The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Now, with that said...So I've been wondering why console gamers are getting pooped on once more. Not trying to start anything guys so calm urselves. I don't want this thread being pounded by raging hormones and the like. Anyhow, console gamers didn't have access to the Founders Pack back in the day due to PC getting the release of Warframe first. Not really upset about that, kinda saddened by it but it's understandable. Console gamers wouldn't have the game if not for DE and the guys who forked out decent money on a game that may have botched. Cudos and thanks to DE and the Founders, I really appreciate it, and I'm certain I'm not the only one. However, there's a new pack that's been released in China that they hold exclusive rights to. Now I'm usually not one to complain but I've dished out a sizable amount of money into this game( I dare say a sizable amount more than even the highest tier in the founders pack). I do this because I get to play this amazing game for free so giving back to the devs is my way of saying thanks. Not to mention all the amazing appearance items that have come out since the games launch, loving it. Getting back on topic, I feel as though we're(console gamers) are getting the shaft by being denied the opportunity to purchase this new Prime Excalibur Umbra pack. We were excluded from the original Founders Pack, which again understandable, but now I feel as though we're being totally overlooked. I'm not saying that we(again console gamers) should have exclusives over anyone else, I'm just saying that those of us(PC and Console gamers) who have put forth the time and money shouldn't be neglected when new content emerges from the wonderful minds that make up DE.

Nobody is getting screwed out of anything. I feel as though you're one of those who have fallen victim to the false claim that Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime are different. They're not. The only thing changing is that they're dropping the name "prime" off of it for legal reasons. The Nikana Prime and the Kunai Prime are also coming to us. I assume the frame will be farmable via some quest since they've delayed it much longer than I even thought they would, and the weapons, since they're prime, will probably be scattered around in the void unless they find something else to do with them. Literally nothing from their founder pack is exclusive. I'm not sure if they're getting their own Prime accessories or not but it would be really petty to cry over the exclusivity of shiny accessories when we have plenty of our own. I suppose what I really want from China is for them to actually start posting gameplay videos of Excalibur Umbra to YouTube so we can actually get some further insight as to what's going on with his stuff over there and prepare for what he's gonna be over here.

Nobody is getting screwed out of anything. I feel as though you're one of those who have fallen victim to the false claim that Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime are different. They're not. The only thing changing is that they're dropping the name "prime" off of it for legal reasons. The Nikana Prime and the Kunai Prime are also coming to us. I assume the frame will be farmable via some quest since they've delayed it much longer than I even thought they would, and the weapons, since they're prime, will probably be scattered around in the void unless they find something else to do with them. Literally nothing from their founder pack is exclusive. I'm not sure if they're getting their own Prime accessories or not but it would be really petty to cry over the exclusivity of shiny accessories when we have plenty of our own. I suppose what I really want from China is for them to actually start posting gameplay videos of Excalibur Umbra to YouTube so we can actually get some further insight as to what's going on with his stuff over there and prepare for what he's gonna be over here.

Don't forget the "94% visually identical" by Steve; just to say that they'll be probably so close to forget about small differences, though there'll probably be some very small ones. ;) 

See, I started my topic by saying that no one should be offended by any posts within this thread. Yet there's always one guy that takes these things too seriously. Always one individual that likes to start some stuff, and d4mn3d if u didn't deliver bud. My hats off to you LordOFScrugging, you've shown everyone here who the sourpuss is in the forums.Lol, I said sourpuss.

Stop double posting, there is an "Edit" button very clearly labeled on the bottom of your posts. You're cluttering the thread.

There is Excalibur Umbra YouTube footage. The individual even goes through most of Excals abilities,if I'm not mistaken. He also shows off the Nikana Prime as well as the Prime Kunai.

I see no double post. What are you talking about?

Literally, you just did it again.

There is Excalibur Umbra YouTube footage. The individual even goes through most of Excals abilities,if I'm not mistaken. He also shows off the Nikana Prime as well as the Prime Kunai.

Like that.

Please use the "MultiQuote" and "Edit" buttons that are very clearly at the bottom of your replies. You keep cluttering the thread by replying in multiple posts instead of gathering all your replies into one.

Edited by LazerSkink

My apologies. These past few posts are the first time I've actually talked in the forum. I'll tinker with it a bit more as I continue posting. I see no edit button, btw. That could be because I'm using an iPad mini instead of my PC. Regardless, there's no need to get upset at this forum noob for small mistakes such as a double post.

My apologies. These past few posts are the first time I've actually talked in the forum. I'll tinker with it a bit more as I continue posting. I see no edit button, btw. That could be because I'm using an iPad mini instead of my PC. Regardless, there's no need to get upset at this forum noob for small mistakes such as a double post.

I think some of your thoughts will be answered if you read OP 

this mega thread is a culmination of knowledge and discussions that the threads participants have pooled together , so we can eliminate the large amount of questions and umbra threads that were appearing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573303-umbra-warframe-discussion-news/

I also keep the OP up-to-date and add new details and info as I receive it from those who participate 

You're likely using the Mobile forums. Don't, it is incredibly backwards and has absolutely no innovation. Scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the page and click the tab that says "Full Version".

Edited by LazerSkink

I think some of your thoughts will be answered if you read OP 

this mega thread is a culmination of knowledge and discussions that the threads participants have pooled together , so we can eliminate the large amount of questions and umbra threads that were appearing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/573303-umbra-warframe-discussion-news/

I also keep the OP up-to-date and add new details and info as I receive it from those who participate

you may want to change what you said in the beginning because you can't remove the scarf and there is no evidence showing that it is removed even in your video it shows no excal Umbra without a scarf

the video was provided to show you can equip other Syandana with it on as well

thus showing it to be more likely an auxiliary to umbra warframe. 

personally I like it,  but some do not seem to like it 

\

I'd like that scarf to be able to put on every frame. It looks very neat to me.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Hopefully the scar ends like "yomo prime", "yomo umbra" (or any other name could work) and gets to be equipped on any frame. If it gets to be Umbra excal exclusive, all I'd like to see is the scarf as an auxiliary attachment, so we can unequip it in case it doesn't fit our taste with certain color schemes or cosmetic setups (same for loincloth, I personally hate it)

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Hopefully the scar ends like "yomo prime", "yomo umbra" (or any other name could work) and gets to be equipped on any frame. If it gets to be Umbra excal exclusive, all I'd like to see is the scarf as an auxiliary attachment, so we can unequip it in case it doesn't fit our taste with certain color schemes or cosmetic setups (same for loincloth, I personally hate it)

wat loin cloth ? 

JK

not sure which model we will be getting honestly our umbra is a little different then the china version 

EZzSNPJ.png

EUVRkRt.png

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

looks like its removable or at least not on some of the presented images .?

I hope it is removable, but it might work in thesame way as the oberon one (not removable but also not shown on some pics)

Edit: Loincloth here too

Warframe0367.jpg

Edited by -----LegioN-----