Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make MARKET Post in the Relay

Samuel_sfx

From what I have experienced playing all this time, trading and getting the part I need from trading is kinda exhausting, time consuming, and at some point annoying (meeting weird player with low temper or absurd offer). I am suggesting an idea where there is "MARKET POST" in the Relay. So people can post their stuff for sale (the stuff they have) and people can buy directly. People can choose to buy from the lowest price seller post, and seller can post whatever price they want as long as they have the goods (physically in their inventory). Of course, if people looking for cheaper price in the trading chat they can always look at it (if they have the time), but some people doesn't have that time so may prefer simplicity and can lay a bit more plat instead of wasting time staring at trading chat. So at the moment buyer press "Buy" at the MARKET Post, that time he will be faced with confirmation pop-up detailing what they wanna buy and the tax for trade they have to pay, and on the seller side, they will receive an email regarding sold item and if they want to claim the plat, they have to confirm and pay the necessary tax otherwise it will stay in their inbox until he can pay the tax. It is easier for buyer to check prices of certain item, and much benefit the seller since he can sell the stuff even while offline. 

Please take this as a consideration @[DE]Rebecca

Of course I notice the existence of warframe.market.com but tbh something in the game is much easier and again, you can't do direct purchase from warframe.market. And one other thing is....people can easily manipulate the prices there. How? It's is simple..just simply put price lower in the market while actually you don't have the goods so when people come checking at the website they see that low price as starting bid. And tell me, will you believe the price if the guy post the same low price with 3-5 id. There you go...manipulating the market price. That's one of the reason why I don't recommend people using warframe.market as their daily relate for prices, it is NOT that reliable.

Again where I get the idea of "MARKET Post" of course....from another game. Let just say the game is Rising Force Online (RF Online). In their faction base, they have this Auction Post and the mechanism is same with what I have proposed in the first paragraph. It goes the same like I said. People post (some put crazy price, some put low price) and in the end, market is steady and people know exactly the price of each certain item. Fair game.

Edited by Samuel_sfx
Change the name of Auction into MARKET

I don't care if there is or there isn't an auction but DON'T put it in the relay. Put it in Maroo's Bazaar. If the post is in a relay people will just stack there. And guess where they will go. To the lowest MR relay. And then there would be 50 different Larundas. Now imagine how a fashion contest will be going if people can't even get in the same instance of a relay? Also, how are we going to talk about the random absolutely pointless topics we have there if most people are there to just stare at the terminal? Don't know about the other regions and if people even visit relays there but from my point of view having trading posts in relays would not be fun for everyone. And again. Put it in Maroo's Bazaar.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

From the makers of, "DE Bursar's are hard, please nerf. And DE grinding is hard, please nerf." Now we are proud to present: DE, trading is hard.

You're not always going to get the best price or value unless you learn a bit of haggling or get lucky.

And there you go warframe.market fanbase. Could you at least have a better argument rather than shooting suggestion without?

10 minutes ago, Mr_bunny said:

I don't care if there is or there isn't an auction but DON'T put it in the relay. Put it in Maroo's Bazaar. If the post is in a relay people will just stack there. And guess where they will go. To the lowest MR relay. And then there would be 50 different Larundas. Now imagine how a fashion contest will be going if people can't even get in the same instance of a relay? Also, how are we going to talk about the random absolutely pointless topics we have there if most people are there to just stare at the terminal? Don't know about the other regions and if people even visit relays there but from my point of view having trading posts in relays would not be fun for everyone. And again. Put it in Maroo's Bazaar.

Well.. it doesn't matter where. I can accept that Maroo's Bazaar tho. Eventho what I meant in Relay doesn't necessarily Larunda but ALL relays.

7 minutes ago, Samuel_sfx said:

Well.. it doesn't matter where. I can accept that Maroo's Bazaar tho. Eventho what I meant in Relay doesn't necessarily Larunda but ALL relays.

Well people would always go to the lowest MR relay. It's just how it goes. But I honestly think Maroo's is better because it was made with the intention on trading.

Another Auction house thread?

At this point I'm not sure if people still really believe that Auction houses are good or they simply don't know what else to call it.

Warframe.market is not an auction house or board or whatever. It's simply a market system. Devoid of the larger amount of control vastly richer players can exert on an auction board by bidding high amounts on items and then reselling. That seems to be the main concern with auction houses and this community. And they're absolutely right. The only way, as far as I see it, to counter such things happening with an auction house system is to make a kind of binding system as well. If you buy an item it binds to you and cannot be resold or whatever.

With a market system like warframe.market it kinda works in the opposite direction; so whereas people lock each other out of buying items by bidding really high, people instead continuously undercut each other in order to get their item to sell. 

4 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

Another Auction house thread?

At this point I'm not sure if people still really believe that Auction houses are good or they simply don't know what else to call it.

Warframe.market is not an auction house or board or whatever. It's simply a market system. Devoid of the larger amount of control vastly richer players can exert on an auction board by bidding high amounts on items and then reselling. That seems to be the main concern with auction houses and this community. And they're absolutely right. The only way, as far as I see it, to counter such things happening with an auction house system is to make a kind of binding system as well. If you buy an item it binds to you and cannot be resold or whatever.

