Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris' Damage Inconsistent?

Loser_Prime

This issue has been bothering me lately. Sometimes, my Ogris - which would kill mid-level Ancients with ease, only takes away a chunk of their health instead of killing them instantly. (Both scenarios are against same-level enemies)

Anybody else experiencing this? Is there a mechanic I am not aware of?

In general, I think the explosion does not 'pierce' enemies. What this means is that when you actually hit an enemy with the rocket, their corpse tends to shield the enemies behind it from taking damage at all (and sometimes it feels like when you hit an enemy with the projectile, they don't take damage from the explosion, only the projectile). Try aiming at the ground near enemies, I find this tends to help.

The other thing is some enemies. eg. ancients (unless you manage to land the projectile on their foot or head), seem to be very resistant to the explosion damage without elemental modifiers . I'm not sure what the damage type/enemy resistances are like but I found once I put on an armour piercing mod I started doing a lot more damage to ancients (though that could just be the additional damage too)

It would be nice to know a bit more about the explosion mechanic, because the inconsistent damage annoys me too.

This is my loadout:

76dziBr.png

And I'm starting to think my problem has something to do with my aim...

Okay, thats your problem right there. The ogris works just like Thunderbolt does on the bows, where if you have more than one elemental mod equipped it only selects one to deal damage with.

Okay, thats your problem right there. The ogris works just like Thunderbolt does on the bows, where if you have more than one elemental mod equipped it only selects one to deal damage with.

Oh, so that was the culprit. I hope DE will change that in future. 

Hm excellent observation there. I have finally found the reason behind some of my Ogris problems.

been testing this and it's correct. Ignore the visuals and look at the numbers. Until this is changed you only need AP on your ogris and max 1 forma.

I have noticed inconsistent damage as well, but nothing to do with elements. The numbers I see popping up seem to range greatly in all the runs i've done of these recent defense alerts. Direct hits always seem to do mediocre damage, but half the time the splash damage from the ground manages to hit them for major damage. And I do mean half the time, because sometimes I'll see like 24 damage pop up (twice, with multishot) shooting directly at an Ancient's feet, other times it's over a hundred. Splash damage from direct hits also seems to vary, but the only real times I can notice it is against ancients who don't normally die in one hit anyway.

This issue has been bothering me lately. Sometimes, my Ogris - which would kill mid-level Ancients with ease, only takes away a chunk of their health instead of killing them instantly. (Both scenarios are against same-level enemies)

Anybody else experiencing this? Is there a mechanic I am not aware of?

I've noticed this too, even on high level defense when I'm trying to blow up a group of runners (my ogris was kind of low level at the time, and wasn't potatoed).  At first I thought maybe I wasn't hitting them in the head, but it's definitely not the case.  Sometimes, fighting the same level enemies in the same wave, my Ogris will comlpetely ohk a group of infested, and other times only a few get blown up.

I have noticed inconsistent damage as well, but nothing to do with elements. The numbers I see popping up seem to range greatly in all the runs i've done of these recent defense alerts. Direct hits always seem to do mediocre damage, but half the time the splash damage from the ground manages to hit them for major damage. And I do mean half the time, because sometimes I'll see like 24 damage pop up (twice, with multishot) shooting directly at an Ancient's feet, other times it's over a hundred. Splash damage from direct hits also seems to vary, but the only real times I can notice it is against ancients who don't normally die in one hit anyway.

I'm experiencing the same, this randomness in damage hopefully gets fixed.