Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I kill Mustalist Alad V?

DrakoKnight48

Question

I'm a solo player whose trying to kill Mutalist Alad V for the last parts of Mesa's warframe. The last two being her Chassis and Systems. I've gone on the assassination mission multiple times before, each having a different load out of weapons and warframes. Tried Inaros. Tried Volt Prime. Both where killed many times. Tried Valkyr, she's been the only one whose been able to kill him thus far by using Hysteria and over 19 large energy resorts. I would have gladly gotten people from recruiting tab, but whenever I'm hosting a mission; by the time I load in, I find my teammates have been sent back to to their landing crafts due to a host migration EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. So at every mission I ride solo because of this.  

Any easier suggestions for killing Mutalist Alad V? 

7 answers to this question

He is only vulnerable without that collar around his neck. The sheild he drops can be problematic firing at them I would recommend the penta with the remote detonation it has.

Edit: I also believe his shield reflects damage when shot. Might be why inaros went down easily.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

Easiest suggestion for killing Alad is actually really, really simple.

Go in a group.

No, seriously.

He is only vulnerable when he takes off the collar, but a second or two after he takes off the collar he attaches it to a random player and mind controls them for a while. Unfortunately 'random' is not very random with only one target option for him. If you are four people, the other three can blast him to pieces while the fourth is controlled.

• Like 1

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Go in a group.

No, seriously.

He is only vulnerable when he takes off the collar, but a second or two after he takes off the collar he attaches it to a random player and mind controls them for a while. Unfortunately 'random' is not very random with only one target option for him. If you are four people, the other three can blast him to pieces while the fourth is controlled.

He can't mind control a solo session. It just causes a stagger at that point. Still a fatal slip up though against a boss.

2 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Go in a group.

No, seriously.

You missed the part in my message where I said I can't. Grouping up with people is next to impossible for me. Because whenever I host a team, they're all gonna end up sent back to their landing crafts due to a host migration. No one is gonna invite me to their squad unless I'm packing a key for them share. 

21 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

You missed the part in my message where I said I can't. Grouping up with people is next to impossible for me. Because whenever I host a team, they're all gonna end up sent back to their landing crafts due to a host migration. No one is gonna invite me to their squad unless I'm packing a key for them share. 

hmm well if you have a bless trinity build and a good crit/status melee build around slash you can solo it

Basically 75% dmg reduce+ link while building your counter it leaves slashes on that hit him once hes vulnerable at the sametime you may get a hit or 2 in while being relatively safe from harm other then that i would say try getting someone to host maybe? or just keep trying to group and hope for the best

• Like 1

I'm basically brand new but I had to do a grand total of 24 Mutalist Alad V runs for my Mesa (my favorite frame and the one I'm maining now).

He really only seems to remove his collar when he has a target to throw it at. Meaning if you are running and hiding and doing ninja tactics all day he won't throw his collar and so you won't be able to damage him.

Even though I went in groups no one seemed to be getting this and I let us win pretty easily by going in with the weakest loadout of weapons I could have (so I would do no damage when he controls me). I stand right in front of him, he controls me, and then my allies suddenly do damage and kill him. I would intentionally bait it by going and standing in the open next to him.

I'm unaware if this helped any but once I started doing this the runs that I had seemed to go quite a bit smoother with much shorter times killing him.

I'm not sure how that would go solo, I don't know if you can dodge his collar or anything solo.

I am at Pluto right now and working my way through unlocking the nodevs. Once I get to Mutalist Alad V I intend to use my coordinates to host free runs Mutalist Alad V for people as paypack to the community because MANY people let me join their keyshares even though I didn't have a key and helped me get my Mesa parts. If you're still struggling at that point I'll do keyshares once I'm at that point of the story and get keys and will invite you every time I can.

IGN: uAir

Edited by uAir

I farmed up Mesa entirely solo.

Bring Valkyr. Locate Alad. Remove his face. Repeat until Mesa is complete.

Took about 8 or 9 runs.

Now, granted, this is a very well tuned Valkyr, but that's why you play the game: to progress and improve. Also, poetic justice for the win.

Edited by Sloan441
Second thoughts...