The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

17 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

due to salt that would come to making umbras stats the same as excal prime it wont happen.

balancing will make it a side grade to excal prime more then likely 

i dont think it will hurt the community. and quite a few founders have even stated it is fair that way.

giving the community a upgrade to vanilla thats unique in its stats, while maintaining excal primes stats

keeping the two in balance but seperate

0074.gif

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

balancing will make it a side grade to excal prime more then likely 

i dont think it will hurt the community. and quite a few founders have even stated it is fair that way.

giving the community a upgrade to vanilla thats unique in its stats, while maintaining excal primes stats

keeping the two in balance but seperate

0074.gif

I want to clarify i agree with you. i am one of the few that think it would be fair to balance and have the stats the same and it be nice for others to have an equal. im just talking about the others that may put up a fight to make it not happen. one may out weigh the other in the end which would be sad.. otherwise if it happend it be nice for everyone to have a chance at a good excal.

Edited by puppycorpse

13 minutes ago, puppycorpse said:

I want to clarify i agree with you. i am one of the few that think it would be fair to balance and have the stats the same and it be nice for others to have an equal. im just talking about the others that may put up a fight to make it not happen. one may out weigh the other in the end which would be sad.. otherwise if it happend it be nice for everyone to have a chance at a good excal.

I would like to prupose that our umbra may keep his upgraded energy level like chinas umbra but not have the +25 armor of prime. I think that would be balanced well.

Soon(tm) to come is a new dev stream  #72 this friday 

umbra fans,  id suggest you make your voices known, but please be tactful and respectful, many of us are still wondering why 8 months later there is still nothing new on the subject, are the umbras forgotten or is De developing them in secret? 

TopSecretClassified.gif  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

20 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

umbra fans,  id suggest you make your voices known, but please be tactful and respectful, many of us are still wondering why 8 months later there is still nothing new on the subject, are the umbras forgotten or is De developing them in secret? 

TopSecretClassified.gif  

*sigh* Ill bring the salt.....

19 minutes ago, venon23 said:

dont get why ppl get depressed because they dont have this when the game needs way more stuff then one more frame for god sake stop QQ about umbras and w8

no ones depressed ,  just simply inquiring as to the why?

with 8+ months of waiting with zero news on development or updates on a project. it literally makes no sense when de has multiple project teams. umbra was sidelined due to the second dream initially, and never picked it up again...

the thing is Excal Umbra is already completed model, the model and setup already exists, it literally just needs implementation and lore and thats it.

so many are just wondering why it hasnt been worked on or implemented in some shape or form

my personal standpoint is we have to be patient, and  remain constructive/encouraging to de in a positive light.

and asking for stuff on april 1st is just asking for de to troll us......

but it would be nice to know whats going on

simply stating wait isnt a valid point anymore for the length of time. excal prime has existed since the begining, so technicall the general comunity has waited years to get a direct upgrade that is not excal prime.

also im on console, we wait a LOT for any new warframe updates, and knowing this we will  probably be getting umbra last ..especially xb1 ....

22 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

*sigh* Ill bring the salt.....

put that shaker down lol, we dont need snails and slugs to dissolve  

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

22 hours ago, venon23 said:

dont get why ppl get depressed because they dont have this

Non Founders do not have access to any buffed variant of Excalibur, they've been asking for a premium version of Excalibur to compensate our lack of Excalibur Prime-and the second one finally exists, it's exclusive to China; the Chinese playerbase is receiving special treatment with something they don't deserve at all (yes, this is one reason I'm mad) while the global playerbase has been loyal for years and is being screwed, DE has made no effort at all on releasing him (explicitly saying they haven't worked on him at all), are not attempting to look in the player's perspective as to why we feel so strongly about him, and constantly reassure with the same reason over and over.

Enough reason or need I go more in depth?

when the game needs way more stuff then one more frame

That is your [unrelated] opinion. If you are not interested in Excalibur Umbra, why did you click on this thread? Just to flame us?

for god sake stop QQ about umbras and w8

This was absolutely unneeded. The entire point of this thread is to discuss Umbra Warframes. We have nothing else to talk about here. And who exactly is crying?

If your only reason of presence in this thread was just to put down the people discussing it, I politely ask you not to post here. No, I'm not impersonating a moderator/admin, I have no authority over you at all. However, I definitely know from experience that posts like this begin a toxic streak of replies that expectedly forces forum staff to step in and clean up the mess made by the instigator. We can't afford anymore of this, the thread will be inevitably locked if so.

I would be a whole lot less aggressive if you were truly asking a question (as in why people are so passionate about Umbra), in which case I would let the others answer you. But the fact is you decided to end your reply with a rude remark towards the thread and its active users, thus making it indicative your post is insincere and intended to cause harm, and that is something I'm not going to ignore.

Edited by LazerSkink

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

TopSecretClassified.gif  

well, maybe they will tell us that they got nothing again but it could be a joke too :)) so just be calm and wait.

