Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it hard to get dera vandal and is it worth it?

(XBOX)BigQuadTodd

Question

9 answers to this question

Try out regular Dera. If you like how it handles, you'll like Vandal. If you don't, you won't.

It's not a top tier meta weapon, so if that's all you're interested in, skip it.

I've heard it's quite powerful in PvP though (can't confirm since I avoid it) so that's something to consider.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

There's nothing it can do that another weapon can't do far better while being easier to acquire.

Shooting flashy stream of projectiles in a straight line.

In all seriousness - Is it hard to get? Depend on how well you're prepared for sorties.

Is it worth getting?  As a fun weapon, sure, otherwise it's not really best in most aspects.

Is it worth your time? I don't know, it's your time to waste where-ever you please.

basicly here is how you can summarize the dera vandal

it is a puncture based karak wraith

it has a neat design, sadly can't recolor it

now imo it is a fun gun to use, it is about as useful as the karak wraith is in end game which is not at all, and both are still better than the Stradivar (which really doesn't say much)

you can run with it all over the starchart just avoid doing endless missions with it

I find it to be a fun Grineer killer. Killer accuracy (pun intended), not a good late game gun (but can be done to a certain extent), and an ammo hog (no CoD type tac reloads or you are left with a fancy blue paper weight). I like it though and pumped some forma into it. I think you need about 3-4 forma for full potential though. In the end it's all down to personal preference.  I like killing Grineer so it's worth it to me.