Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

though now i have a thought if the term Prime warframes means :

Spoiler

Prime refers to any Weapon, Warframe, Sentinel or Archwingmade with Orokin technology. The weapons and Warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs, but are not actually Orokin tech. Prime versions of items are actual pieces of Orokin technology

then the term for Umbra warframes

must refer to what technology was used to create the umbra variant 

so from this can we rationalize that the technology is from either

-sentient

-stalker

-an unknown origin( at this time )

or a yet discovered variation of orokin technology 

hmmm (*Dark thought are entering joe's mind and is corrupting him*) nope nothing 

Anyway when i go and check the china vids for umbra it say  " it's gonna be a bloodbath " and i keep linking it with the death of the orokin 

hmmm (*Dark thought are leaving joe's mind and is being cleansed*) still nothing 

Edited by (PS4)joe03827

24 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

hmmm (*Dark thought are entering joe's mind and is corrupting him*) nope nothing 

Anyway when i go and check the china vids for umbra it say  " it's gonna be a bloodbath " and i keep linking it with the death of the orokin 

hmmm (*Dark thought are leaving joe's mind and is being cleansed*) still nothing 

Orokin blood loosened by Tenno blades...

14 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

and so lotus took away the umbras to hide the fact who we are and what our past is and  stuff like that , i think this theory is pretty solid

What if Umbras haev a truly symbiotic relationship. Like the warframes mind and the tennos mind talking to eachother?

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

though now i have a thought if the term Prime warframes means :

Hide contents

Prime refers to any Weapon, Warframe, Sentinel or Archwingmade with Orokin technology. The weapons and Warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs, but are not actually Orokin tech. Prime versions of items are actual pieces of Orokin technology

then the term for Umbra warframes

must refer to what technology was used to create the umbra variant 

so from this can we rationalize that the technology is from either

-sentient

-stalker

-an unknown origin( at this time )

or a yet discovered variation of orokin technology 

Not 100% sure but I think that DE described Prime items as regulars upgraded with Orokin tech.

Maybe Umbras will be the actual Orokin warframes, meanwhile the Primes are just Orokin'd tenno warframes.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that makes sense 

The more I compare the look of Excalibur Umbra to Excalibur Prime the more It starts to make sense.

If you look at Excalibur Prime, all his golden parts are somewhat inserted in. Mostly his visor looks like it was chiped in.

Umbra on the other hand has his golden parts positioned around the warframe as decorations and it appears less crude and more elegant.

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

The more I compare the look of Excalibur Umbra to Excalibur Prime the more It starts to make sense.

If you look at Excalibur Prime, all his golden parts are somewhat inserted in. Mostly his visor looks like it was chiped in.

Umbra on the other hand has his golden parts positioned around the warframe as decorations and it appears less crude and more elegant.

so umbras being the original warframes "legitly" made by the orokin, were primes are re-engineered vanillas utilizing orokin tech 

05.01.16+-+1.gif

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so umbras being the original warframes "legitly" made by the orokin, were primes are re-engineered vanillas utilizing orokin tech 

05.01.16+-+1.gif

Yes and the quest related to Umbras will explain why we didn't have them in the first place.

47 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

Yes and the quest related to Umbras will explain why we didn't have them in the first place.

Maybe because Umbras could talk to us and could tell us about our past and maybe the Umbras could take the reigns with enough willpower like when they killed the Orokin? Maybe the Umbras are like stalker,can have different powers, can talk and are pure Orokin?

I also noticed that Umbra looks more like Excalibur than the prime. The prime seems more like an altered vanilla version. While the umbras *horns* and gold pieces match up with the energy and metal pieces on excaliburs head the back of the primes head looks nothing like either. Almost like excal is a cheap mass produced copy of umbra. I also noticed that Umbras horn is angled like excalibur while primes is....angled in a completely different direcion.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11