Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Oberon was Good....

(PSN)bddacres

are you implying he is terrible? Oberon has uses still but can be very niche at times for group play, but for solo he is still one of my favorites

Lets list a few things he brings for groups that is good

his 2 removes status ailments, take that radiation proced Ash in sorties, and also it makes those venomous eximuses seem not so scary

he has a mass AOE knockdown with his 4, not only does it knock down but it can proc radiation making it really solid against grineer and infested

his 3 can be very useful in certain stiuations like a nova is getting wailed on, your 3 can keep her above the point where she starts losing energy from quick thinking because your heal is a heal over time

22 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Any frame can be good, if you yourself aren't horrible.

17 minutes ago, Drakenreiter said:

Oberon is good, I don't need to imagine anything.

How can you think that though? Oberon is easily the worst frame in the game. Hes in real need of some loving, DE just doesnt seem to care about him. Hes been "in line" for reworks for some time now, and is older than Limbo, but apparently Limbo is getting his tweaks 1st.  This is further evidenced by the mediocre passive. It only works against one faction, and on about 3 tilesets. Hes far too niche. 

17 minutes ago, Govictory said:

are you implying he is terrible? Oberon has uses still but can be very niche at times for group play, but for solo he is still one of my favorites

Lets list a few things he brings for groups that is good

his 2 removes status ailments, take that radiation proced Ash in sorties, and also it makes those venomous eximuses seem not so scary

he has a mass AOE knockdown with his 4, not only does it knock down but it can proc radiation making it really solid against grineer and infested

his 3 can be very useful in certain stiuations like a nova is getting wailed on, your 3 can keep her above the point where she starts losing energy from quick thinking because your heal is a heal over time

I dont know about solo oberon, (not sure why you would want to either) but the hallowed ground actually seems pretty useful, till your Ash or other DPS decides they want to NOT stand in one spot to avoid murdering the squad. 

He is like one of the only frames (if not THE only) that can remove debuffs, so thats pretty cool 

Edited by armedpoop

5 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

How can you think that though? Oberon is easily the worst frame in the game. Hes in real need of some loving, DE just doesnt seem to care about him. Hes been "in line" for reworks for some time now, and is older than Limbo, but apparently Limbo is getting his tweaks 1st.  This is further evidenced by the mediocre passive. It only works against one faction, and on about 3 tilesets. Hes far too niche. 

because some people actually like to be different and not clear a node with a push of a button

but clearly lot of players do not understand this and want oberon to be king of radiation damage which as a proc itself is strong alone

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

because some people actually like to be different and not clear a node with a push of a button

but clearly lot of players do not understand this and want oberon to be king of radiation damage which as a proc itself is strong alone

Tbh i just want his abilities to be less dps centered and some more little tweaks... he doesnt need massive work

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

You dont have to be bad to be different tho. Literally nobody can clear nodes with a single button press, dont know why you would say that. 

Rad procs arent that amazing either btw, if they were, youd see alot more Nyx's and Oberon's running around. 

Alright, what does he have?

A singular knockdown over a huge distance with rad proc;
+100-300% of freaking rad damage boost for any ally for 60-73 seconds depending on a build;
proc remedy with a minor armor boost;
heal over time with a chance of distanced revival or bleedout slow;
massive aoe knockdown, blind and rad proc.

Bad?

Main Oberon issues:

• Hallowed Ground buff does very little for squishies, and is not essencial for tanky. Should be pick up buff of flat 100 armour or other buff, or additional debuff upon enemies.
  • Reneval Phoenix augment is troll due to negative duration scaling. Probably reneval should be toggle ability, with ability to send healing way if we switch it on and off.
  • Reneval should behave better when reaching max health (again phoenix) Overflow health? Armour buff? Speed buff?

After that we can talk Oberon.

I personally prefer it support. For when i want to support, but not trinit.

Edited by felixsylvaris

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

+100-300% of freaking rad damage boost for any ally for 60-73 seconds depending on a build;

Bad?

Apparently that makes him "easily the worst frame in the game". *shrug*

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Bad?

A singular knockdown over a huge distance with rad proc; This isnt bad actually, but it easily outshined by Sonic boom if you think knockdowns are super useful.

+100-300% of freaking rad damage boost for any ally for 60-73 seconds depending on a build; With an augment* that all the other elementally themed frames have

proc remedy with a minor armor boost; That you have to stand in one spot in to receive, and we all know movement in warframe = Life

heal over time with a chance of distanced revival or bleedout slow; Revival comes again from an augment, that has really weird timing to use properly anyway, and requires you to build around it. The bleed out increase is nice, but never really needed. 

massive aoe knockdown, blind and rad proc. Compared to just about any other ult, this is literally trash. By the time they get back on their feet, the rad proc is just about over, and the other enemies that COULD be attacking them are blinded for longer than the rad proc lasts. Its overlapping way too much. 

Oberon rly is the worst frame in the game currently. He's supposed to be a support/DPS frame but in a group play he isn't useful at anything, even Limbo is used to banish Rescue and Defense Targets in Sorties.

There is absolutely no situation in the game where picking Oberon is more suitable than picking something else. 

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Bad?

Sprinkling gold on a turd won't help. No offense but if you look in to all his powers you will see the faulty (except smite because it is solid and has a purpose)

hallowed ground's only use is spam and status immunity, it's damage is horrid and it's armor boost was so minor it took me a whole year to notice.

Reckoning does damage YES but what happens after it falls off? It was nerfed a long with Mirage's blind

so enemies 4 meters outside of the reckoning range have to be looking in to be blinded, and only for 4 seconds, it's very situational and not really worth your time, the only use it has is the radiation procs. Sadly the orbs cannot be a plus considering if you want to kill an enemy with it you can't use a form of synergy you just have to spam. 

Renewal is okay, but it can't compete with any other healing ability in the game, it just can't, sorry to say it but it can't, maybe if it's heal was faster and turned into a channel instead of "stops when Oberon or allies are healed" it would be more useful, especially if you want to use Phoenix renewal to tank but sadly it's a hard reality 

45 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Any frame can be good, if you yourself aren't horrible.

True but deceiving. You actually have to cheese it with other underhanded methods like OP focus or tonkor. Or you must be exceptionally to extremely skilled. Im lucky enough to be skilled enough to do this but this doesnt mean Oberon shouldnt be better.

Don't get me wrong, I like Oberon, he's my favorite warframe I've been playing him for 2 years, i see his faults I really do and I wish they were improved on.

just because a slim few say he is great does not mean he is for te majority of people ... It's like limbo

hes great for me

but everyone around me hates him and cannot find uses for him , hence why he's getting reworked 

8 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Oddly enough I've been able to handle myself with no problem against enemies ranking higher than that.

My freind you are either using underhanded methods...have an extremely specific build....or are flat out lying. Im not trying to be insulting but I also refuse to lie. I can pull up multipe videos to support my claims.