Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Dont We Have A Railgun?

LazerusKI

So, question in the title.

We have nearly all the weapons of our enemys with the clan research, even the moa-laser.

but the railgun is not there...

at the beginning i was hoping that the "flux rifle" or the "lanka" would be the railgun...but no...sadly its not.

are there plans of adding the railgun to our list?

well if we get a rail gun it would have to be Low Damage and High Stun, with a charge time and possibly low capacity and ammo count... I dunno just saying

Probably some kinda sniper rifle right? Perhaps give it armor ignore too?

would fit for a railgun^^

Armor Ignore or Piercing.

Lanka would fit for this "change" but Lanka is also a real weapon of the Corpus Sniper, so we would need a new seperated weapon

a single shot weapon with like 2s or 3s relaod time after each shot, and like 1,5s charge time...completely piercing everything...i would love it

Edited by LazerusKI

would fit for a railgun^^

Armor Ignore or Piercing.

Lanka would fit for this "change" but Lanka is also a real weapon of the Corpus Sniper, so we would need a new seperated weapon

a single shot weapon with like 2s or 3s relaod time after each shot, and like 1,5s charge time...completely piercing everything...i would love it

Maybe bring back the Snipetron with a new skin and new flavor text? The Tenno sniper railgun?

well if we get a rail gun it would have to be Low Damage and High Stun, with a charge time and possibly low capacity and ammo count... I dunno just saying

Then we'll get another completely useless weapon. Good railgun should be more like a Latron with slower rate of fire, but with armor ignore of piercing damage.

We just need to tear the top off one of these babies.

[Picture]

It shoots a blue hitscan bolt that goes through walls! It actually looks and acts like a railgun!

well...thats what i was talking about.

We have all the other weapons of them, only the Railgun is missing.

Would be a useless Rifle then.

Sniper or Vulkar like damage (between 100 and 150, or 200 like Lanka), One shot Magazine, High Piercing (like Moa), Chargetime...thats my opinion

Kind of wish the Lanka had its own unique skin rather than being what used to be the Snipetron's.

Also fully support having usable Moa Railguns even though they sound underwhelming... or I'm just stuck on just how badass and incredibly satisfying it is to use the railgun in MGS4. >_>;

Boltor? o.O

you know that the boltor is the Assault Rifle thing?

"Bolts" would be a different Mechanic, they hit only one target and maybe a few others with the Ragdolling Corpse.

The Moa-Railgun seems to be Laser based with high Penetration, it seems that it has a Travel Time, its fast, but it seems to be not hitscan.

The Charge Mechanic would fit better for Paris, Dread or Lanka, or even the Rocket Launchers.

I dont know why you would compare it to the Boltor o.o

If you dunno pls sssst m8.. railguns shoot up to mach 10!! It should have variable windup speeds/dmg with 100.000 puncture, to shoot straight through 10 enemy's, walls (including spaceship), and take down the first planet in line..  Also make it big, shiny, and with a sonic boom muzzel flash!!

Those Grineer should run even harder if i aim at them, and maybee scream something like "walla walla".. Awsome, yea thats what Enlil wants.

yup, hitscan would make sense^^

if the railgun would pierce through multiple things with good damage, it should have a high charge time, just like the Moa Railgun

and yes, it would be realy cool to see them running in fear xD

Edited by LazerusKI

yup, hitscan would make sense^^

if the railgun would pierce through multiple things with good damage, it should have a high charge time, just like the Moa Railgun

and yes, it would be realy cool to see them running in fear xD

Sync ok, +1

Moving to General Discussion, as it is discussing clan weapons in general (hurr durr) and railguns in specific - not related to the Dojo per se.

Err, you should pm the DE's asap about this.. finish my wet dreams.

I don't think railguns should be low damage :P ,railguns should be powerful weaponry but maybe with low ammo count and something that should only be used on bigger foes the high stun rate would come in handy and would make more sense to the devasitation of a rail gun.

If you dunno pls sssst m8.. railguns shoot up to mach 10!! It should have variable windup speeds/dmg with 100.000 puncture, to shoot straight through 10 enemy's, walls (including spaceship), and take down the first planet in line..  Also make it big, shiny, and with a sonic boom muzzel flash!!

Those Grineer should run even harder if i aim at them, and maybee scream something like "walla walla".. Awsome, yea thats what Enlil wants.

Mmmmm yes. This is exactly what it should be. I would use it. Sounds fair and not too hard to balance.