Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to the Penta?

MechaTails

Question

Came back after a few months, equipped Penta, took it against Lv40 Void enemies...it only does like 500 damage to Heavies. WTH?

I'm shooting over their heads to cause headshots but it's not doing anything.

Do the grenades no longer trigger headshots, no matter where they detonate? Are all grenade launchers now like this?

Edited by MechaTails

7 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Explosives used to do headshots regardless of where they detonated now they do not. 

Thanks for the info. Is it still possible for the explosion to do headshot damage though? I'm detonating right above the enemy's head and there's no difference in damage.

21 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

You can still headshot with the Pentas but the point of detonation has gotta be at specific angles or it just latches onto chest/back.

Cool, where does the Penta grenade have to detonate for the explosion to deal headshot damage?

Also, Penta grenades don't latch on, might be a different weapon. Unless you mean to use the sticky mod? Is that the only way to do headshot damage now?

2 minutes ago, MechaTails said:

Cool, where does the Penta grenade have to detonate for the explosion to deal headshot damage?

Also, Penta grenades don't latch on, might be a different weapon. Unless you mean to use the sticky mod? Is that the only way to do headshot damage now?

By "latches on" I meant the damage targetting body parts and not the grenade itself sticking.

Not completely sure but it appears that if you were to imagine a bubble expanding out from the penta grenade detonation, it just has to touch the head specifically first which is problematic with some enemies like grineer who have huge shoulder and back gear. 

8 minutes ago, MechaTails said:

penta is dangerous, it killed me more than my enemy. I always equip sticky mod to prevent unwanted death.

Edited by (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar

14 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

By "latches on" I meant the damage targetting body parts and not the grenade itself sticking.

Not completely sure but it appears that if you were to imagine a bubble expanding out from the penta grenade detonation, it just has to touch the head specifically first which is problematic with some enemies like grineer who have huge shoulder and back gear. 

Thanks for clarifying, that narrows down where it could detonate to potentially do a headshot. If that's the case then technically the best place to detonate them is like 2 millimeters from their faces so the explosion bubble touches their head first lol

I'll try it on Corpus and see if it's way easier to headshot them since they wear towers for helmets. Although, the first hit doesnt cause a headshot, only when their head is exposed... >_<

I kinda like it if it is that way, it changes where we have to launch the grenades depending on the enemy. I mean, assuming DE lets us be able to headshot things that way.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

penta is dangerous, it killed me more than my enemy. I always equip sticky mod to prevent unwanted death.

I never have problems with it, if the enemy is too close I just switch to the sidearm or melee and go from there.

Edited by MechaTails