Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got To Mastery Rank 7

austinrelis

I'm rank 4. Found the frames I like and the weapons I like. Progression to higher masteries is extremely unlikely. I view this as a flaw of the Mastery system, especially considering polarizing weapons does not continue to give mastery experience.

Why am I forced to play with equipment I do not necessarily enjoy using to "progress"? (I am aware of the small weight of the Mastery system, but there are talks of this giving more perks, and I would also like to use it as a goal to focus on, but not if it's going to make the game less fun.)

I'm rank 4. Found the frames I like and the weapons I like. Progression to higher masteries is extremely unlikely. I view this as a flaw of the Mastery system, especially considering polarizing weapons does not continue to give mastery experience.

Why am I forced to play with equipment I do not necessarily enjoy using to "progress"? (I am aware of the small weight of the Mastery system, but there are talks of this giving more perks, and I would also like to use it as a goal to focus on, but not if it's going to make the game less fun.)

Actually I'm having fun. Otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Also to me using different weapons makes sense. Using what you always have used and you learn nothing new. Using new things makes it a bit interesting learning new ways to do what you already know how to do. Kind of like a Weapons Master guy.

Actually I'm having fun. Otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Also to me using different weapons makes sense. Using what you always have used and you learn nothing new. Using new things makes it a bit interesting learning new ways to do what you already know how to do. Kind of like a Weapons Master guy.

The only thing you learn when you use a new weapon is how to use that weapon most effectively. I don't want to learn about weapons that I do not like. There are a lot of weapons that do not compliment the frames that I use and do not make sense if I want to play optimally. I do not enjoy playing sub-optimally and therefore do not use these weapons. I try all of the weapons but ultimately will only max out a few that would make sense to max out, purely because they fit my playstyle, and warframe, and they compliment my other gear.

Words right out of my mouth..

I'm currently rank 9, almost 10. All I have left are a bunch of melee weapons I don't care to ever use. I almost wish polarized levels counted at least some towards mastery. Maybe not full, but 1/4 to 1/2 would be acceptable in my opinion. That would give people who really only like a select few frames and weapons a way to hit the higher ranks.

The only thing you learn when you use a new weapon is how to use that weapon most effectively. I don't want to learn about weapons that I do not like. There are a lot of weapons that do not compliment the frames that I use and do not make sense if I want to play optimally. I do not enjoy playing sub-optimally and therefore do not use these weapons. I try all of the weapons but ultimately will only max out a few that would make sense to max out, purely because they fit my playstyle, and warframe, and they compliment my other gear.

Tenno are masters of guns, and swords. Having to max out all the guns, and swords only makes sense.

Tenno are masters of guns, and swords. Having to max out all the guns, and swords only makes sense.

I still think Mastery should apply to how attuned you are to a certain weapon group or weapon...

Just like in WoT, your mastery is based on one vehicle or class of vehicles and doesn't translate to others unless retraining happens..

Why is specialization such a frowned upon aspect? You say toe-may-toe I say toe-mah-toe..

A master of all trades, of all warframes, combat styles, etc.

I liked the Broncos, but when it was time for me to level up mastery to use the Ogris, I came across the Lex, a starting pistol for 50,000.

Fell in love ever since.

I'd honestly rather be a master with a certain set of weapons matching with certain frames, etc.

There is much more mastery in specialization than diversification - the irony of the Mastery system.

Edited by Churpy