Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Trails

SquireAngel

So, on my path to unlock as much lore as I possibly can, I've been grinding the last few personal targets on Simaris' personal space invaders. One thing that's been kinda irritating is the sometimes none existent path indicators to said syn targets. Usually, if you go in the 'wrong' direction, the game cuts off the trail, or at least takes a few moments before it will rework that path for you. While waiting a moment isn't anything, sometimes it just simply wont make a new trail, and you have to find where the old path left off. Even then, sometimes it simply wont make a new trail. There have even been times where a path simply wont spawn. I started a mission, something of the reason for this post, just recently, and there was one trail leading out of the spawn room. That was it. If I hadn't been constantly pulsing my scanner, the target would have passed me by, and I was constantly looking through my scanner for a path. I was solo, in my own mission as well.I realize this isn't a super big issue, but it would be nice for it to get some tweaks to be slightly more user friendly. 

And it's STILL much better than what we had before, when there were NO trails to speak of. Then they gave us a trail that didn't indicate direction -you pretty much had to get on an indicator and then scout around until you found where the next one is.

Now, we have fancy indicators with directions. Be happy for that :P

But, to answer your issue; you don't have to have it always equipped. Put a hotkey on it and just scan the doors that are most likely to be correct (usually along your objective path). If you see the trail through there, go through, pull out your guns, clear the room, move to the next likely door, rinse and repeat. Otherwise, just go on Ember, Equinox or other high-damage frame (Frost, Ash, Saryn, Atlas etc) to deal damage with powers/melee while you scan. Easy peasy.

20 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

And it's STILL much better than what we had before, when there were NO trails to speak of. Then they gave us a trail that didn't indicate direction -you pretty much had to get on an indicator and then scout around until you found where the next one is.

Now, we have fancy indicators with directions. Be happy for that :P

But, to answer your issue; you don't have to have it always equipped. Put a hotkey on it and just scan the doors that are most likely to be correct (usually along your objective path). If you see the trail through there, go through, pull out your guns, clear the room, move to the next likely door, rinse and repeat. Otherwise, just go on Ember, Equinox or other high-damage frame (Frost, Ash, Saryn, Atlas etc) to deal damage with powers/melee while you scan. Easy peasy.

Don't get me wrong, the new trail system is great and MUCH better than when we just had occasional blue flames. The problem is that sometimes the system simply doesn't work, and trying to find one predetermined spawn on an entire map is a pain in the rear without SOME indicator. I'm simply running Caps for Cephalon frags atm, with Inaros and a good melee wep. I can take dmg for days and not worry Cause arcane grace is totally not OP on him and just melee the targets in my way. The point of the post isn't to make it easier, just to make it so that the trail doesn't just not spawn or cut off halfway to the target.

If you are hunting the lore-based enemies instead of the personal target (the one we do for fusion cores), that might be a part of the issue. However, I have also experienced the trail just vanishing at times. Annoying, sometimes stops me from even completing the scan that run, but it's not a huge deal. In need of fixing, of course, I just don't find it to be a huge problem. More of an annoyance than anything else.