Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lucifer (Scythe)

Darktigr

The Lucifer would be a long gnarly-looking retractable scythe. A winding serpent pattern would run along the handle of it. Its name Lucifer deriving from the fallen angle Lucifer who is now know as Satan, he is often depicted with a scythe and I thought this might be cool to make. It's blade would be made from a dark form of Ether, used in the Ether Swords/Daggers. It would be transparent but it would be colored red instead of blue. I just thought it might be a cool weapon to have for the Phobetor Warframe idea, I'm sure it would look pretty B.A. when it is all done.

Edited by Darktigr

if they add a scythe called lucifer i want a gun called god that shoots bright white bullets that kills people in his name, just like in real life

In all honesty, that sounds so incredibly awesome... Each time you shoot a bullet or kill someone you could hear an angel whispering  the word God, if you kill really fast the voice becomes really orgasmic... That'd be nice.

Edited by Kohira

Then you need to get rid of Nyx who is named after a Greek goddess.

So true!

We have Nyx (greek night goddess), Loki (nordic trickster), Banshee (irish fairy woman) and Excalibur (King Arthur's sword), and among the weapons you have Chronus (greek Titan of time), Reaper (the personification of death), Gorgon (a group of three serpent women, including Medusa) and Manticore (a eurasian human faced dragon).

Not to mention all the planets are named after Roman dieties :P

Excalibur even sets precedent for christian mythology being known to the Tenno.

Edited by ValhaHazred

So true!

We have Nyx (greek night goddess), Loki (nordic trickster), Banshee (irish fairy woman) and Excalibur (King Arthur's sword), and among the weapons you have Chronus (greek Titan of time), Reaper (the personification of death), Gorgon (a group of three serpent women, including Medusa) and Manticore (a eurasian human faced dragon).

Not to mention all the planets are named after Roman dieties :P

Excalibur even sets precedent for christian mythology being known to the Tenno.

Seriously, using a few names that have gained religious significance shouldn't be a problem, unless it was done intentionally to offend. Maybe even put in an ice themed weapon/frame named Shiva(ice because that's the way FF games usually use Shiva). 

Lucifer? Should be a sword then as he was cast from heaven for pride, which happens to be one of the status symbols of owning a sword.

Edit: Also I don't think it's a good idea to involve any form of religion in this game. It would make no sense.

Edited by Rhorge

Lucifer? Should be a sword then as he was cast from heaven for pride, which happens to be one of the status symbols of owning a sword.

Edit: Also I don't think it's a good idea to involve any form of religion in this game. It would make no sense.

As already pointed out, religiously themed names are already in the game, Nyx is a good example. Like I said, unless they are just trying to offend people, a simple name shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by Cerebrum123

As already pointed out, religiously themed names are already in the game, Nyx is a good example. Like I said, unless they are just trying to offend people, a simple name shouldn't be a problem. 

You also forgot Gram, Loki, a quote from Lech Kril and possibly a few other religious references I missed out. Like I previously said I don't believe they belong in this game.

I want a foam stick called Muhammad.

lol, +1. Can we also get a wooden cross called Krusifix, with a jump-attack that forces every nearby enemy down on one knee, and then they all hemorrhage credits? 

You also forgot Gram, Loki, a quote from Lech Kril and possibly a few other religious references I missed out. Like I previously said I don't believe they belong in this game.

Well, I think Loki fits well considering what the frame does. The two comments above however I feel are way out of line. 

I just think it's a rather thoughtless and cliche name. The other names are mythological, not religious, references.

You do know that all of the mythological figures were parts of ancient religions, right? Some Wiccans and those who believe similar still believe in them. Although this is much more rare.

The Lucifer would be a long gnarly-looking retractable scythe. A winding serpent pattern would run along the handle of it. Its name Lucifer deriving from the fallen angle Lucifer who is now know as Satan

just wanted to correct you: he is not KNOWN as satan, satan is a latin word meaning 'enemy of god'

just wanted to correct you: he is not KNOWN as satan, satan is a latin word meaning 'enemy of god'

I wanted to mention that but I didn't want to start a religious war in some way. Thanks for taking the chance.

I thought it meant adversary. Lucifer is considered by many to be Satan though. It has to do with a description of a king in Isaiah. Some of it matches up with certain descriptions of Satan elsewhere. Lucifer itself technically means morning star, and was used as a description of the planet Venus IIRC. Anyway, you do make an interesting point.