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

Non Founders do not have access to any buffed variant of Excalibur, non Founders have been asking for a premium version of Excalibur to compensate our lack of Excalibur Prime-and the second one finally exists, it's exclusive to China; the Chinese playerbase is receiving special treatment with something they don't deserve at all (yes, this is one reason I'm mad) while the global playerbase has been loyal for years, DE has made no effort at all on releasing him (explicitly saying they haven't worked on him at all), are not attempting to look in the player's perspective as to why we feel so strongly about him, and constantly reassure with the same reason over and over.

Enough reason or need I go more in depth?

That is your [unrelated] opinion. If you are not interested in Excalibur Umbra, why did you click on this thread? Just to flame us?

This was absolutely unneeded. The entire point of this thread is to discuss Umbra Warframes. We have nothing else to talk about here. And who exactly is crying?

If your only reason of presence in this thread was just to put down the people discussing it, I politely ask you not to post here. No, I'm not impersonating a moderator/admin, I have no authority over you at all. However, I definitely know from experience that posts like this begin a toxic streak of replies that inevitably forces forum staff to step in and clean up the mess made by the instigator. We can't afford anymore of this, the thread will be inevitably locked if so.

I would be a whole lot less agressive if you were truly asking a question (as in why people are so passionate about Umbra), in which case I would let the others answer you. But the fact is you decided to end your reply with a rude remark towards the thread and its active users, thus making it indicative your post is insincere and intended to cause harm, and that is something I'm not going to ignore.

Verbally rekt m8.

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

no ones depressed ,  just simply inquiring as to the why?

with 8+ months of waiting with zero news on development or updates on a project. it literally makes no sense when de has multiple project teams. umbra was sidelined due to the second dream initially, and never picked it up again...

the thing is Excal Umbra is already completed model, the model and setup already exists, it literally just needs implementation and lore and thats it.

so many are just wondering why it hasnt been worked on or implemented in some shape or form

my personal standpoint is we have to be patient, and  remain constructive/encouraging to de in a positive light.

and asking for stuff on april 1st is just asking for de to troll us......

but it would be nice to know whats going on

simply stating wait isnt a valid point anymore for the length of time. excal prime has existed since the begining, so technicall the general comunity has waited years to get a direct upgrade that is not excal prime.

also im on console, we wait a LOT for any new warframe updates, and knowing this we will  probably be getting umbra last ..especially xb1 ....

put that shaker down lol, we dont need snails and slugs to dissolve  

*holds it* but there slimy weird.... *starts waving the shaker around pointing it at people like a gun* (wait wrong thread)

Look I understand you the player, want a warframe that is being restricted from those that are not in China. But you need to think about it a little, the people at DE make and help shape the game that is Warframe. They're goal is to make a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone and of course to make money but who doesn't do that. Anyway, Umbra is a wanted frame within the community but it's kinda like the Banshee situation, It is only being held back for so long cause they want to make it more bad &#! and amazing. What, do you think that DE is holding him back just cause they want people to get angry and sad about it? They're is clearly something they have to do to make Excalibur Umbra better in someway. Whether it's figuring out the lore or making his scarf danker, you still have to wait and be patient!

For all you know they're gonna tie it in with what's happening in our orbiter (Infested POODS) Cause the Chinese Warframe Lore and the normal lore are different. So if Umbra's lore related then he would likely release at different times.So to end it, leave DE to figure it out they probably have the message by now. All your demanding of Umbra is doing, is causing Steve to have nightmares of people shouting UMBRA at him. SO LEAVE DE ALONE! kek

( ♪if I said something stupid and wrong then srry ♪)

actually the infested thing has nothing to do with umbra atm... as far as even DE is aware there is no info about umbra.

we know this.

-umbra and umbra warframes will have their own system (like focus or something completely unique)

-umbra was only released to china as a way to get more people to sign up and play it

as of right now (don't quote me on this) i am pretty sure there is little to no difference between china frame and normal warframe... i just believe that there is a slight delay between the two because of china's walled off IP that restricts outside development (hence why they had to get a local team that could stay in china to develop the game there) but all content gets sent from DE to china frame (meaning that there should be little difference between the two... china just gets a temporary exclusive item every now and then e.g. wukong.)

The issue is that Umbra has been a consistent emphasis amongst both DE and the community for months. Quite literally, the only thing that can end the back and forth is an Umbra release with a date. Even if it has to be delayed for QC, it would pretty much do away with the amount of uncertainty/unknown surrounding it.

19 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

BE PATIENT. Wait to see what DE does with Umbras.

Patience has been running thin. But it should be interesting, if they want this to be a big lore event. 

We don't exactly have much else to go by for our next big lore event besides the fact that it is coming.

Just now, XaxalShiba said:

Patience has been running thin. But it should be interesting, if they want this to be a big lore event. 

We don't exactly have much else to go by for our next big lore event besides the fact that it is coming.

It was in response to someone posting something in Fan Concepts. I guess it got moved here.