Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Quanta

8BitCardinal

Question

So I was thinking of forma-ing my Quanta until I noticed something.

With Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Serration, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, and one Forma it already deals enough damage to dessimate anything in the starmap. I was wondering if it would actually be worth it to add the last 4/3 forma just to be able to fit the last 3 mods which in my case would be Combustion Beam, Cryo Rounds and Rime Rounds/Speed Trigger.

Would it actually be worth the time and effort to add the last missing formas or nah? The builds I saw were utilizing the headshot crits with its alt fire but since its nerfed I dont see the point in going for crits since it wont add consistent damage. The best things to put into those last 3 mod slots would either be elementals or utility. Im not sure if it would be worth it though

4 answers to this question

can't ever go wrong with Utility, if there's some Utility (or anything other than direct Damage really) that you want, you'll enjoy the Weapon more if you do, so it seems like something you should do.

Shred is useful, Vile Acceleration is recommended instead of Speed Trigger if you're going to use Speed Trigger anyways.

you can answer more direct Damage for yourself. though Status Mods to get the Status Types that would add some more entertainment to your usage of the Weapon can't hurt.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

can't ever go wrong with Utility, if there's some Utility (or anything other than direct Damage really) that you want, you'll enjoy the Weapon more if you do, so it seems like something you should do.

Shred is useful, Vile Acceleration is recommended instead of Speed Trigger if you're going to use Speed Trigger anyways.

you can answer more direct Damage for yourself. though Status Mods to get the Status Types that would add some more entertainment to your usage of the Weapon can't hurt.

Exactly. I use Shred and Vile on Quanta.