With a market system like warframe.market it kinda works in the opposite direction; so whereas people lock each other out of buying items by bidding really high, people instead continuously undercut each other in order to get their item to sell. 

Well...you can put any name if you don't like the title of "Auction Post" you can put "Market Post" or whatever.

I did explained the mechanism and you can derive the best name suitable for the system.

26 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Because they might be undersold. Boo hoo.

The lack of an auction house is inexcusable in a game with trading. Sitting in chat all day is ridiculous.

For some regular normal items yes it might goes down. Not necessarily bad tho. It will great help for newer player to avoid scam artist tbh.

For vault items? I don't think so..instead it will raise real hard IMO.

If I to put 1300 plat for Ember Prime Blueprint, I bet no one gonna lower their price just to sold the Ember Blueprint faster. The thing is anyone selling vaulted items doesn't have the urgency to get fast plat. And what will happen? The cheaper one sold (1300 plat let's say), the item get even rare (since there is no other way to gain the item) and you might even see it price raise up to 5000 plat. Who knows what will happen with the market? Nobody knows. 

9 minutes ago, Samuel_sfx said:

Well...you can put any name if you don't like the title of "Auction Post" you can put "Market Post" or whatever.

I did explained the mechanism and you can derive the best name suitable for the system.

Ah yep. A quick re-read proved it wasn't like the million other Auction house threads.

My bad. I just read the word Auction and passed it off simply because there have been too many others and it's a bad idea. 

3 minutes ago, Keybopsef said:

Ah yep. A quick re-read proved it wasn't like the million other Auction house threads.

My bad. I just read the word Auction and passed it off simply because there have been too many others and it's a bad idea. 

People keep saying it's a bad idea. 

But they won't say why...

The only flaw I always see on this type of suggestions.

1 hour ago, Samuel_sfx said:

meeting weird player with low temper or absurd offer

So multiply that by the amount of players allowed to create a "post" and you got a total mess.

Need explain? Sure.

Player A currently thinks his items are worth 1k plat, been stuck with merchandise not selling for 8 months.

Player B is currently willing to buy, but offers 500 plat since it knows you been selling same item for 3 months: gets called "low tempered/absurd".

With a system where nobody has to interact, you and 300 other players can list as high as you want, driving prices up. (see warframe market highest vs median prices for example) 

Meanwhile "unworthy" items prices continue to drop, which cannot meet high end "economy players" demand.

Seen it done on various f2p games, even have participated on it (got bored of watching good games die and knowing I had part on it).

Initially, DE would love it, those who can afford it will be buying plat like crazy, but in the end as a game developer they will lose to f2p players and small (but constant buyers) losing interested due to the amount of plat it would take to obtain items that are GREATLY overrated by only those who happen to have them.

Edited by Souldend78

5 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

The only flaw I always see on this type of suggestions.

So multiply that by the amount of players allowed to create a "post" and you got a total mess.

Need explain? Sure.

Player A currently thinks his items are worth 1k plat, been stuck with merchandise not selling for 8 months.

Player B is currently willing to buy, but offers 500 plat since it knows you been selling same item for 3 months: gets called "low tempered/absurd".

With a system where nobody has to interact, you and 300 other players can list as high as you want, driving prices up.

Meanwhile "unworthy" items prices continue to drop, which cannot meet high end "economy players" demand.

Seen it done on various f2p games, even have participated on it (got bored of watching good games die and knowing I had part on it).

Initially, DE would love it, those who can afford it will be buying plat like crazy, but in the end as a game developer they will lose to f2p players and small (but constant buyers) losing interested due to the amount of plat it would take to obtain items that are GREATLY overrated by only those who happen to have them.

Don't you think that those f2p also gain benefit if they selling those high values certain items they had? 

Remember that not only people who pay plat who got lots of plat. Those hard gaming f2p also can obtain absurd amount of plat as well.

This is like a two sided flipped coin. You need to see it from the other perspective also.

1 minute ago, Samuel_sfx said:

Don't you think that those f2p also gain benefit if they selling those high values certain items they had? 

Remember that not only people who pay plat who got lots of plat. Those hard gaming f2p also can obtain absurd amount of plat as well.

This is like a two sided flipped coin. You need to see it from the other perspective also.

Yeah, 2/3 of them have closed for good. Not sure how thats a gain.

15 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

People keep saying it's a bad idea. 

But they won't say why...

Well I did. There's always going to be richer players, right? Richer players who will be able to outbid others for items that both parties may need.

The richer party can then, once they've won the auction, resell that item for profit. 

And so it goes on and on and prices go up and up.

Just now, Keybopsef said:

Well I did. There's always going to be richer players, right? Richer players who will be able to outbid others for items that both parties may need.

The richer party can then, once they've won the auction, resell that item for profit. 

And so it goes on and on and prices go up and up.

My mistake.

What I have envisioned is more a maker post. You post something for sale, and set a price.

The first person to buy it for your price, gets it. That's how I always hoped it would work...