough to time it right.  I kind of think melee blocking might also prevent knockdown if you're pointing right at the blast, but don't quote me on that.

Some Warframes have abilities/passives that prevent knockdown as well.  The two that spring to mind are Trinity's Link, which prevents knockdown as long as at least one enemy is linked, and Atlas's passive where he can't be knocked down as long as he's standing on the ground and not in mid-air.

Rhino's Iron Skin and Nezha's Warding Halo make you immune to knockdowns so long as they have damage absorption left.  Best of all, they're permanent until negated or depleted.  Trinity's Link and Nekros's Army of Shadows with the Shield of Shadows augment will also keep you on your feet so long as they're up and at least one enemy/shadow is connected to you. Limbo using Rift Walk is immune to knockdown from enemies that aren't in the Rift with him.  Likewise, a Banished enemy can't knock down players who aren't in the Rift.  Atlas's passive, as mentioned, stops knockdown so long as he's touching the ground and Valkyr's Hysteria renders her wholly immune to knockdown for the duration.

The Fortitude (20%), Sure Footed (60%) and Power Drift (30%) mods all offer a passive chance to resist knockdown.  You'd need all three of them to reach 100% knockdown resist, however.

If you have your melee weapon equipped, blocking right before a knockdown hits will keep you on your feet.  As mentioned, you can also use rolling and the melee swings of some of the heavier weapons to dodge knockdown, if you do them just as you're hit.

There is one enemy that can bypass traditional knockdown resistance or immunity - the Isolator Bursa.  Its Tow Cable can knock you down and drag you, even through certain forms of knockdown protection.

Edited by Arkvold