The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Honestly, I watching how DE has avlided the umbra topic for a while and all steve has done is giving vague info about it, I doubt this week devstream gives any info on umbra, in fact I guess getting some info about it one ir two devstreams before release, and that if they don't decide simply throw him on any patch without previous clue.

Anyways any info on Umbras would be very appreciated, just to show how they're not stalling as many of us think they are

Honestly, I watching how DE has avlided the umbra topic for a while and all steve has done is giving vague info about it, I doubt this week devstream gives any info on umbra, in fact I guess getting some info about it one ir two devstreams before release, and that if they don't decide simply throw him on any patch without previous clue.

Anyways any info on Umbras would be very appreciated, just to show how they're not stalling as many of us think they are

in all fairness they did post stating

"With the release of U18 we have more time to focus on doing a proper release of Excalibur Umbra. We will definitely provide more information on the Umbra release when we're closer to launch." 

in all fairness they did post stating

"With the release of U18 we have more time to focus on doing a proper release of Excalibur Umbra. We will definitely provide more information on the Umbra release when we're closer to launch."

Didn't remember that, but on the other hand, to me that feels like a simple "stop asking, please" pill to pacify players. Anyways we can't do other than keep waiting, and hopefully we get umbra on 18.5 (not likely due to how close it might be) or early april in worst of cases.

Didn't remember that, but on the other hand, to me that feels like a simple "stop asking, please" pill to pacify players. Anyways we can't do other than keep waiting, and hopefully we get umbra on 18.5 (not likely due to how close it might be) or early april in worst of cases.

yes that may be the case, the twitter post initially gave the premise of 2 months from dec 31

so February was the likely target date.

Define "close to launch". I've kind of lost trust in Steve's statements, considering he said that the reason Umbra wasn't released last year was because they "didn't want it to get buried underneath the other content". Hopefully Umbra will have a nice, two minutes in the spotlight on Devstream 67 instead of a three second brush off like "We need a stable system, stop asking please."

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

It'd be great if the permanently defined "close to launch". I've kind of lost trust in Steve's statements, considering he said that the reason Umbra wasn't released last year was because they "didn't want it to get buried underneath the other content". Hopefully Umbra will have a nice, two minutes in the spotlight on Devstream 67 instead of a three second brush off like "We need a stable system, stop asking please."

you mean like the tyhpus hype incident ? were it was mentioned then never talked about again .....

in all honesty im ok with a "he will have his own story cinematic trailer ect and gives us teasers.

that would be fine then spilling all the fun surprises, but a clearer launch or progress on it is needed

OP update: cleaned up for ease of info access  

also added a new custom banner make it more..interesting

a110e1d1-9575-4515-b35b-d956a5aa6960_zps

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I'm of the mind that the Primes are akin to the "Royal Guard" or the public appearance of Warframes, the normal frames are akin to traditional soldiers, and the Umbra will be something akin to death squads working under the Orokin, who carry out the very dirty work which would have been extremely questionable even by the Orokin public.

Something something Morag Tong. 

no

agreed. it would not be fair, and as a true alternative frame to standard Excalibur (and founder prime)

i feel it should be a quest completion based story mode

I.E. complete second dream

but have challenges and puzzles that need to be solved 

Something something Morag Tong. 

elder scrolls fan are we ? 

you mean like the tyhpus hype incident ? were it was mentioned then never talked about again .....

in all honesty im ok with a "he will have his own story cinematic trailer ect and gives us teasers.

that would be fine then spilling all the fun surprises, but a clearer launch or progress on it is needed

OP update: cleaned up for ease of info access  

also added a new custom banner make it more..interesting

a110e1d1-9575-4515-b35b-d956a5aa6960_zps

I've never been a big fan of Typhus. But I share the utter disappointment for those who must be dying for him to be implemented into the game. Like you said; I'd be pretty happy for anything right about now, but that doesn't mean a little snippet of "He's coming SoonTM". I'm talking like a full two to three minutes of talk time in DevStream 67.

Quest? New kind of PA? Who cares, just tell us please.

Also nice banner. Gives the thread an even more official feel +10.

elder scrolls fan are we ? 

