Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some help with a Nekros build

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

So, with the upcoming Nekros Prime I think I have to actually take a look at the just reworked frame, which I honestly ever used only for loot purposes.

I still think that's what I'm gonna use him for, as I have better options for dealing damage, tanking or crowd control, while I don't really find any other frame capable to match his Desecrate ability; with the reworked powers tho, I can finally do other things while looting corpses and I heard that you can also make him quite tanky with his last ability and the right mods.

What I'm looking for is a build for Desecrate that allows me to get the damage reduction too from the Shadows: I don't care for damage dealt or such things; I guess some compromises would be necessary but in that case I would always privilege Desecrate efficency(actual efficency, not in game one :P ).

Can anyone tell me how to build a frame like that? My last Nekros build was a pure Desecrate without caring about anything else!

24 answers to this question

I consistently run a tankros SoTD/Health Conversion build that fuels his energy consumption through Despoil.

The basis is pretty simple, get your Shadows up and then go F*** things up. No real subtleties.

The build is:

• Aura - whatever, i use CP
  • Exilus - Power Drift
  • Blind Rage max
  • Primed Continuity
  • Primed Flow
  • Equilibrium
  • Despoil
  • Shield of Shadows
  • Vitality
  • Health Conversion

It's extremely tanky and can self-sustain even post rework with no issues whatsoever.

wwZ8YB1.jpg

My current farming Nekros build.

Maxed range to maximize Descerate. Despoil and Equilibrium so that every time you loot a health orb you get back energy. Vitality for Despoil and for survivals. Fleeting Expertise for efficiency, which also reduces despoil health drain from 10hp to 4hp per body. 

The Shield of Shadows is for damage reduction. Damage reduction also scales with power strength while the decaying health of your army is affected by duration.

Notable replacements:

Rejuvenation for preferred aura (Forma if you want)

Intensify for Transient Fortitude

Fleeting Expertise for Streamline 

Cunning Drift on Exilus Slot

I am also planning on using abit more formas, but Nekros Prime is already on its way. So far, the only thing that matters for a farming Nekros is range. The rest you can put whatever you feel like.

22 minutes ago, 4holes said:

wwZ8YB1.jpg

My current farming Nekros build.

Maxed range to maximize Descerate. Despoil and Equilibrium so that every time you loot a health orb you get back energy. Vitality for Despoil and for survivals. Fleeting Expertise for efficiency, which also reduces despoil health drain from 10hp to 4hp per body. 

The Shield of Shadows is for damage reduction. Damage reduction also scales with power strength while the decaying health of your army is affected by duration.

Notable replacements:

Rejuvenation for preferred aura (Forma if you want)

Intensify for Transient Fortitude

Fleeting Expertise for Streamline 

Cunning Drift on Exilus Slot

I am also planning on using abit more formas, but Nekros Prime is already on its way. So far, the only thing that matters for a farming Nekros is range. The rest you can put whatever you feel like.

Uhm, maybe I could put some Power Drift in the Exilus slot and use Intensify instead of Transient Fortitude? What do you think?

38 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I consistently run a tankros SoTD/Health Conversion build that fuels his energy consumption through Despoil.

The basis is pretty simple, get your Shadows up and then go F*** things up. No real subtleties.

The build is:

• Exilus - Power Drift
  • Blind Rage max
  • Primed Continuity
  • Primed Flow
  • Equilibrium
  • Despoil
  • Shield of Shadows
  • Vitality
  • Health Conversion

It's extremely tanky and can self-sustain even post rework with no issues whatsoever.

But, you keep Desecrate always up? No range mods?

9 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Uhm, maybe I could put some Power Drift in the Exilus slot and use Intensify instead of Transient Fortitude? What do you think?

It's up to you since damage reduction scales with power strength, but Transient's reduced duration means your shadows will lose hp faster. Same goes with Fleeting Expertise, you can swap it out for Streamline if you want slower hp decay.

The decaying hp of shadows is affected by power duration. Meanwhile, the shadows you spawn prioritises heavier units that you killed and aggro on the shadows has been buffed so they can also serve as temporary distractions.

Cunning Drift is there for the extra range, but overextended + stretch already gives you around 57m range for desecrate. If you feel it's too much range, then you can use another exilus mod.

Overall, it's based on preference. If you feel your build suits fine with you, then go ahead and use it.

Edited by 4holes

6 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

But, you keep Desecrate always up? No range mods?

Yep. Basically, fire off Desecrate at the start of the mission and forget it's on, then go do things. I generally have enough returns in health to completely forget about it. Also, with enough Strenght shadows tend to kill a lot (when they decide to attack) so they pile up to my kill count quite nicely.

