Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Previous Weekend Event Was Better

MyXmaN

1) We had a progression bar - now we dont have it

2) we had a cute obscured picture that became clearer - now we dont have it

3) we didnt have alerts - just go on a mission you like and kill fusion moas.

4) the reward was a mystery. Now everyone and their horse knows what the artifacts are about.

We had a feeling of participation to the cause. Now we dont.

Now its like:

1) go to an alert

2) grab an artifact

3) forget the event exists.

Well for me this one is basically the launch of the new... cards? (always forget the name). So it's basically a 100% chance of getting them after the alert, and it'll be possible to acquire them at random later. The MOA event was basically the launch of the prime weapons, the Frost prime and the entire Void areas, thus why it had a more developed "goal" feeling.

While I agree, the poin of this one is basically that, "enter alert-get card-done".

I think the artifacts are quite useless, since they don't provide any bonuses that differ much from the default stats.

Some need work, but as discussions have shown in some other threads, at least 2 of the artifacts actually have true viable uses, that makes them competitive in determining what to equip.

Some need work, but as discussions have shown in some other threads, at least 2 of the artifacts actually have true viable uses, that makes them competitive in determining what to equip.

I personally enjoy the Energy Siphon, while my friend rocks the Enemy Radar. The extra ammo ones are crap.

I think the artifacts are quite useless, since they don't provide any bonuses that differ much from the default stats.

Apparently there's going to be artifact progression so the corrosive impact or whatev could prove handy. Not to mention if infested impedance could be increased to 25% slow.

I don't like the whole Risk of putting in 30+ min, only to have someone do something STUPID near the end and lose EVERYTHING I got in the mission.

The least they could have done, was save our mods and crafting material drops every 5 waves or something.

That way, if we failed near the end I STILL got SOMETHING for my time spent.

But, nope!

If you die with a few waves left, you lose everything you got in the mission, and you wasted a colossal amount of time and effort (and sometimes revives).

And..........it is defense.

I hate defense. It is my least favorite map type.

I'd rather have survival or something instead. At least with the Fusion Moa event, we could choose whatever mission we wanted, and we'd still contribute to the effort. And we didn't have to do 30+ minute long missions that might or might not actually succeed.

I don't have a horse... :(

You forgot to emphasise that the alert system this event is depending on is quite broken, as well.

Also that the defense nature of this operation really exposes how badly scaled the endgame is, when you're forcing everyone to regularly go to wave 25+ and see how difficulty is enforced simply by giving everything ridiculously stats. And the event was really elitist, too. How the hell are new players supposed to play this?

Edited by PaperAlien

I think everyone agrees that the previous event was better in a lot of ways.

It was also kind of easy for new players to participate - Europa isnt the most high-lvl system and killing just 1 fusion moa wasnt too hard.

The rewards didnt scale to your participation (everyone got the blueprint and 100k creds), but i dont remember any complaints about it on warframe forums.

I also think that giving the reward at the end of the event was a good idea. Players were driven by curiosity. Also - nobody knew if the rewards scaled to your participation - so everyone tried their best to kill as many targets as possible.

Players with bad connection also had a chance - just go and solo a mission, you are still doing your part, killing those fmoas.

Now its kind of NIGHTMARE-level difficulty for a solo player. Well, a skilled Nyx with everything supercharged and polarized can manage 15-25 waves, but it is extremely tiring - and you are not allowed to make any mistakes at all.

To sum up, the previous one was:

"go to any corpus mission on Europa, at any time you like, in any mode you like, target fusion moas. You will be rewarded in the end!"

Now it is:

"wait for an alert to pop, go to a hard and long defense mission to get one of the three artifacts"

I really like this new idea, but it does need more work.

The previous event was too grindy, this was too easy to finish.

The issues I saw with this event is that the missions went on for too long and that there was no reason to do them after you got the 3 cards. Maybe next time the reward could be something that you might want to get more than once and they can make the missions shorter.