Yep :>

Stalker already has body of Excal Umbra (not whole but still), but without these "wings" on arms. I'm wondering if after Umbra update Stalker will have these "wings" or they are exclusive for Chinese Umbra. DE said our Umbra and Umbra Prime are virtually identical, so logicaly Stalker should have whole body of Umbra.

Edited by MrDar1o

Stalker already has body of Excal Umbra (not whole but still), but without these "wings" on arms. I'm wondering if after Umbra update Stalker gonna have these "wings" or they are exclusive for Chinese Umbra. DE said our Umbra and Umbra Prime are virtually identical, so logicaly Stalker should have whole body of Umbra.

People just told me Umbra and stalker aren't related in another thread.....

Crafting requirements: the umbra helm, chassis, sys each require a Drift mod as an ingredient?

jinxed it Dx

Stalker already has body of Excal Umbra (not whole but still), but without these "wings" on arms. I'm wondering if after Umbra update Stalker gonna have these "wings" or they are exclusive for Chinese Umbra. DE said our Umbra and Umbra Prime are virtually identical, so logicaly Stalker should have whole body of Umbra.

the shadow stalker has the wing arms (checks op) yep :/ 

the only thing was stalker was not gold and had helmet of well..stalker 

but other then that its very similar

I've never been a big fan of Typhus. But I share the utter disappointment for those who must be dying for him to be implemented into the game. Like you said; I'd be pretty happy for anything right about now, but that doesn't mean a little snippet of "He's coming SoonTM". I'm talking like a full two to three minutes of talk time in DevStream 67.

Quest? New kind of PA? Who cares, just tell us please.

Also nice banner. Gives the thread an even more official feel +10.

agreed a small chat would at least reduce the steam some users have built up. or perhaps pour gas to fire....

also thanks , just trying to tidy up the OP 

People just told me Umbra and stalker aren't related in another thread.....

ya i saw that P_P , weve isolated plenty of ties and similarities to know they are related, just now sure how at this point 

jinxed it Dx

the shadow stalker has the wing arms (checks op) yep :/ 

the only thing was stalker was not gold and had helmet of well..stalker 

but other then that its very similar

agreed a small chat would at least reduce the steam some users have built up. or perhaps pour gas to fire....

also thanks , just trying to tidy up the OP 

ya i saw that P_P , weve isolated plenty of ties and similarities to know they are related, just now sure how at this point

It seems like everytime I talk to them they try and pull one lie or another so they can feel right.....I...I don't understand.

It seems like everytime I talk to them they try and pull one lie or another so they can feel right.....I...I don't understand.

not sure why thread spam of umbra started up again. the mega thread was created to centralize these discussions 

also clarify the many questions routinely asked about umbra(s)

im not sure if they are misinformed or just not checking the OP ? 

weve had LONG talks on the stalker and umbra and came out with some good logic on it

SLLnEC4.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

not sure why thread spam of umbra started up again. the mega thread was created to centralize these discussions 

also clarify the many questions routinely asked about umbra(s)

im not sure if they are misinformed or just not checking the OP ? 

weve had LONG talks on the stalker and umbra and came out with some good logic on it

SLLnEC4.jpg

What you're pointing out in this thread, which sticks to facts, are visual similarities between Stalker and Umbra Excalibur, which are quite hard to be denied.

We don't know what that means, sure, but the connection between Stalker and Umbra is clear.

What is not, instead, is Umbra having Stalker powers or other frames' power, which is sign of misinformation and just wild speculation, as a moderator pointed out in another thread.

So no one here or anywhere is saying Umbra and Stalker are not connected and for sure all th good info are here.

I myself always link your thread as the main source on the matter.

The rest is just spreading false info and claiming own speculations are facts.

What you're pointing out in this thread, which sticks to facts, are visual similarities between Stalker and Umbra Excalibur, which are quite hard to be denied.

We don't know what that means, sure, but the connection between Stalker and Umbra is clear.

What is not, instead, is Umbra having Stalker powers or other frames' power, which is sign of misinformation and just wild speculation, as a moderator pointed out in another thread.

So no one here or anywhere is saying Umbra and Stalker are not connected and for sure all th good info are here.

I myself always link your thread as the main source on the matter.

The rest is just spreading false info and claiming own speculations are facts.

Stop following me....let me speculate in piece *flees to off topic*