I tend to use short range weapons or melee anyways with Nekros, and 25m is enough to me. If they ever remove the health decay i'll use Stretch in place of Primed Continuity, but as of now... yeah. Do mind this is not strictly a build for farming. Or at least, works for farming solo but not really for group powerfarming :)

1 minute ago, 4holes said:

It's up to you since damage reduction scales with power strength, but Transient's reduced duration means your shadows will lose hp faster. Same goes with Fleeting Expertise, you can swap it out for Streamline if you want slower hp decay.

The decaying hp of shadows is affected by power duration.

Cunning Drift is there for the extra range, but overextended + stretch already gives you around 57m range for desecrate. If you feel it's too much range, then you can use another exilus mod.

Overall, it's based on preference. If you feel your build suits fine with you, then go ahead and use it.

Uhm, it's tricky because you basically need everything.

Does Duration affect Desecrate at all? Because, while Fleeting Expertise+Transient Fortitude will make Shadows HP decay faster, it'll also mean that you can recast the ability with much less energy, so way more frequently, right?

owSJXus.jpg

This is my Shadows of the Dead focus Nekros. Blind rage and power drift to boost the damage reduction of Shield of Shadows to 90%. With so much damage reduction Nekros basically can eat Battalyst bombs like pop corns. Despoil and equilibrium to make sure I always have energy. Vitality for a deeper blood pool for despoil and general survivability. Steamline because Nekros has a energy pool of 150, can't cast 4 without it. Also I don't use fleeting expertise because I want my shadows last longer between recasts, the same to primed continuity. Corrosive projection and creeping terrify are personal choices, improves quality of life, at least to me. You can change the aura to steel charge if you like to get close and personal like I do or rifle amp or whatever. And you can exchange creeping terrify to stretch if you want more range on your 3 but it has a 25m default range, I think it's already pretty good. No overextended of course. Or you can swap in flow/primed flow if you are paranoid about running out of energy.

Edit: OMG sorry, my connection is kinda flaky today, didn't mean to post so many blank posts. I'm so sorry please don't kill me. D:

Edited by prot0mega

1 minute ago, siralextraffo said:

Uhm, it's tricky because you basically need everything.

Does Duration affect Desecrate at all? Because, while Fleeting Expertise+Transient Fortitude will make Shadows HP decay faster, it'll also mean that you can recast the ability with much less energy, so way more frequently, right?

So far the only thing that affects desecrate is power range, which only affects the range at which corpses get looted.

Recasting SOTD costs the same amount of energy, has a faster cast speed, and will do 3 things:

1. Heals your current shadows

2. Spawns another shadow if one dies

3. Teleports shadows to your current location

But with Fleeting Expertise, you'd probably only use 40 energy to cast SOTD for the price of shadows dying faster. With Transient, you would tank more damage but your shadows will also decay much much faster up to 20% of max hp per second. Also note that SOTD already draws alot of aggro form nearby enemies with the recent Nekros rework, so enemies would targets your shadows first before shooting you.

Once again its based on preference, more damage reduction or slower death of shadows.

9 minutes ago, prot0mega said:

This is my Shadows of the Dead focus Nekros. Blind rage and power drift to boost the damage reduction of Shield of Shadows to 90%. With so much damage reduction Nekros basically can eat Battalyst bombs like pop corns. Despoil and equilibrium to make sure I always have energy. Vitality for a deeper blood pool for despoil and general survivability. Steamline because Nekros has a energy pool of 150, can't cast 4 without it. Also I don't use fleeting expertise because I want my shadows last longer between recasts, the same to primed continuity. Corrosive projection and creeping terrify are personal choices, improves quality of life, at least to me. You can change the aura to steel charge if you like to get close and personal like I do or rifle amp or whatever. And you can exchange creeping terrify to stretch if you want more range on your 3 but it has a 25m default range, I think it's already pretty good. No overextended of course. Or you can swap in flow/primed flow if you are paranoid about running out of energy.

.Thanks for posting!

Edit: OMG sorry, my connection is kinda flaky today, didn't mean to post so many blank posts. I'm so sorry please don't kill me.

tumblr_m6ljjc6QoH1qe05hbo2_r1_250.gif

Edited by siralextraffo

5 minutes ago, 4holes said:

So far the only thing that affects desecrate is power range, which only affects the range at which corpses get looted.

