Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Claws?

TheAscendedOne

These sleek, dual-wielded "Wolverine claws" would be in the same family as the Furax and Ankyros, with slight modifications to stats, animations, and functionality. 

Stats

Short range - very slightly longer than the Furax and Ankyros.

Slashing damage - triple damage to non-Ancient Infested but does not ignore armor.

20 base damage

1.25 base attack rate

175 base charge damage

1.0 base charge speed

15% crit chance for regular and charge

175% crit damage for regular and charge

Features

Line knockdown on jump attack. 

Small AoE on all hits. Really small - like, they have to be standing right by each other. 

No polarities. 

Animation changes

Feral slashes instead of jabs. 

Stealth execute is a throat-slit rather than a neck break. 

Ground execute is similar to that of its blunt cousins, but the victim is torn apart by rapid swipes of the claws. Twice as many swipes as the Furax, but each does half damage.

Jump attack is a pounce that covers a reasonable distance and knocks down foes in a line. 

Slide Attack drags foes with you for a short distance - useful for peeling them off of allies or locations. 

Moving to FanZone.

PS: Stats suggestions are usually not helpful. They don't belong into the concepting phase and need to be in line with DE's existing and future plans. It is probably better to leave those out.

Moving to FanZone.

PS: Stats suggestions are usually not helpful. They don't belong into the concepting phase and need to be in line with DE's existing and future plans. It is probably better to leave those out.

Stat suggestions help us a lot actually, they show the kind of role the weapon would play or the niche it would fill. In this case, looks like another dual based on charge attacks again.

Stat suggestions help us a lot actually, they show the kind of role the weapon would play or the niche it would fill. In this case, looks like another dual based on charge attacks again.

then just put them into spoiler so it wont outright draw DE's attention and also not make it look like TL;DR-post

My point is, a statement like "these are supposed to be a charge-focused weapon, with multi-hit" is a lot more helpful than those numbers. It leaves room for development, and it makes it clear where the concept is headed. Numbers are neither required, nor up to the players to decide, if that makes any sense.

My point is, a statement like "these are supposed to be a charge-focused weapon, with multi-hit" is a lot more helpful than those numbers. It leaves room for development, and it makes it clear where the concept is headed. Numbers are neither required, nor up to the players to decide, if that makes any sense.

Stat suggestions are what they are, suggestions. As long as stat values are well-balanced enough I don't see why anyone should refrain from posting them at all. And if you're worried about balance and feel that players don't have the right to decide them, you're right. But seeing as DE knows about as much as their players when it comes to balance, there's no harm in including stat suggestions. Should DE even consider drawing any inspiration from our concepts, they are not obliged to build them exactly like how we imagined, but can use our ideas for appearance, purpose and stat values for reference.

With regards to the suggestion:

So it's a Infested-killing charge-attack based dual weapon? 

Slide attack sounds interesting, perhaps handy for picking out a dangerous heavy in a mob

Your suggestion for a ground execution sounds like it'll have a long animation, sorta unfitting for fast-hitting dual weapons. 

To prevent clipping with guns, maybe these claws of yours should be retractable.

Through exctly how many suggestions, that consist of "This is supposed to be a ranged melee weapon on a chain" or "This is supposed to be a stealth frame" are you ready to go through? Like all the other wordyness, stats are there to make the post look prettier. If anything, it makes OP feel better about the suggestion. Please, just ignore useless parts, if you're sane enough to realize they're useless.

Make him post it here :D

Yeeeaah I donnu about that, he wants to keep it personal between me and his art or else peoples are gonna keep asking to see more. I wasn't even suppose to tell anyone or else like I said peoples are keep asking to see it so yeah can't help you there sorry :(

Stat suggestions are what they are, suggestions. As long as stat values are well-balanced enough I don't see why anyone should refrain from posting them at all. And if you're worried about balance and feel that players don't have the right to decide them, you're right. But seeing as DE knows about as much as their players when it comes to balance, there's no harm in including stat suggestions. Should DE even consider drawing any inspiration from our concepts, they are not obliged to build them exactly like how we imagined, but can use our ideas for appearance, purpose and stat values for reference.

With regards to the suggestion:

So it's a Infested-killing charge-attack based dual weapon? 

Slide attack sounds interesting, perhaps handy for picking out a dangerous heavy in a mob

Your suggestion for a ground execution sounds like it'll have a long animation, sorta unfitting for fast-hitting dual weapons. 

To prevent clipping with guns, maybe these claws of yours should be retractable.

1) I agree. They should be retractable.

2) The execution has the same duration as that of the Furax. I neglected to mention that it is twice the number of swipes at twice the speed - so, the same duration.