Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Layout Designer / Builder / Organiser

Nex-TCY

So after spending lots of Platinum with mates, hours or destroying rooms, rebuilding rooms, destroying rooms and rebuilding rooms, then rebuilding decorations... We have finally rebuilt our large clan Dojo. But wouldn't it have been much easier if there was a feature in Warframe that simply let you organise the rooms in a top down view. 

Picture this, you have a messy clan, you built with some friends a long time ago. You put a lot of research into it and you don't want to start a new clan. So you decide to re-organise it because you wish to expand and a messy clan just isn't useful, or inviting. But its going to take a long time because you don't have 500-1000 platinum to speed up the building process. So you sit there after 2 weeks of rebuilding and waiting for rooms to destroy. Finally you have done it but it could have been so much more simpler if....

If you only had a top down map, on a grid, to re-organise (drag and drop style) the rooms from a pallet. Imagine a simple user interface that allowed you to switch rooms, move them, rotate them etc. Imagine an editor that kept internal room decorations when you relocated a room. Now that sounds like a nice feature right?

• If you think this idea is something that has long been wanted since the dawn of dojo building then make some noise. 
  • If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
  • If you have something stupid or negative to say (try to think of a way to sound more constructive)

On 8/24/2016 at 10:35 AM, Koyle said:

Are you suggesting an ingame tool for this? Out of game, there has always been this http://kuenaimaku.github.io/Warframe-Dojo-Planner/ and it works pretty well.

i assume he is, as a way to reorganize an already built dojo rather than destroying it and starting over. which is an interesting idea, and one id definitely use if implemented

Im in the clan and me and another Mate spent 36hrs straight destroying and rebuilding rooms using over 1000 plat to do so. The game definitely needs a better system for those that have already built a dojo

another reason would be for the players that want it re-aranged but cnat due to having rooms that can't be obtained anymore

Edited by PsychoticMartian

On 22/08/2016 at 9:38 PM, Nex-TCY said:

So after spending lots of Platinum with mates, hours or destroying rooms, rebuilding rooms, destroying rooms and rebuilding rooms, then rebuilding decorations... We have finally rebuilt our large clan Dojo. But wouldn't it have been much easier if there was a feature in Warframe that simply let you organise the rooms in a top down view. 

Picture this, you have a messy clan, you built with some friends a long time ago. You put a lot of research into it and you don't want to start a new clan. So you decide to re-organise it because you wish to expand and a messy clan just isn't useful, or inviting. But its going to take a long time because you don't have 500-1000 platinum to speed up the building process. So you sit there after 2 weeks of rebuilding and waiting for rooms to destroy. Finally you have done it but it could have been so much more simpler if....

If you only had a top down map, on a grid, to re-organise (drag and drop style) the rooms from a pallet. Imagine a simple user interface that allowed you to switch rooms, move them, rotate them etc. Imagine an editor that kept internal room decorations when you relocated a room. Now that sounds like a nice feature right?

• If you think this idea is something that has long been wanted since the dawn of dojo building then make some noise. 
  • If you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
  • If you have something stupid or negative to say (try to think of a way to sound more constructive)

This gets all of the YES. Someone get this man a hot chocolate, a biccy and a foot stool. JOB DONE!

An in-game Dojo organiser would be awesome. Also need to find away to place a Decoration and build it with out 17 million clicks. And please . . . . The Forma, I have 1.7 Million orokin cells, 9 Forma left. Can it cost Cells instead? Or Neurodes?

The mechanics of decorating a dojo are actually quite terrible. Granted... I'm used to something along the lines of Sims... But the way it is... so many clicks, annoying to place items, you don't need to see your warframe when you are placing items... there's too many levels of screens to go through just for ONE decoration. I'd really love it if DE put a little time in making it easier... I like decorating but I don't get too far because I get annoyed by the mechanics of it.

• 3 months later...

You mean like a blueprint? I think this would be an awesome idea! I honestly can't see why their can't be a in game dojo planner aka the blueprint which you could 2d base plan with all the different parts and a floor level switch tab. Maybe you could place the blue print on the wall and clan members could go up to it and see all the resources needed and top tier members with the architect permission make adjustments to the blueprint.

There are a few features that could be added or improved in the Dojo decorator mode in my opinion, such as a duplicate tool; so that decorations of the same type are the same size. The constant placing and resizing of decorations can get a bit tedious and annoying when two decorations that are next to each other aren't the same size and YOU CAN TELL!.

One other thing that may need a good review is the size of the decoration box, what I mean is not being able to place things right next to walls or other objects around the Dojo. Could it be changed so that the box size is only as large as the object?

• 2 weeks later...

What we could really use is a proper Template system. Go through and add any number of rooms on, and walk through them, but they gain no function and can not be decorated until complete (and still appear as the holographic blue).

You could even lock them as black-out-zones to anyone who doesn't have certain rights (Architect rights?) in the clan.

If we had this, at the very least, we could map out our designs and build the layout of stuff before we actually contribute the resources. Things would still need to be built in their proper sequence of course, you'd still need reactors to power the buildings, and halls to provide Capacity for them (and each hall would need the precursor halls to be complete before you can actually start it).

Secondarily, we need a way to actually move tiles (or somehow deconstruct/reconstruct things like the Halls, that are prerequisites). If we had an in-game planner, we could set even set up changes, and it could set the tiles to automatically relocate over a period of time (instead of having to go to every single tile individually)

All my yes. An architect view that allows you to shuffle around rooms on a blueprint would be incredibly useful. I'd love to rearrange my clan's dojo a bit, but that'd take such an incredible amount of time (because the worst offenders are right at the first hall) that it's just not feasible with the current system.

• 4 weeks later...