Recasting SOTD costs the same amount of energy, has a faster cast speed, and will do 3 things:

1. Heals your current shadows

2. Spawns another shadow if one dies

3. Teleports shadows to your current location

But with Fleeting Expertise, you'd probably only use 40 energy to cast SOTD for the price of shadows dying faster. With Transient, you would tank more damage but your shadows will also decay much much faster up to 20% of max hp per second. Also note that SOTD already draws alot of aggro form nearby enemies with the recent Nekros rework, so enemies would targets your shadows first before shooting you.

Once again its based on preference, more damage reduction or slower death of shadows.

All clear now, thank you very much for the clarifications!

It's worth noting that in the current game you don't need a ton of survivability (outside of sorties, raids, etc.). Health Conversion is the preferred choice over Shield of Shadows if you don't meet its Power Strength requirement for 90% damage reduction.

I have two builds I run, one focused around all of Nekros' abilities, and the other for a more shadow/minion focused playstyle.

All-Around Build

Minion Master Build

Additional Power Duration is largely irrelevant if you run Equilibrium, so I choose to focus entirely on Power Strength in the Minion Master build. Rejuvenation is counter-intuitive since you aren't being attacked (or desecrating) constantly under most circumstances thus leading to moments when you'll be at full health and unable to pick up health orbs - and unable to build armor stacks from Health Conversion.

Edited by Supreme_Leader_Snoke

4 hours ago, Supreme_Leader_Snoke said:

It's worth noting that in the current game you don't need a ton of survivability (outside of sorties, raids, etc.). Health Conversion is the preferred choice over Shield of Shadows if you don't meet its Power Strength requirement for 90% damage reduction.

I have two builds I run, one focused around all of Nekros' abilities, and the other for a more shadow/minion focused playstyle.

All-Around Build

Minion Master Build

Additional Power Duration is largely irrelevant if you run Equilibrium, so I choose to focus entirely on Power Strength in the Minion Master build. Rejuvenation is counter-intuitive since you aren't being attacked (or desecrating) constantly under most circumstances thus leading to moments when you'll be at full health and unable to pick up health orbs - and unable to build armor stacks from Health Conversion.

Well I tried to use health conversion while doing some t3 def, I kept getting hosed by nullfiers and bombards while the gunners kept my armor down. Personally I feel health conversion is kinda inadequate.

Edited by prot0mega

8 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

The build is:

• Exilus - Power Drift
  • Blind Rage max
  • Primed Continuity
  • Primed Flow
  • Equilibrium
  • Despoil
  • Shield of Shadows
  • Vitality
  • Health Conversion

Do you think it is worth to use Creeping Terrify in this build? I like its CC.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Do you think it is worth to use Creeping Terrify in this build? I like its CC.

Can't fit it tbh. The range is not good enough to make use of it properly, and you don't have the slot for it. IF they remove the health decay/s then you might consider it, but at base range that's not gonna do much anyway .-. At that point i'd much rather have a Stretch to creep the hell out of more mobs, regardless of their fleeing speed.

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

Can't fit it tbh. The range is not good enough to make use of it properly, and you don't have the slot for it. IF they remove the health decay/s then you might consider it, but at base range that's not gonna do much anyway .-. At that point i'd much rather have a Stretch to creep the hell out of more mobs, regardless of their fleeing speed.

Tks for the answer. I will try your build today.

I usually only use teriffy if the hordes are too big or if I need to revive someone. I just feel that creeping teriffy defeats it's purpose to scare away enemies, but it also is good for taking down enemies with their reduced armor.

Is it just me or Nekros has some really good augments?

16 minutes ago, 4holes said:

I usually only use teriffy if the hordes are too big or if I need to revive someone. I just feel that creeping teriffy defeats it's purpose to scare away enemies, but it also is good for taking down enemies with their reduced armor.

Nekros augments are really good in my opinion as well. I used Creeping Terrify for the CC and to kill enemies before the update. I will try it without it now...

54 minutes ago, 4holes said:

My build right now uses 3 augments... I need help, those augments are just too good.

Personally I think creeping terrify without range mod is decent. Sure 15m doesn't seem to be much but my Nekros mains melee, and I hate to chase enemies around when my hammer just not long enough to reach them in the first swing (*cough*Crewmen*cough*). Also coupled with corrosive projection it can negate almost 70% armor, it really helps when you are facing those armor-aug enemies in sortie.

2 hours ago, prot0mega said:

Personally I think creeping terrify without range mod is decent. Sure 15m doesn't seem to be much but my Nekros mains melee, and I hate to chase enemies around when my hammer just not long enough to reach them in the first swing (*cough*Crewmen*cough*). Also coupled with corrosive projection it can negate almost 70% armor, it really helps when you are facing those armor-aug enemies in sortie.

This is the exact reason I was using Creeping Terrify. It could scare enemies but slow them down so I still would be able to kill them.